PDA

View Full Version : Touched Holy Grail, 67 Saints Taylor

saintsfan
07-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Group,

I was at a Saints trophy tour yesterday. They had guards all over the Lombardi trophy, a ring, the Beer Man, guards everywhere except at this table where I found the 1967 Saints black Jim Taylor (HOF) jersey. Anyone could have walked off with it. I was scared for history's sake. I was able to flip the tag and photograph it. Made by Southland. I am in the middle of a 1967 Kilmer DIY project. Nice to be able to measure the stripes. They seem to be 1" wide. The color of the numbers is old gold (not copper).

The newspaper said they would have THE Brees SB game jersey, however the one exhibited was pristine. I suspect it was just a display model. Regards Tom

G1X
07-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Tom,

Thanks for posting the photos of the Saints' Jim Taylor jersey. What a sharp-looking durene jersey! It's too bad that they don't make them like that anymore.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons jerseys, World Football League uniforms, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game used items.

both-teams-played-hard
07-19-2010, 12:47 AM
That Taylor is a beauty! I am sure more folks were impressed with that Brees shirt. Yes, we are getting old.
Southland made jerseys for the Saint's first season. The assistant equipment manager for Dallas went to N.O. in their inaugural season and brought the Southland account with him.

sox83cubs84
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
That's the first inaugural year Saints gamer I've ever seen (other than in a player photo). To quote Peter Griffin: "SWEEET!".

Dave Miedema

AKSaint
01-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Very cool to be able to see the Taylor jersey "saintsfan." You did a good job on your DIY jerseys that you posted on the Saints thread.

Bob