PDA

View Full Version : Braves, SF, A's, Tampa throwbacks jerseys/helmets

indyred
07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Are all hitting mlb.com auctions. Didn't even know Tampa and Braves used throwback helmets. Some pretty cool stuff.

skipcareyisfat
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for pointing those out! Speaking of throwbacks, the Mariners TB's were AWESOME!!! Love the Pilots' old unis. There's a Sexson scrambled eggs helmet on MLB right now. I think they should've left the number off the brim though.

kylehess10
07-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Those Braves throwbacks are SWEET! Anybody know if the Braves game worn pants are from the TBTC game too?

jake33
08-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I have the Devil rays vs. Braves game on DVD if anyone wnats a copy...

TBTC night on 6/24/06 on dvd, as I have put $1800 aside to bid on a few D-rays jerseys...

bigtime59
08-07-2006, 10:58 PM
According to Majestic/MLB, the seventies were an odd time, when the game was played by relatives of the Sta-Puffed Marshmallow Man and ex-Sumo wrestlers...
I just got my Jeremey Accardo Giants jersey (size 46), and I kid you not, it's only slightly smaller than the Daniel Cabrera jersey (size 54) I recently got on eBay! I could almost put my leg through one of the sleeves! They're huge!
It's so strange how they consistenly blow the sizing/cut of these pullover throwbacks! For whatever reason, it's only the pullovers! Very, very strange.
Same thing happened with the 2004 Orioles TBC pullovers...

possum
08-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info bigtime. I've got my eye on a Braves TBTC and was worried i'd never be able to fit it over my gut. :)

indyred
08-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I have the Devil rays vs. Braves game on DVD if anyone wnats a copy...

TBTC night on 6/24/06 on dvd, as I have put $1800 aside to bid on a few D-rays jerseys...

Have you won anything yet?
It's pretty cool how one some of these throwback auctions you get the jersey/pants and cap......

jake33
08-18-2006, 07:48 AM
No i haven't gotten anything, the auction ends in 2 weeks... I called their PR office in tampa and I asked what they'll do if there is no bids on items, and they will take offers on stuff, after the auction, if you want I can get you the PR office's phone #,

ham1963
08-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Jake,
Can you please post the phone number to the Devil Rays PR Dept.
Thanks,
John :D

possum
08-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes, please do post the # Jake. Thanks.

jake33
08-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I'll post the number after the auction and after I call the Rays myself and make offers on a few Tarpons items that I know have no chance of hitting the minimum bid (don't worry I am not interested ina single ATL Braves item)

With those auctions I don't know why they just don't start the bidding on them a little bit cheaper, $250 for a bench coach's jersey!?!?!

jake33
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Also, I am going to call the PR office AND marketing/promotions office the very NEXT day on 9/1/06 after that i will post their number that weekend.

possum
08-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Well Jake, if it makes you feel anymore comfortable you can email me the number. I promise I'm not interested in a single TB item, only Braves. Thanks, my email is in my profile. :)

pietraynor
08-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Here's the Tampa Bay team number, try it & ask for PR..727-825-3137..Also, if past MLB throwback auctions are a true indicator, most of the handful of items that don't currently have a bid, will by the end of the auction. I don't look for many items to be available for post-auction purchase, although I do agree that some of the starting prices are high. Don't look for much of a break on anything that's left, some teams relist items that don't sell w/lower starting price. As a side note, you can go to any pro team website (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, etc) to find a contact number & start from there to find game used items. A tip for newer collectors, & not meant for anyone in particular, don't be afraid to do a little legwork instead of relying on others for info-especially if it's something you really want. Jay

jake33
08-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Also, an interesting side note, I talked to an very good inside source with the rays and he also said EVERY single player/coach on the rays AND braves that evening got a framed game issued jersey of their throwback jersey after the game. I wonder if any of those game issued framed items will ever hit the market down the road?

possum
08-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the advice Jay. I found that number on my own but thought Jake had a direct line. Your tip for new collectors is good, I've been on the hockey side of the hobby for 5 years now and the legwork is the best part. I'm sure all the jerseys will sell and I intend to bid on the one I want, but if I can pick up any of the helmets later for cheaper, that's my angle.

