PDA

View Full Version : Do any teams still use the green-ink BP baseballs?

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I've gotten close to 50 BP baseballs this year, including getting atleast 1 baseball every game from both the Braves and the visiting team too and I haven't seen 1 green-ink BP baseball. Do any teams still use them? About half the baseballs I've gotten have "PRACTICE" stamped below the MLB logo in blue or it's stamped on the sweet spot in black, and the other half are just regular OMLB's.

lakeerie92
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Kyle, I have been to many games this year and I always go to BP. I wonder if we have ran across each other and didn't know each other. I haven't seen any green ink BP balls either, but I did get a Mets Inaugural season ball (Mets BP) and a Twins Inaugural season ball(Braves BP) this season.

flota89
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I got a couple green BP baseballs last year during Nationals BP, but none this year so far.

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Kyle, I have been to many games this year and I always go to BP. I wonder if we have ran across each other and didn't know each other. I haven't seen any green ink BP balls either, but I did get a Mets Inaugural season ball (Mets BP) and a Twins Inaugural season ball(Braves BP) this season.

I'm one of the people you see fishing out the baseballs from behind the wall. You've probably seen me doing that. A lot of people recognize me with my spikey hair

lakeerie92
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I asked Kenshin Kawakami to toss a ball to a kid in Japanese and when he did it fell behind the wall and you got it out for him.

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 05:00 PM
I asked Kenshin Kawakami to toss a ball to a kid in Japanese and when he did it fell behind the wall and you got it out for him.

Was that last season or this year?

lakeerie92
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
This year. I have seen you at a few games, but not all of the ones I have been too.

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
This year. I have seen you at a few games, but not all of the ones I have been too.

Oh okay I remember that then. I'm usually in section 142 in the 3rd row during BP since I've had the best luck at homeruns there. Plus I'm the only one who uses shipping tape to fish out the baseballs (everyone else uses cups and other types of tape).

lakeerie92
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I use a glove with a rubber band. Next time I see you I will say something. I don't have any particular attributes that stand out 6'2'' 200 lbs average 25 year old white guy

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I use a glove with a rubber band. Next time I see you I will say something. I don't have any particular attributes that stand out 6'2'' 200 lbs average 25 year old white guy

That's exactly what Zack Hample uses (http://www.zackhample.com/). He was at Turner Field this year. He got 50 baseballs in 3 days. He absolutely killed every chance I had at getting any baseballs.

lakeerie92
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
That's exactly what Zack Hample uses (http://www.zackhample.com/). He was at Turner Field this year. He got 50 baseballs in 3 days. He absolutely killed every chance I had at getting any baseballs.

That is where I got it from. I was there the first day he was. I talked to him for a little while. He runs around way too much for me. I did get 6 balls that day though, including one foul ball.

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
That is where I got it from. I was there the first day he was. I talked to him for a little while. He runs around way too much for me. I did get 6 balls that day though, including one foul ball.

I believe that day I got only 2 in BP. Most of the baseballs that landed right in the well in front of me he could still get to before me. He's QUICK

sox83cubs84
07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Between me and close buddy Joe McCarthy (about 25 BP baseballs combined in 2010), we have none.

Dave Miedema

coxfan
07-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Do the BP balls with "practice" stamped on them have the same color ink for the MLB logos as the regular OLMB balls do? I saw a show on the manufacture of balls a couple of years ago, and I got the impression that those that don't quite meet the factory tests are sold as practice-only, and may then be stamped in lighter ink (for the MLB logo) from the g-u group to distinguish them. That may be a way to identify any g-u balls that are being recycled for BP.

lakeerie92
07-13-2010, 07:28 PM
There are two different practice stamps. One is just a black arched ink stamp normally one the sweet spot. The other is printed on the ball just below the MLB logo. There are no color variations on the stamping of the logos. Although most of the time the practice balls are rejects and you can spot the irregularity on it whether it be a crooked logo or one that is cut off by the seams.