PDA

View Full Version : Chris Simms AFL Legacy jersey

intheminors
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I was surprised to see this pop up, especially because the nameplate has been removed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TENNESSE-TITANS-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-/320569750317?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa372332d

Legit?

Dewey2007
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Good chance it's legit. Another forum member posted on here yesterday that he purchased a couple of jerseys (including an AFL Legacy style) directly from the Titans at their training camp. This seller is in TN so he probably did the same.

I was surprised to see this pop up, especially because the nameplate has been removed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TENNESSE-TITANS-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-/320569750317?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa372332d

Legit?

Preston
08-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Two things that I noticed immediately:

For starters, Chris Simms was with the Broncos in 2009, making this not his jersey for sure. #11 was worn by wide receiver Paul Williams (practice squad) and he did not dress for this game. Additionally, this is likely a game "issue" jersey. Not exactly sure why the name plate was removed but I did see a couple yesterday at camp that did have the nameplates removed.

I hope this helps. Now I'm going to keep an eye out for this guy :)

Aloving77
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Preston did the Titans have any bulluck jerseys at training camp?

Preston
08-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Preston did the Titans have any bulluck jerseys at training camp?

Believe me I'd have snagged it...haha. Bulluck, being one of the more popular players (and a real class act) - his jerseys always ended up in charity auctions or nfl.com auctions.

They did put some more legacy game jerseys out but players that were clearly not active in the game...most were taxi squad (i.e. Philip Morris, Matt Mulligan, etc.) or not with the team (Ryan Fowler).

I did, however, buy a Mike Williams 2008 preseason gamer with the Titans 10-year-anniversary logo patch on the front. Big Mike wore #18 before being released.

Aloving77
08-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Good deal. I have a couple of Bulluck jerseys from different places, but I'm always looking for more. Especially one with a patch from either of the past two seasons. If you see anything else at training camp that you think I might like, shoot me an e-mail or text ALoving77@aol.com . Think they'll offer any of the blue AFL jerseys? Thanks.

legaleagle92481
08-02-2010, 09:14 AM
The white legacy jersey of Bullock was sold with the rest on NFL Auctions, JO then had it at one point, idk if they still do.

Preston
08-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah you definitely won't find any stars' jerseys for sale at camp...I was lucky and found Finnegan's rookie jersey but that was dumb luck. The other ones I've got are Billy Volek, Chris Brown, Daniel Loper, Erron Kinney and of course the new ones I picked up (Rod Hood, Kevin Kaesviharn and Mike Williams)

I am hoping a blue legacy jersey will hit the racks because I'd love to have one for my collection.

And Dewey I'm keeping an eye out for the two that you're looking for, too. If I find a practice jersey of either would you be interested in them?

Mulligans
08-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I picked up 4 or 5 of the Titan's Jerseys last fall from NFL Auctions. If anyone is looking, just shoot me an e-mail and I'll let you know what I have.

Jeff

Preston
08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Picked up another one today...

Fernando Velasco (apparently) game issue legacy game jersey

perlman9
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey Preston
Have you seen a Kevin Vickerson or Javon Ringer? I collect Michigan State guys and would LOVE to add those to the collection. If they go back a bit, there was Robaire Smith, Aric Morris and Thomas Wright as well. Not to mention Derek Mason, but figure he may not be in the more common guys

Preston
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Preston
Have you seen a Kevin Vickerson or Javon Ringer? I collect Michigan State guys and would LOVE to add those to the collection. If they go back a bit, there was Robaire Smith, Aric Morris and Thomas Wright as well. Not to mention Derek Mason, but figure he may not be in the more common guys

I would have loved to find a Derrick Mason for my collection, but no such luck. I have seen a Vickerson practice jersey and perhaps a Thomas Wright gamer or practice jersey (I think it's the latter, in fact I'm almost sure), but they're not nearly (obviously) the quality the gamers are. The Vickerson is light blue and the Wright I believe is white w/ blue numbers. (Wright did wear #37 for the Titans right?)

And I liked Aric Morris too...he was a good, good hitter. And Robeast as we called him is a very cool guy.

perlman9
08-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the update! yea, I am like you and like the gamers versus the practice so will keep my eye on ebay since a lot seem to be ending up there. I was hoping their pro shop was handling the sales, but no such luck. Thanks for the update!!! I have an Aric Morris but shows little to no use but has the pro shop tags, so guess a preseason jersey. Thanks again for checking things out!!

TOYOTATruck07
08-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Preston,
I'm certain I've been looking at your bay auctions for the past few days. Shoot me an email at toyotatruck07@gmail.com if you have the time. Thanks

Preston
08-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I did find a Kevin Vickerson practice jersey (light blue) if you are interested, with some wear. I believe a Thomas Wright practice jersey is there as well.

perlman9
08-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks! I never really got into practice jerseys. What are they running cost wise? can shoot me an email at jperlman@ohaflcio.org if you want. Thanks!

G1X
08-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Jason,

I have a Vickerson AFL Legacy jersey available for sale. It is a white jersey, shows use, and has NFL paperwork. Attached are photos. Please let me know if you are interested.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net