Another great part of any hobby is the sharing of knowledge between collectors. Clearly Jake is a Rays fan and I couldn't care less about them as I've been a Braves fan my whole life. I don't collect other MLB teams. It was my hope that he wouldn't mind sharing the number with me privately, but if he wants to wait I can't complain...its not like I have the number already.

dcrules01
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Im in the market for the Mets New York Cubans jersey.Just got some info that the Washington Nationals own the rights to the jerseys because it was played in Washington.Im giving them a call tommorow...

indyred
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
That is strange the Nationals got the Mets NY Cubans jerseys from that game. By the way, have any of the Nationals throwback... Grays game jerseys been offered yet? They wore a gray version in Milwaukee earlier this season.

jake33
08-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Also, I just made a DVD box cover that I can email to anyone for free of the Devil Rays vs. Braves throwback game, now belive me I am NO graphic designer but it is still decent enough to use, for the images on the dvd.

I used three game photos that I found and of coarse photos of a few game used items, and since I am a big D-Rays honk, i put the box score for the rays on the dvd box cover and a few more D-Rays photos than Braves photos, but none the less the dvd box cover if free if anyone would like it.

email

jake33
08-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Also, I just made a DVD box cover that I can email to anyone for free of the Devil Rays vs. Braves throwback game, now belive me I am NO graphic designer but it is still decent enough to use, for the images on the dvd.

I used three game photos that I found and of coarse photos of a few game used items, and since I am a big D-Rays honk, i put the box score for the rays on the dvd box cover and a few more D-Rays photos than Braves photos, but none the less the dvd box cover if free if anyone would like it.

email me jahimiak33@yahoo.com

possum
08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
You guys did well in that game, you're right to celebrate it. Nice comeback if I recall correctly. Good luck Thursday in the auction.

jake33
08-31-2006, 04:26 PM
How did everybody do in the auction for the rays and the braves?

camarokids
08-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Just call the devil rays number at 727-825-3137 and communications will transfer you over to the marketing department , which the lady on the phone told me is handling it , not the PR dept

ham1963
08-31-2006, 07:04 PM
I won the Chris Retisma jersey. I tried to place a bid on the Toby Hall cleats but it would not let me bid because the stated my bid was to low, who knows. Did they have the pants for the Retisma i didn't see them.
John

momen55
09-02-2006, 12:21 PM
jake33,

i will take a copy! it will be nice to see the stuff i bought in action!:D email me at oldz70@yahoo.com for all the details. thanks. ivan

momen55
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
has anyone received there game used items yet? i received my equiptment today and it looks great. the casey fossum jersey is my size so i can wear it. the helmets are very nice indeed.

it is interesting to see that the helmets were painted red! maybe to give them a "better" look on tv and under the lights. the toby hall on the right is darker.

is there anyone here on the forum that lives in the tampa area besides me? i was thinking that if some of you don't want to wait 2-4 weeks for your stuff, like myself, that maybe if at all possible, for a nominal fee i can pickup the items you won and send them to you. i know the person in charge of the items so maybe something can be worked out.:D

possum
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I got the Braves Thorman. Wanted the Diaz but it got to be an affordability issue. The first email I got after the auction said it would be like 4 weeks, then I got another saying it wouldn't be long. It very well could be at my office by now, I've been out of town since Friday.

momen55, nice trashcan down there to the right. :D

indyred
09-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Cool picture momen55. Must be nice to get them in hand. Did anything go unsold from the auction.....

momen55
09-06-2006, 10:26 AM
possum,

thanks about the can. my wife found it at a swap meet for $2! it looks great with the decor.

indyred, most of the pants didn't sell. items that did not sell will be sold in the devilrays fanfest this coming year, that is what i was told. :D

ham1963
09-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I guess that I was unlucky but the Chris Retisma pants sold and I did not see them. If anyone on the board bought them and would be intrested in trading them I have a pair of Kenny Lofton Atlanta Braves roads pants for trade.

jake33
09-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I am still waiting for my game used throwback items...

Baldelli GU jersey
Cantu GU jersey
Branyan GU Jersey
Damon Hollins GU jersey
James Shields GU jersey
Ty Wigginton GU jersey
Branyan GU helmet

Most items sold a few tarpons did not...

I wonder how long it will take to get my items?

The one thing I really like about thowbacks is that with most baseball jersey finding a great photo match is almost impossible. When it was worn in just 1 game it makes it pretty easy to run down...