PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Braun NEW BAT???

SkubeBats
07-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Hello,
I have noticed the past two days that Ryan Braun isn't using his normal black SAM bats. He's been using an all blond bat and I can't make out what kind of bat it is. If anyone know's please let us know.

STLHAMMER32
07-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Hello,
I have noticed the past two days that Ryan Braun isn't using his normal black SAM bats. He's been using an all blond bat and I can't make out what kind of bat it is. If anyone know's please let us know.

Jaimie,

I have noticed that several Brewers including Prince Fielder and Jim Edmonds have been trying RockBats, which is a small bat company that got it's start in Wisconsin I believe. Seems like the players have really liked the bats and believe in 'em because its been spreading around the team from what I've seen. I think that if Ryan is trying out a new bat it most likely is a RockBat. Hope this helps!

SkubeBats
07-25-2010, 02:36 PM
That's the first thing that came to mind for me also. I hope maybe someone will get a better look and we can find out for sure.

flota89
07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
It looks like it has a skinny black or blue ring around it. I think there was some kind of bat like a B46 or B42 or something like that possibly? If anyone knows more about the brand I might be thinking of, they may be able to help.

Manram
07-25-2010, 03:15 PM
It looks like it has a skinny black or blue ring around it. I think there was some kind of bat like a B46 or B42 or something like that possibly? If anyone knows more about the brand I might be thinking of, they may be able to help.

B45?

flota89
07-25-2010, 03:27 PM
B45?
Yes. That's it. For some reason I couldn't remember.:rolleyes:

jetersbatboy
07-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Pic's

MLB_Authentic
07-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Jetersbatboy- I believe the top photo is a phoenix bat, and the bottom picture is a rock bat.

tbone90
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I agreee with MLB Authentic. The top pic/bat would appear to be a Phoenix. The second pic/bat is definitely a Rock bat.

mattmueller
07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
These photos appear to be from Saturday's (7-24) game. Braun's bat use in that game was:

1st inning: Blond Corey Hart Rock Bat (Home Run bat)
3rd inning: Same bat as 1st inning (likely broken in this PA)
5th inning: Blond bat with no apparent logo
7th inning: Black bat with no apparent logo
9th inning: Blond Corey Hart bat with no apparent logo (appears to be same as 5th inning bat).

The notation of "Corey Hart bat" is based on review of screen shots of the bats used having Hart's #1 on the knob. These bats also appear to have a larger knob, which is typical of a Hart model bat.

As to the bats, in my opinion, the top photo above is a photo of the bat used in the 1st and 3rd inning. The bottom photo is the bat used in the 5th and 9th inning. To me, the botom photo appears to have a faded Rock Bat logo on it (although for some reason with no line accompanying it) and both are Rock Bats.

Matt

BMH
07-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Antigo or Rock bat has been around a few years. It's owner Hernandez is one of the "experts" MLB used to determined the new criteria for Maple. At the time he worked for the Forestry service and dabbled with bats. Well, after the new rules came into effect he talked the Brewers into hiring him as a "Bat Expert". He was going through all the bats sent to the Brewers and telling the EM and players which bats were good and which ones were not. His company wasn't making MLB bats at the time. Well, I don't know if he is still the "Expert" but his company is now producing bats for MLB. His connections inside the Brewers the most likely reason you see more of his bats.

SkubeBats
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Tonight in the 6th inning Ryan was using the blond bat again. This time he broke the bat in two on a grounder. When he was called out the camera guy did a close up of the broken bat and the bat barrel was a Crey Hart Rock bat that he was using. So we all know for sure what it is now.

BrewCrewSackers
07-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Yep, He's been using Hart's Rock bats on and off lately. His last homerun on saturday was with one. Saw it in person.

happyyoungster
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
The aforementioned Corey Hart "Rock Bat" used by Ryan Braun to hit Career HR #119...

Followed by HR #119...35172

joelsabi
08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
The aforementioned Corey Hart "Rock Bat" used by Ryan Braun to hit Career HR #119...

Followed by HR #119...40798

cool. how did you track the bat?

happyyoungster
08-13-2010, 11:49 PM
cool. how did you track the bat?

A little research and determination, a few helpful Brewers contacts and a whole lotta luck!

-Nick