PDA

View Full Version : Buster Posey bat - Nice Find

schubert1970
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I bought a Buster Posey bat on ebay last night and before making my bid, I did a bit of research and here is what I found.

The seller told me the bat was aquired during the series with the Brewers in early July (5th - 8th). I started to try and photomatch the bat with game film from mlb.com. No luck from the game on the 5th or 6th, but I struck gold with the final two games of the series where Buster hit his first grand slam and two other home runs. I believe these would be his 4th, 5th (1st grand slam) and 6th homers of his career.

These first two pics are from the seller. Notice the black X mark at the top of the barrel, also the two ball marks above the lettering and toward the Powerized.

The next set of pics I took from the games off MLB.com and you'll notice the same markings. The first pic is from 7/8. The other pics are from 7/7. There is one ball mark missing from the 7/7 pics, but the black X and other ball mark is still there. I assume the other ball mark came from the game on 7/8. If it wasn't for the black X this would a been a lot tougher to match.

The last pic is from AP and you can see the black X mark at the top of the bat plus the pine tar.

I was so excited about this and couldn't wait to share with the group.

Dach0sen0ne
08-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Ouch, that went for a small fortune. Very nice pickup, CONGRATS! That guy had some stellar bats and I hope he puts up more. :D

lehmsbobby
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
and this is why I need to get MLB.tv

As a Giants fan I am dying a little inside right now...

joelsabi
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
i thought you're done shopping for photomatches. :rolleyes:

j/k. nice bat and explains why this bat went for so much. maybe the second highest bidder had the same info.

rjdgonebats
08-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Great pickup & goodluck with it. I was after that bat also but didnt know it had a photo match. Just out of curiosity did you use that sniping software to get your bid in .?? I have never tried it but have always been curious about it LMk when you have time. Thank you

schubert1970
08-03-2010, 12:27 PM
i thought you're done shopping for photomatches. :rolleyes:

j/k. nice bat and explains why this bat went for so much. maybe the second highest bidder had the same info.

I know...I guess it's a disease. Now I'll have to explian this to my wife.
;)

schubert1970
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Great pickup & goodluck with it. I was after that bat also but didnt know it had a photo match. Just out of curiosity did you use that sniping software to get your bid in .?? I have never tried it but have always been curious about it LMk when you have time. Thank you

I used my Iphone, but I've never heard of sniping software. I bid with about 40 seconds left (my bid was really high).

Bill

Dach0sen0ne
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Now I'll have to explian this to my wife.
;)

You don't have a side door and the secret Ebay credit card? LOL ;)

geoff
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Nice Bat but it did go for more then what I thought it would.

joelsabi
08-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I bought a Buster Posey bat on ebay last night and before making my bid, I did a bit of research and here is what I found.

The seller told me the bat was aquired during the series with the Brewers in early July (5th - 8th). I started to try and photomatch the bat with game film from mlb.com. No luck from the game on the 5th or 6th, but I struck gold with the final two games of the series where Buster hit his first grand slam and two other home runs. I believe these would be his 4th, 5th (1st grand slam) and 6th homers of his career.

These first two pics are from the seller. Notice the black X mark at the top of the barrel, also the two ball marks above the lettering and toward the Powerized.

The next set of pics I took from the games off MLB.com and you'll notice the same markings. The first pic is from 7/8. The other pics are from 7/7. There is one ball mark missing from the 7/7 pics, but the black X and other ball mark is still there. I assume the other ball mark came from the game on 7/8. If it wasn't for the black X this would a been a lot tougher to match.

The last pic is from AP and you can see the black X mark at the top of the bat plus the pine tar.

I was so excited about this and couldn't wait to share with the group.

Pretty cool. I just noticed that Posey's 21 game hitting streak started on July 4 so this bat was used during the streak.

schubert1970
08-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Pretty cool. I just noticed that Posey's 21 game hitting streak started on July 4 so this bat was used during the streak.

Great point! I forgot all about the hit streak. I know some thought I paid too much, but if he has a great career, it will have been worth it.

schubert1970
10-23-2010, 11:27 PM
World Series Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wllump52
10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
another bump --- great bat

solarlottry
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Great bat plus the GIANTS are going to the world series!!!!!

I pay too much for stuff all the time so dont sweat it. it sounds as if you are quite pleased with your recent addition so that is the most important thing. There have been quite a few 49er shirts where i have paid too much and after the initial "bummed out i paid too much" moment i look at the shirt and everything is fine. I think it is important to remember that most of these items are one of a kind whereas you can always make more $$$$.

AWA85
10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Awesome bat and nice little research find you came up with. Always adds a little bit to your pick up when you can piece the whole puzzle together.

lehmsbobby
12-20-2010, 06:33 PM
guess that 'small fortune' you paid is a huge fortune now!

sooo very jealous of this bat and your posey collection, I wish you the best in the collection of this great player

schubert1970
12-21-2010, 01:14 AM
guess that 'small fortune' you paid is a huge fortune now!

sooo very jealous of this bat and your posey collection, I wish you the best in the collection of this great player

Txs! This was a really special year for the Gints, don't know how we can ever top it.

sellingmygamers
12-26-2010, 12:16 AM
How are you able to download pics from mlb tv? All i seem to be able to do is print them????????????

Cheers