PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Rivera Game Issued on Ebay

cliffjmp33
08-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Hesitant to bid as the seller 100% acknowledges they don't have the COA. It does have the Steiner hologram, but that doesn't sit well with me.

Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-NY-Yankees-Mariano-Rivera-Team-Game-Issued-Jersey-/270617294124?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f020c352c#ht_3747wt_1139

jetersbatboy
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
The seller sells 2010 jerseys with memorial patches and Steiner holograms, that Steiner says they never received from the Yankees yet. You do the math!;)

BULBUS
08-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Many seem to believe that the seller is buying blanks and customizing them into star players like Jeter, Rivera, Matsui, ect.

legaleagle92481
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
The blanks seem to be only way he could pull this off. The thing though is this is small time. GI stuff has very limited value it would be much worse if it was being advertised as Game Used. People could be ripped off for $1,000s of dollars like a member here was a few months ago on a Jeter.

cliffjmp33
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys. Glad to hear the thoughts as I was having major doubts and they are put to rest. Sad to think how many people do these things.

suave1477
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
The blanks seem to be only way he could pull this off. The thing though is this is small time. GI stuff has very limited value it would be much worse if it was being advertised as Game Used. People could be ripped off for $1,000s of dollars like a member here was a few months ago on a Jeter.

Well small time maybe but really it's not. It's just a matter of "time" is the word. Before it goes from Game Issued to an auction house as "Game Used"

All it has to do is switch hands a few times, apaper work is lost of where it came from and wallaaaa. It was sold by Steiner at some point and is not Game Used.

That's what I fear.

suave1477
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Well small time maybe but really it's not. It's just a matter of "time" is the word. Before it goes from Game Issued to an auction house as "Game Used"

All it has to do is switch hands a few times, apaper work is lost of where it came from and wallaaaa. It was sold by Steiner at some point and is not Game Used.

That's what I fear.

That was meant to be "now"

shafrancollectibles.com
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM

I think they are two completely different situations. If I remember correctly, the Jeter jersey had a legitimate Steiner COA and was certed by them as Game Used and sold as such - if the buyer proved otherwise, that's another story but the jersey was sold as originally advertised. What is going on with this ebay seller, who is taking jerseys that are not sourced from Steiner, potentially customizing them and adding a hologram to make them "Game Issued" jerseys is a complete sham and it's not "small time" when you see how many times it's been done and how much money has been taken from unsuspected buyers.

legaleagle92481
08-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I think they are two completely different situations. If I remember correctly, the Jeter jersey had a legitimate Steiner COA and was certed by them as Game Used and sold as such - if the buyer proved otherwise, that's another story but the jersey was sold as originally advertised. What is going on with this ebay seller, who is taking jerseys that are not sourced from Steiner, potentially customizing them and adding a hologram to make them "Game Issued" jerseys is a complete sham and it's not "small time" when you see how many times it's been done and how much money has been taken from unsuspected buyers.

Don't get me wrong I think it is completely horrible and that this guy should be locked up for this and defintely banned from Ebay for life. I see Suave's point as well that this stuff can go from blanks to GI to GU as well.