PDA

View Full Version : HOW MUCH ARE YANKEE GAME ISSUED BATS WORTH (Cano, Tex, Alex)?

yankees506
07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey guys i have 3 yankee game issued bats and would like to know what they are worth, all have steiner paperwork:

2009 Robinson cano game issued ssk bat

2007 Alex rodriguez game issued lvs

2009 Mark Teixeria game issued m9 lvs (possible game used, rack marks, bit of tar and 3 markings that appear to be ball marks)

Let me know where i should be on these as i am planning to sell them. Thanks

yankees506
07-18-2010, 02:29 AM
bump

Manram
07-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Hey guys i have 3 yankee game issued bats and would like to know what they are worth, all have steiner paperwork:

2009 Mark Teixeria game issued m9 lvs (possible game used, rack marks, bit of tar and 3 markings that appear to be ball marks)

These are total guesses as i don't know market of game issued, but no one else is responding:

Cano: $250

A-Rod: $400

Tex: $300

spartakid
07-18-2010, 02:58 AM
I'll just throw out a guess on this for you. maybe something like $300-$400 for A-Rod, $100 for Cano, and I'd have to see pics of the Tex (whether it's used or not obviosuly makes a big difference. Maybe $100-$150 if it's unused.

STLHAMMER32
07-18-2010, 03:04 AM
I'd look at what a game used bat sells for currently for each and then probably cut that price at least in half to determine the approximate going rate. Sparta's estimates are pretty close to what I would put each at but it's just like anything else it's whatever a collector wants to pay for them.

zooat2
07-18-2010, 10:08 AM
- Steiner had a Tex GI bat for $150 last week.

yankees506
07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Ive seen tex yankee bats sell for $800 so a gi possibly gu bat would be $400?
Thanks guys for the responces

STLHAMMER32
07-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Ive seen tex yankee bats sell for $800 so a gi possibly gu bat would be $400?
Thanks guys for the responces

Steiner was selling a similar bat for $150 so thats what you can expect, unless the bat truly is game used then you might be closer to that $400 mark I would say. If you supplied photos it may help evaluate them, its tough to give dollar amounts without seeing an item.

yankees506
07-18-2010, 12:06 PM
will post pics asap. Steiner was selling one for $150? can anyone provide me a link to this bat?

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 12:34 PM

Ok. A Cano gamer goes for between 200 and 300 from Steiner or Mead Chasky who I believe is his memorabilia agent. There are ALOT of Cano gamers on the market so my guess is probably between 100 and 150 for a GI.

Tex is tricky depending on where you got it. Without an MLB holo or Steiner loa the possible game use won't add to the value because you cannot prove how the marks got there. Someone could have inflicted those marks who was not Tex i.e. in a batting cage or backyard and anyone can pine tar a bat. That being said noone is actually paying 800 for a tex bat I paid 400 and change for mine. So I would say it is worth between 150 and 200. If you have a way to tie the "use" to Tex it would be worth much more.

The Arod is obviously the most valuable I would say you could get between 750-1000 for it because his gamers go anywhere from 1,900 to 3,500.

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 12:36 PM
On arod you might want to ask joel (the moderator) or Tony (ARod13) because they are the go to guys on Arod and the model probably affects the value since he apparently uses different models.

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 12:37 PM
- Steiner had a Tex GI bat for $150 last week.

Wow I didnt even read this before I posted my guess was pretty close a product of too much time in the hobby lol.

yankees506
07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Tex is tricky depending on where you got it. Without an MLB holo or Steiner loa the possible game use won't add to the value because you cannot prove how the marks got there. Someone could have inflicted those marks who was not Tex i.e. in a batting cage or backyard and anyone can pine tar a bat.

Bat was puchased direct from steiner, so i dont thing the markings have been "doctored". The rack marks tar and markings make it appear to have seen some used, we all know an item can be tagged GI when it has been GU. Not to say it is the most pounded bat out there but hey.

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Bat was puchased direct from steiner, so i dont thing the markings have been "doctored". The rack marks tar and markings make it appear to have seen some used, we all know an item can be tagged GI when it has been GU. Not to say it is the most pounded bat out there but hey.

yeah but in most collectors minds whatever the letter says trumps everything else. the markings may be perfectly legit the hard part is convincing people to disregard the letter saying the item is gi rather than gu. i believe steiner just goes by what the team tells them anyway so it is very possible something was mislabeled by the yanks.

mlupo
07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
yeah but in most collectors minds whatever the letter says trumps everything else. the markings may be perfectly legit the hard part is convincing people to disregard the letter saying the item is gi rather than gu. i believe steiner just goes by what the team tells them anyway so it is very possible something was mislabeled by the yanks.

I bought a couple bats directly from the Tigers about a year ago and they were older players(before mlb authenticated almost everything) and because they did not know for sure if they were used in a game or just bp, they did not sell them as GU, but they said they were most likely GU. Maybe that is the case with Tex

STLHAMMER32
07-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok. A Cano gamer goes for between 200 and 300 from Steiner or Mead Chasky who I believe is his memorabilia agent. There are ALOT of Cano gamers on the market so my guess is probably between 100 and 150 for a GI.

Tex is tricky depending on where you got it. Without an MLB holo or Steiner loa the possible game use won't add to the value because you cannot prove how the marks got there. Someone could have inflicted those marks who was not Tex i.e. in a batting cage or backyard and anyone can pine tar a bat. That being said noone is actually paying 800 for a tex bat I paid 400 and change for mine. So I would say it is worth between 150 and 200. If you have a way to tie the "use" to Tex it would be worth much more.

The Arod is obviously the most valuable I would say you could get between 750-1000 for it because his gamers go anywhere from 1,900 to 3,500.

I don't think this numbers are accurate for what his gamers go for, Jeter possibly but not arod. Arod game used bats are all over the place for 1k or less, and if they are not yankee bats you can really get a low price.

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't think this numbers are accurate for what his gamers go for, Jeter possibly but not arod. Arod game used bats are all over the place for 1k or less, and if they are not yankee bats you can really get a low price.

The prices are all over the grid. I am talking Steiner and/or MLB Authenticated though. I know that was the range Steiner sold them in.

STLHAMMER32
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
The prices are all over the grid. I am talking Steiner and/or MLB Authenticated though. I know that was the range Steiner sold them in.

I think that collectors are willing to pay more for Steiner and MLB authenticated game used items because they feel more comfortable that they are in fact actually game used. With game issued bats I don't know if the same premium is applied because it is an issued bat and there is not much concern over what it actually is....I just can't see an Arod GI selling for around 1k but who knows what someone might pay. If it was autographed maybe that would be less of a stretch.....