PDA

View Full Version : Lost helmet update

skipcareyisfat
07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Last December I sent one of Tom Pagnozzi's old Cardinals helmets to him to autograph. Before doing so I contacted him through his Arkansas-based charity to make sure it would okay. No problem, they said. So I sent it. Unfortunately, it disappeared from the doorstep of his office before he got it. I figured someone either stole it or mistakingly threw it away. In fact, I posted a "lost" notice about it on the forum.

The people at the charity were extremely nice about it and sent a bunch stuff like autographs, Cardinals and Arkansas memorabilia. Well, much to my surprise, the helmet turned up on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. Turns out, FedEx took it upon themselves to re-deliver it to his house. This is strange because I used USPS (w/ delivery confirmation) to send it. Apparently, Pagnozzi was moving at the time and he stuck the box in his attic, until he found a few days ago, signed it and sent it back.

It's obviously not a really valuable helmet, but it's cool nonetheless. Good pine tar, used during the '98 season (his last) and now signed "game used."

Good to have Pags back.

Jason

suave1477
07-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Thats Great News!!!!

Skip wow talk about super luck!!!

skipcareyisfat
07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks Suave! I couldn't believe it when I opened the box. Thought it was a goner.

Swoboda4
07-20-2006, 09:29 AM
I didn't expect a good end to this story. I'm happy to hear about this.