PDA

View Full Version : Magglio Ordonez LVS bat - eBay

kylehess10
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
The seller has already been notified.

The ball marks on the barrel come from minor league baseballs. It's pretty obvious.

Could it be a hand-me-down bat from the minors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110568409400&_trksid=p2759.l1259

lakeerie92
08-02-2010, 11:00 PM
This bat can actually be legit. Last year the Tigers used Minor League balls in BP most of the season. Most of the balls were International League balls with some other leagues and some MLB balls mixed in.

kylehess10
08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
This bat can actually be legit. Last year the Tigers used Minor League balls in BP most of the season. Most of the balls were International League balls with some other leagues and some MLB balls mixed in.

That would make better sense then. It does look to be one of those international league balls.

lakeerie92
08-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I am in amazed at how crisp some of those ink transfers are though.

tigerdale
08-03-2010, 05:57 AM
to add another twist to this....I have 2 mlb authenticated game balls from last season at comerica park....both are minor league balls.

kylehess10
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
It's weird how the MiLB logo was hit perfectly to imprint onto the bat 3 times in the same area. I've never seen that before

tigerdale - were they actually used in the game? or just game ready balls?

tigerdale
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
The hologram numbers on the baseballs are LH299471 & LH299474....I
Hologram number LH299474 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: CWS AT DET
Session Date: April 15, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: CHICAGO @ DETROIT

lakeerie92
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
The only reason I can see why the ink transferred so well is the different hide used on MiLB balls vs. the MLB ones. The Minor League balls are softer and probably allow for the ink to transfer more. That is probably why the logos look darker too because more ink absorbs into the hide. Not to get too scientific.
Tigerdale- those are cool collectibles to have, I wonder if they made it into a game. It is hard to believe they wouldn't have gotten noticed because the stitches are bigger on top of the hide being different.

tigerdale
08-03-2010, 10:32 AM
either way something bad happened...they same game used baseballs for the authentication...so its stating they were used. Now if the authenticater just pulled some baseballs out of the bucket to authenticate...that goes against everything the MLB program stands for...it destroys all of the programs credibility...at least the one in Detroit where this happened...So I'm hoping they were actually used........

lakeerie92
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Upon looking at them a little further the stitching doesn't look too much thicker than most MiLB balls I have seen. These balls slipping into game play wouldn't be the weirdest thing I have ever seen happen. As for the MLB authentication program, I love it, but I have a 2008 Yankees Final Season game used ball that is authenticated as such, but it is also authenticated as being signed by Derek Jeter. I am actually still waiting on the signature.

tigerdale
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Upon looking at them a little further the stitching doesn't look too much thicker than most MiLB balls I have seen. These balls slipping into game play wouldn't be the weirdest thing I have ever seen happen. As for the MLB authentication program, I love it, but I have a 2008 Yankees Final Season game used ball that is authenticated as such, but it is also authenticated as being signed by Derek Jeter. I am actually still waiting on the signature.
too funny...I'm sure he'll show up to sign it someday....I like the MLB program too..its great..goofs do happen still though...