PDA

View Full Version : 90's Diamond Collection Specific Questions

thehammer
07-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Couple of questions on the MLB Authentic Russell jerseys from the 90s, would appreciate any help or input. Sorry for the length, thanks in advance.

Orioles:
Does anyone know what year the O's used the black jerseys with orange lettering? The ones that don't have the orange piping running down the center and back neck, just solely wrapped around the sleeves. Also, was there a number on the front of the jersey or just the back?
Were there any patches on these jerseys during the years that I could add on? Which ones if there are?

Rockies:
Did the Rockies ever have numbers on the front during the Russell Diamond Collection years on the white with black pinstripe jerseys that says Rockies across the front? If they had them and then added them, what years were either in effect and also what patches could be added to which? How were the 98 ASG patches handled?

Thanks again.

xpress34
08-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Rockies:

1st, they never had 'Black' pinstripes. The Rockies pinstripes have always been 'Purple' - Home and Road.

2nd, not sure when the Rockies added front numbers, but my GU 1997 Larry Walker Home White has his 33 on the front and it came from the Rockies. I have use him as a search tool and found picture attributed to 1997 with the number on front and 1998 pics (with all star patch) with no number on front. With the Rox, it's possible they went back and forth - hell, there tagging isn't even uniform for any given year...

3rd, Patches:

1993 - Rox Inaugural Year Patch
1994 - MLB 125th Ann Patch
1995 - Coors Field Patch
1996 - Hank Aaron Patch (MDM Memorial Patch - Michael McMorris)
1997 - Jackie Robinson Patch (DM Memorial Patch - Doug Million)
1998 - All Star Game Patch
1999 - Hank Aaron 715 Patch (CHS Memorial Patch - Columbine High School)
2000 - No Patch
2001 - No Patch
2002 - 10th Anniversary Patch
2003 - No Patch
2004 - No Patch (1st year of Majestic Jerseys I believe)
2005 - No Patch
2006 - No Patch
2007 - No Patch
2008 - No Patch
2009 - No Patch
2010 - No Patch (KSM Memorial Patch - Keli McGregor)

Finally - if you are looking at a Rockies Home White Jersey from Russell, it should have CREAM colored buttons that are embossed 'Colorado Rockies' around them. The White 'pearlescent' buttons are replica/store models.

Here is a picture of a button from a GU Rockies Home White Russell jersey (Larry walker 1997):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/rockiesbutton.jpg

Hope this helps!

- Chris