X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Arod hits number 600

Congrats on this amazing achievement!! The question though is due homer totals matter anymore? I think they still do because despite all the cheating here is the 600 homer club:

Bonds, Aaron, Ruth, Mays, Griffey, Sosa, Arod. Six guys that is it. Thome will probably make it. Manny looks doubtful to get there as he probably will retire after this year for lack of a team wishing to employ him. Sheffield is essentially retired and even if he returned no way he hits 80 plus more homers. Delgado I believe is next and he is also essentially retired unlikely to even reach 500. Chipper won't reach 500. Andruw Jones and Vlad are still a ways from 500 both unlikely to sniff even 550. The next guy probably will be Cabera, Pujols, Howard, Dunn or Prince Fielder many years from now.
  • cjclong
    • Feb 2006

Re: Arod hits number 600

Hitting 600 is a great accomplishment. To be one of only 7 players in the history of the game to do it speaks for itself. It will be interesting to see how far beyond 600 he is able to go.

Comment

• ahuff
      • Nov 2005

WOO HOO.

I personally could care less about 600 or what A-Roid does. It would have meant something had we not had to question how much of it he did clean.
      "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• joelsabi
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by cjclong
        Hitting 600 is a great accomplishment. To be one of only 7 players in the history of the game to do it speaks for itself. It will be interesting to see how far beyond 600 he is able to go.
        I agree. By the end of the year he will pass Sosa and next year he will pass Griffey's career total. When I started watching ARod, I would never have imagined ARod passing Griffey in home runs. Just shows how unpredictable final hr totals can be. It will be interesting to see how the fans will react if and when he passes each great homerun hitter.
        Regards,
        Joel S.
        joelsabi @ gmail.com
        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• mbrieve
          • Jul 2008

Cheater.

Comment

• kellsox
            • Jan 2006

I believe that the average baseball fan has only passing interest in Arod's milestone home runs. He was looked upon by the public as being the "clean guy" as Bonds set HR marks and then it turned out that admitted to juicing for several seasons(and who knows how many others) People got tired of it all. Now if it never came out that he was a user- or if he were actually clean, there would be a lot more hoopla and celebration.
            k

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

Also...it was 3 years ago today that he clubbed #500!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                • Aug 2007

how about putting all these guys in the book with a big * next to their name. Not sure how many homers he hit with the rangers, but those should be stripped from his career stats.
                Baseball do what it do
                -Ron Washington

Comment

• cjclong
                  • Feb 2006

MLB quotes Hank Aaron as saying that whether you put an * by the record or not what ARod has done is a great achievement. If Aaron feels that way the rest of you guys ought to accept it as that.

Comment

• cjclong
                    • Feb 2006

And Tony, I don't know if you will see this, but if you do I hope you saw 600 live and if not I know you'll see and enjoy the replay.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                      how about putting all these guys in the book with a big * next to their name. Not sure how many homers he hit with the rangers, but those should be stripped from his career stats.
                      I disagree. If you do that. Do you give Ruth an * because he faced the same pitchers time and again and again, did not have to play against black, Asian or Spainish players or travel cross country or not count his homers. Aaron and Mays admitted to using greenies, aka Amphetamines, aka a PED, do we * them or take away some of their homers. How do we know for sure Griffey and Thome were clean everyday of their careers? Something can be said about every player so when you start with * and striping homers where do you start and stop? Most of the homers ARod and co. hit came off pitchers just as juiced as they were.

Comment

• trsent
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                        I disagree. If you do that. Do you give Ruth an * because he faced the same pitchers time and again and again, did not have to play against black, Asian or Spainish players or travel cross country or not count his homers. Aaron and Mays admitted to using greenies, aka Amphetamines, aka a PED, do we * them or take away some of their homers. How do we know for sure Griffey and Thome were clean everyday of their careers? Something can be said about every player so when you start with * and striping homers where do you start and stop? Most of the homers ARod and co. hit came off pitchers just as juiced as they were.
                        Amen, Brother.

Enough of the games of who got caught and who didn't. Which players had 10 total career home runs and didn't get caught, or if they are caught, should we edit the record books for them also?

It was a bad era for baseball, but whatever drugs these guys took was part of the game and part of the era and the sport has to move forward. Those who view issues with people who were "caught" forget about the sport that turned their head to the issues and allowed the abuse to continue.

Why people obsess over this topic is beyond me. When Mac and Jose came into the league, we all joked about them juicing. It wasn't a major issue, it was not considered illegal, baseball knew it was going on and didn't investigate because they hoped it would become legal.

Let's enjoy the day and not have so much hate in this country.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                          • Aug 2007

theres no hate, just cotempt for a guy that is a cheater. I own stuff of guys who used, and it doesnt affect my habits. It was fun to watch them while they played, but you cant overlook the fact that they cheated.
                          Baseball do what it do
                          -Ron Washington

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                            • Aug 2007

also to add to it, his steroid use wont keep me from some day buying a rangers g/u bat. But, you cant talk about his accomplishments without talking about his steroid use. Its the same with all the other guys who have been caught.
                            Baseball do what it do
                            -Ron Washington

Comment

• ahuff
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                              theres no hate, just cotempt for a guy that is a cheater. I own stuff of guys who used, and it doesnt affect my habits. It was fun to watch them while they played, but you cant overlook the fact that they cheated.
                              Amen!!! I was just logging in to say about the same thing. Nobody said "hate". Where in the world did you take that leap? Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we "hate" anyone. I just could care less, honestly, and that is far from hate.
                              "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

Working...