Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indyred
    • May 2006

Braves, SF, A's, Tampa throwbacks jerseys/helmets

Are all hitting mlb.com auctions. Didn't even know Tampa and Braves used throwback helmets. Some pretty cool stuff.
  • skipcareyisfat
    • Nov 2005

Re: Braves, SF, A's, Tampa throwbacks jerseys/helmets

Thanks for pointing those out! Speaking of throwbacks, the Mariners TB's were AWESOME!!! Love the Pilots' old unis. There's a Sexson scrambled eggs helmet on MLB right now. I think they should've left the number off the brim though.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Comment

• kylehess10
      • Feb 2006

Those Braves throwbacks are SWEET! Anybody know if the Braves game worn pants are from the TBTC game too?
      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• jake33
        • Nov 2005

I have the Devil rays vs. Braves game on DVD if anyone wnats a copy...

TBTC night on 6/24/06 on dvd, as I have put $1800 aside to bid on a few D-rays jerseys...

Comment

• bigtime59
          • Nov 2005

According to Majestic/MLB, the seventies were an odd time, when the game was played by relatives of the Sta-Puffed Marshmallow Man and ex-Sumo wrestlers...
          I just got my Jeremey Accardo Giants jersey (size 46), and I kid you not, it's only slightly smaller than the Daniel Cabrera jersey (size 54) I recently got on eBay! I could almost put my leg through one of the sleeves! They're huge!
          It's so strange how they consistenly blow the sizing/cut of these pullover throwbacks! For whatever reason, it's only the pullovers! Very, very strange.
          Same thing happened with the 2004 Orioles TBC pullovers...
          Mark
          msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

• possum
            • Apr 2006

Thanks for the info bigtime. I've got my eye on a Braves TBTC and was worried i'd never be able to fit it over my gut.

Comment

• indyred
              • May 2006

Originally posted by jake33
              I have the Devil rays vs. Braves game on DVD if anyone wnats a copy...

TBTC night on 6/24/06 on dvd, as I have put $1800 aside to bid on a few D-rays jerseys...
              Have you won anything yet?
              It's pretty cool how one some of these throwback auctions you get the jersey/pants and cap......

Comment

• jake33
                • Nov 2005

No i haven't gotten anything, the auction ends in 2 weeks... I called their PR office in tampa and I asked what they'll do if there is no bids on items, and they will take offers on stuff, after the auction, if you want I can get you the PR office's phone #,

Comment

• ham1963
                  • Apr 2006

Jake,
                  Can you please post the phone number to the Devil Rays PR Dept.
                  Thanks,
                  John

Comment

• possum
                    • Apr 2006

Yes, please do post the # Jake. Thanks.

Comment

• jake33
                      • Nov 2005

I'll post the number after the auction and after I call the Rays myself and make offers on a few Tarpons items that I know have no chance of hitting the minimum bid (don't worry I am not interested ina single ATL Braves item)

With those auctions I don't know why they just don't start the bidding on them a little bit cheaper, $250 for a bench coach's jersey!?!?!

Comment

• jake33
                        • Nov 2005

Also, I am going to call the PR office AND marketing/promotions office the very NEXT day on 9/1/06 after that i will post their number that weekend.

Comment

• possum
                          • Apr 2006

Well Jake, if it makes you feel anymore comfortable you can email me the number. I promise I'm not interested in a single TB item, only Braves. Thanks, my email is in my profile.

Comment

• pietraynor
                            • Nov 2005

Here's the Tampa Bay team number, try it & ask for PR..727-825-3137..Also, if past MLB throwback auctions are a true indicator, most of the handful of items that don't currently have a bid, will by the end of the auction. I don't look for many items to be available for post-auction purchase, although I do agree that some of the starting prices are high. Don't look for much of a break on anything that's left, some teams relist items that don't sell w/lower starting price. As a side note, you can go to any pro team website (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, etc) to find a contact number & start from there to find game used items. A tip for newer collectors, & not meant for anyone in particular, don't be afraid to do a little legwork instead of relying on others for info-especially if it's something you really want. Jay

Comment

• jake33
                              • Nov 2005

Also, an interesting side note, I talked to an very good inside source with the rays and he also said EVERY single player/coach on the rays AND braves that evening got a framed game issued jersey of their throwback jersey after the game. I wonder if any of those game issued framed items will ever hit the market down the road?

Comment

Working...