PDA

View Full Version : Strats to the DL

legaleagle92481
07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
That was quick already shoulder issues. They are calling it "inflamation" but who knows if its more severe. The guy who paid 20k for the baseball must not feel well today.

Dach0sen0ne
07-29-2010, 04:06 PM
That was quick already shoulder issues. They are calling it "inflamation" but who knows if its more severe. The guy who paid 20k for the baseball must not feel well today.

I doubt it's anything. I think Riggleman wakes up in the middle of the night have night terrors about Kerry Wood's arm. At this point, Strasburg might get benched for even a hangnail.

legaleagle92481
07-30-2010, 01:21 AM
I doubt it's anything. I think Riggleman wakes up in the middle of the night have night terrors about Kerry Wood's arm. At this point, Strasburg might get benched for even a hangnail.

Yeah but being too cautious is how you ruin a good thing. Remember Joba Chamberlain when he first came up, he was next big thing, then it was Joba Rules, lets rest him, etc. and their cautious approach essentially ruined him. Three seasons later he has gone from future ace to being unable to even hold the setup relief job.

Dach0sen0ne
07-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah but being too cautious is how you ruin a good thing. Remember Joba Chamberlain when he first came up, he was next big thing, then it was Joba Rules, lets rest him, etc. and their cautious approach essentially ruined him. Three seasons later he has gone from future ace to being unable to even hold the setup relief job.

I agree with you 100%, last time they took him out early he seemed pretty annoyed. It's not like this guy just started pitching last week, let him pitch. Pitch counts have been a little out of control this year.

cjclong
07-30-2010, 01:21 PM
I think being careful his first year is the way to go. If there is inflammation, and let's hope that is all it is, its better to have him miss a start or two than take a chance. It doesn't appear the Nationals are treating him the way the Yankees did Jaba. Jaba was brought up in a relief role and only allowed to pitch an inning or two at a time and not on back to back days. "Strats" is being used as a starting pitcher and is going pretty deep into games. Its sad to see a athletic career ruined by injury and I hope he will be ok.

dirtyla2000
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM
My Nationals voodoo curse working like a charm ! EXPOS FOREVER !!!!!!!

legaleagle92481
08-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Update I have read in two places that he is being shut down for the year.

Dach0sen0ne
08-01-2010, 10:18 PM
He threw today in the outfield and felt fine. He will pitch off the mound soon, then a simulated game on Thursday. If he's OK, he'll be back.

nationals2k9
08-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Strasburg = Strats? Is that really what people are calling him?

allstarsplus
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Strasburg = Strats? Is that really what people are calling him?

"Stras" "Special K" "Jeeezus" are the most common nicknames along with plain old Stephen Strasburg.

He should be back pitching somewhere around August 10 to 12.:D

Nats also signed one of Cuba's best pitchers this week Yunesky Maya who is projected as a top of the rotation starter.

legaleagle92481
08-03-2010, 01:07 AM
"Stras" "Special K" "Jeeezus" are the most common nicknames along with plain old Stephen Strasburg.

He should be back pitching somewhere around August 10 to 12.:D

Nats also signed one of Cuba's best pitchers this week Yunesky Maya who is projected as a top of the rotation starter.

And they kept Dunn which was nice to see rather than have him end up a Yankee or Ranger or something. For balance purposes I hope they resign him. They are defintely building something it will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next few years. I am depressed by it because they were only division team year in and year out that my Mets were guarenteed to finish ahead of.

Dach0sen0ne
08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Looks like he will be pitching Tuesday, but I bet they keep a close eye on him. :eek: