PDA

View Full Version : Sosa Orioles Jersey on Ebay - Need Expert Advise

ahuff
07-22-2006, 09:38 AM
First, I want to clearly state that I am NOT saying this jersey is bogus. I am simply wanting insight from Orioles experts.

I was intrigued by the following listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150009925703&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

I noticed in every picture of Sosa that I have seen, he has customized sleeves. Did he wear those sleeves all season, is it possible this is simply an team issued jersey?

Thanks

ahuff
07-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have contacted the seller, and am waiting to hear back about any COA's from team or his knowledge on the sleeves.

1983Orioles
07-23-2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah I saw that jersey on Ebay as well, but I was turned off right away. And that was for the same reason about the sleeves. Sammy Sosa did wear custom elastic sleeves on all of his jerseys as far as I know, but I'm no expert, so he might have worn one, or more at one time without custon elastic sleeves??? But yes I do agree with you that it does bring up questions. Hopefully the seller will email you back with some positive answers.

hblakewolf
07-23-2006, 07:44 AM
A key question relates to the 4 digit code on the washing tag. It should be 0065. Any idea if this is the case? Likewise, a size 50 is a retail size. 52 is not.

I can't find a single photo or remember him wearing a non-elastic sleeve. Can anyone find a photo? Is there a chance he first wore non-elastic and then ordered his customary style? Just a thought.

I had a few O's pre-games including a Sosa, and mine had elastic.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

bigtime59
07-24-2006, 06:48 AM
It's not a Sosa, it's a 2003 Mike Hargrove jersey. I don't know if I had this one at any point, but I've sold two of them on eBay--for substantially less than this piece went for--they were both size 50, BTW.
If people would do their homework...

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com