PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stanton Marlins Game Used Bat Value

geoff
07-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi I want to know if any Member knows The Value of Mike Stanton Game Used Bats from The Marlins as I have not seen any For Sale Yet.I know He is suppose to be A SuperStar Player And has lots of Talent.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

legaleagle92481
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
probably about 250. you have to value his potential and lack of supply and desirability of having a bat from his first year against the chance he does not make it and becomes the next jeremy hermedia, the last marlins future star outfielder who washed out.

Manram
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
I am sure you could find someone that would pay a ridiculous amount. So the price would totally range

mdube16
07-17-2010, 08:47 AM
At the marlins auction a few weeks ago his grand slam 1st HR bat sold for about $850. I almost pulled the trigger on it.

geoff
07-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Who knows how good this Kid is going to be.I was Thinking like $400.00 to $500.00 because of The fact there are none for Sale.Just wanted to know Members Thoughts.Thanks to who replied And anymore Thoughts from other Members.

Thanks
Geoff

Manram
07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Who knows how good this Kid is going to be.I was Thinking like $400.00 to $500.00 because of The fact there are none for Sale.Just wanted to know Members Thoughts.Thanks to who replied And anymore Thoughts from other Members.

Thanks
Geoff

That would sound reasonable for a price. The kid has a rather compact swing but generates a lot of power.

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Thanks
Geoff

now you could probably get that but as a buyer id hold off the price will drop. some hofers arent even worth that much rickey henderson for example consistently goes under 400.

Fnazxc0114
07-18-2010, 01:37 PM
i like to buy rookie bats, so i have no problems over paying for them. Legal i know you can get hof's for less, but how much you think a known ricky rookie bat would go for? As far as mike stanton 2-400 bucks, that would be what the rangers would charge of a rookie of his caliber.

legaleagle92481
07-18-2010, 04:31 PM
i like to buy rookie bats, so i have no problems over paying for them. Legal i know you can get hof's for less, but how much you think a known ricky rookie bat would go for? As far as mike stanton 2-400 bucks, that would be what the rangers would charge of a rookie of his caliber.

its not comparable because there is alot less stuff from when any hofer was a rookie in rickey's case it was over 30 years ago. stanton stuff will hit the market from this season as the marlins auction gu stuff on mlb.com all the time and i know Hollywood Collectibles usually ends up signing most top young Marlins to memorabilia deals they did it with Cabera and Hanley when they were rookies so I would not be shocked if it happened with Stanton as well, although that is just speculation on my part based on past history. So there will be stuff on the market.

My worry would be spending $400 and the guy flops. Look at Hermedia some people said he was going to be better than Miguel. a few short years later what could you get for one of his rookie bats? Probably very little. or cameron maybin as another example. alot of marlins prospects go bust. If he makes it big then yes $400 for a rookie bat may look like a steal in 10 years but thats a huge if. if i were going to invest in any rookie the guy id pick would be buster posey, the kid looks amazing so far and he is a catcher.

bscott
05-23-2013, 04:05 PM
This thread was from 2010, and hasn't been updated since. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

So what are your opinions on the current value of a Mike/Giancarlo Stanton game used bat?

Specifically, what are the values for rookie-era "Mike" Stanton bat (2010 or so) versus a more recent, "Giancarlo" Stanton game used bat?

As values range wildly, of course, depending on use and provenance, let's assume the bats are either MLB authenticated or Photomatched.

Curious to hear people's opinions.

-bscott