Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahuff
    • Nov 2005

Sosa Orioles Jersey on Ebay - Need Expert Advise

First, I want to clearly state that I am NOT saying this jersey is bogus. I am simply wanting insight from Orioles experts.

I was intrigued by the following listing:

I noticed in every picture of Sosa that I have seen, he has customized sleeves. Did he wear those sleeves all season, is it possible this is simply an team issued jersey?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sosa.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	713179

Thanks
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/
  • ahuff
    • Nov 2005

Re: Sosa Orioles Jersey on Ebay - Need Expert Advise

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have contacted the seller, and am waiting to hear back about any COA's from team or his knowledge on the sleeves.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• 1983Orioles
      • Jun 2006

Yeah I saw that jersey on Ebay as well, but I was turned off right away. And that was for the same reason about the sleeves. Sammy Sosa did wear custom elastic sleeves on all of his jerseys as far as I know, but I'm no expert, so he might have worn one, or more at one time without custon elastic sleeves??? But yes I do agree with you that it does bring up questions. Hopefully the seller will email you back with some positive answers.

Comment

• hblakewolf
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

A key question relates to the 4 digit code on the washing tag. It should be 0065. Any idea if this is the case? Likewise, a size 50 is a retail size. 52 is not.

I can't find a single photo or remember him wearing a non-elastic sleeve. Can anyone find a photo? Is there a chance he first wore non-elastic and then ordered his customary style? Just a thought.

I had a few O's pre-games including a Sosa, and mine had elastic.

Howard Wolf
        hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• bigtime59
          • Nov 2005

It's not a Sosa, it's a 2003 Mike Hargrove jersey. I don't know if I had this one at any point, but I've sold two of them on eBay--for substantially less than this piece went for--they were both size 50, BTW.
          If people would do their homework...

Mark Sutton
          bigtime39@aol.com
          Mark
          msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

Working...