PDA

View Full Version : Bmh - Old Bat Question?

suave1477
07-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I was just curious and maybe it was discussed here before or maybe not as i didn't see anything in this topic.

As we all know Luisville slugger was a major bat manufacturer for MLB in the 40's and 50's and I am sure maybe another company or 2 were involved.

But something I never see come up in topic or in auction was bats or even uniforms from the All american Girls Baseball League.

I am sure most of you saw the movie "a league of there own"

So here is my question and if anyone else knows please chime in.

Did Louisville slugger also make bats for them? Or did they have another company make bats for them?
If Louisville did, were they using Ruth and Cobb models for example or did they get there own models?
Did they have there own signature models?
or did they use retail bats?

Next question, who provided bats for the movie? Did they use real bats or was it retail bats?
If they were real bats were they a specific signature model?

Since this league went on for 9 years I am sure there has to be bats floating around out there somewhere I just have never seen any.

tigerdale
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm bumping this back up because I think its a great question too. The tigers are honoring the AAGBL on Thursday afternoon...I hope I can get to the game early & talk w/ some of them.

BMH
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I was just curious and maybe it was discussed here before or maybe not as i didn't see anything in this topic.

As we all know Luisville slugger was a major bat manufacturer for MLB in the 40's and 50's and I am sure maybe another company or 2 were involved.

But something I never see come up in topic or in auction was bats or even uniforms from the All american Girls Baseball League.

I am sure most of you saw the movie "a league of there own"

So here is my question and if anyone else knows please chime in.

Did Louisville slugger also make bats for them? Or did they have another company make bats for them?
If Louisville did, were they using Ruth and Cobb models for example or did they get there own models?
Did they have there own signature models?
or did they use retail bats?

Next question, who provided bats for the movie? Did they use real bats or was it retail bats?
If they were real bats were they a specific signature model?

Since this league went on for 9 years I am sure there has to be bats floating around out there somewhere I just have never seen any.

I don't think we made specific models for individual players. I'm sure they either bought store models or a "Pro Stock" style bat.

We did provide bats for the movie, I believe they were K55's.

suave1477
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
BMH cool info thanks