PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline thoughts

legaleagle92481
08-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Anyone have any?

I hate what the Twins did trading a guy like Ramos for a rental reliver will come back to bite them someday. Ok Mauer blocks him but in a few years Mauer may have to switch positions to avoid injury or they could have gotten more for Ramos.

I also hate what the Cards did. They weakened their lineup for a middling pitcher who will not even be in the post season rotation.

I hate what the Yankees did. Wood is shot, Berkman just clogs up the DH spot and cuts down on their ability to use it to rest their aging stars. Kearns is a decent bench player but at the end of the day he still is a journeyman who has played exclusively on bad teams.

I love what the Rangers did. Lee is obvious but Cantu can hit, he had a good year last year.

I do not like what the Phillies did. Oswalt has lost many steps and trading lee last winter will still come back to cost them a title this year.

I hate what the Dbacks and Stros did. They dealt all those players for very little.

I love what the Padres did. They needed offense Ludwick will deliver.

apfriz
08-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Twins - completely agree, assuming he pans out to all that was spoken about him...

cards - not sure i completely agree, Westbrook isnt bad, and can you really have enough pitching?? Ludwick has been injured, and they seem
to have done well enough without him.

Yankees??? - what did they give up? Landing Berkman, clog the DH or not, what a problem to have, and NONE of their rivals got him, wood is not great, but Joba may be worse right now, and Wood has some stones, and playing for a contender may just bring out some of the old shine in him.
Kearns....i think you are right on him...but most teams want that bat off the bench if nec...not sure the yanks needed him though.

Phillies -ahhh, my phillies....mixed on this....everyone incl players wanted Lee, would be a big diff maker if he were still here, but we needed pitching bad, for whatever reason, they did not have confidence in haap, but let me tell you Haap is the real deal, i watched him pitch, and was hoping the phils gave him the nod over Pedro in the WSeries last year, but they wouldnt give the kid a chance....watch him eagle, hes gonna be good...we got oswalt through 2012 plus 11million....not too bad i suppose

Dbacks/stros - they cleared salary and got talent in return, Haap is gonna be good for the stros...dont know much about package yanks sent...
what else can these teams do really?

Padres- dont see them enough to form an opinion...tejada and ludwick will give them some pop i suppose, but they might not need it with that pitching regardless !

LastingsMilledge85
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Pirates got great prospects from the Dodgers...yet they will still have years of losing.

legaleagle92481
08-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Twins - completely agree, assuming he pans out to all that was spoken about him...

cards - not sure i completely agree, Westbrook isnt bad, and can you really have enough pitching?? Ludwick has been injured, and they seem
to have done well enough without him.

Yankees??? - what did they give up? Landing Berkman, clog the DH or not, what a problem to have, and NONE of their rivals got him, wood is not great, but Joba may be worse right now, and Wood has some stones, and playing for a contender may just bring out some of the old shine in him.
Kearns....i think you are right on him...but most teams want that bat off the bench if nec...not sure the yanks needed him though.

Phillies -ahhh, my phillies....mixed on this....everyone incl players wanted Lee, would be a big diff maker if he were still here, but we needed pitching bad, for whatever reason, they did not have confidence in haap, but let me tell you Haap is the real deal, i watched him pitch, and was hoping the phils gave him the nod over Pedro in the WSeries last year, but they wouldnt give the kid a chance....watch him eagle, hes gonna be good...we got oswalt through 2012 plus 11million....not too bad i suppose

Dbacks/stros - they cleared salary and got talent in return, Haap is gonna be good for the stros...dont know much about package yanks sent...
what else can these teams do really?

Padres- dont see them enough to form an opinion...tejada and ludwick will give them some pop i suppose, but they might not need it with that pitching regardless !

I saw Haap pitch last year at Citifield. He pitched well and got the win. His negative is his age. He will be 28 in a couple of months so he is getting up there but I agree he is so far so good and should excel playing in Zona. I agree he should have pitched over Pedro in the Series.