PDA

View Full Version : Washington and New York visits

Jayworld
08-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I have a cousin going to games at the Nationals Park, and also at Citi Field and Yankee stadium the last week of the season in September. (He usually does a baseball trip with a friend every other year).

I know that the Yankees are with Steiner; do the Mets and Nationals have anything game-used available in their stadium stores, or anything of interest?

Many thanks.

allstarsplus
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I have a cousin going to games at the Nationals Park, and also at Citi Field and Yankee stadium the last week of the season in September. (He usually does a baseball trip with a friend every other year).

I know that the Yankees are with Steiner; do the Mets and Nationals have anything game-used available in their stadium stores, or anything of interest?

Many thanks.

The Nationals have a Team Store at the centerfield gates that has a couple game used bats, lineup cards and game used balls. From time to time, they have game used jerseys like the Jackie Robinson Day jerseys which were selling from $299 and up and are all sold out now.

There is also a kiosk inside the stadium in right-centerfield run by the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation and they auction every Saturday night game a couple of premium game used items and premium autographed items. Last Saturday an un-used autographed Stephen Strasburg baseball sold for $1,100 and the winning bidder was named as "SUE BORAS". No joke!

legaleagle92481
08-04-2010, 11:22 AM

Many thanks.

Here is the 411. I went to Nats Park in July, the Store Andrew mentions sells little of value if you want bats, jerseys they had only an Anderson Hernadez jersey for a crazy price. No Zimmerman, Pudge, Stratsburg or Dunn stuff. The Yanks have a store where they sell stuff but it is very pricey. They had a Mariano glove for 20 grand earlier this year. The Mets sell gu stuff in a hallway across from the concession stand on the field level and also i believe in the main gift shop. Again prices are high.

TNTtoys
08-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Many thanks.

The Mets have many game used items for sale at the stadium. They have a stand set up between home and first on the interior of the stadium. They have racks of jerseys, a basket of helmets, and many other items...caps, pants, belts, catchers' equipment, etc.