Talk about a photo match for James Loney bat...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianborsch
    • Dec 2005

Talk about a photo match for James Loney bat...

Check this bat out. It HAS to be the bat in the picture as you can see the ball amrk on the EXACT spot from this at-bat (and a few ball marks from other at-bats not photographed). Check the rack mark coming down into the BWP logo area. It is exactly the same as the rack mark on the GU bat pics. Pretty cool huh?

Click image for larger version

Name:	57323058.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	713180

Name:	Loney bat 1.JPG
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	713181

Name:	Loney bat 2.JPG
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	713182

Name:	Loney bat 3.JPG
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	713183
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Talk about a photo match for James Loney bat...

Brian in my personal opimion that is really not a photo match.

How can you say that is a photo match when you cant barelky if any see markings on the bat distingushing that this is the exact bat, when the picture is not a 100% at the end of the bat. The picture stops short on the barrell and you cant see any markings?

I dont think thats really a photo match.

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

I'd have to agree with Suave - not a true photo match at all....

Comment

• brianborsch
        • Dec 2005

Look closely at the bat in the pictures. There is a rack mark (hard to see because the bat is in motion but if you look at the bat photos and then at the bat in the action photo you can see that exact same rack mark. It has the EXACt same curvature. And then if you see where the ball is hit with the bat in the pic, there is a ball mark in that exact same spot on the bat in the pic. I have the bat, so I can see the whole bat.

Loney used this bat just before he got sent back down to the minors. But now he is tearing it up! He may have to move to OF though.

I Garauntee this is the EXACT same bat. What do others think? Should I post other picture of the entire bat? Can y'all see the rack mark I am talking about?

Comment

• brianborsch
          • Dec 2005

Clearly the hit in the action pic would have left a mark on the bat. If you look at the bat pics there is 2 ball marks in that area, and if you use deduction looking at the action pic and the still bat pics you will see that it is accurate. No question the bat in the action pic is a BWP two-tone bat.

I don't know, seems pretty clear to me.

Comment

• brianborsch
            • Dec 2005

Here, I have marked what I am talkin' about:

Name:	Loney 2.JPG
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	635507

Name:	Loney bat 1-2.JPG
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	635508

Comment

• CollectGU
              • Nov 2005

Still not a photo match..Just my opinion...What do others think...

Comment

• R. C. Walker
                • Nov 2005

No match at all.
                R. C. Walker
                sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Comment

• brianborsch
                  • Dec 2005

Can you see the rack mark? The chance of the same brand of bat in the same color getting the same type of rack mark with a ball mark right where the ball is hitting in the action pic is next to impossible. Right? Anyways, with that pic it proves that this bat was DEFINITELY used by Loney in his first callup to the bigs.

Comment

• sportscentury
                    • Nov 2005

Brian,

I think what folks are saying is that they just don't see it. I see what you're talking about, but the photo evidence is nowhere near enough for me to be confident that this is a true match. Could the bat be the one in the photo? Most certainly (perhaps even probably), but I think the title that you assigned to this thread set readers up to expect something very different than what was presented. It's a great bat and you may have a photo of it in use, but it is darn hard to tell. You used the word "guarantee" in your earlier post. Sometimes a collector gets so excited about an item that he can see and guarantee things that others cannot.

Again, great bat and nice photo ... but it is hard to tell if it is the same bat. As LTC Dave Grob has said many times, it is very, very hard to definitively photo-match an item (not a direct quote, but a sentiment that I very much agree with). I appreciate your enthusiasm and diligence.

Reid
                    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• JETEFAN
                      • Dec 2005

The Ball Hit Much Closer To The Center Brand Than Circled, Just My Opinion!

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

I have to agree with JETEFAN the photos from Getty and your photos of the bat show that it is not an exact match.

Even though it is similar its not an exact match.

1) If you look at the rack mark in the Getty photo the mark lightens up wat before the brand stamp.
                        In your photo the rack mark is a lot dark and closer to the brand stamp.

2) If you look where the ball is hit in the Getty photo it shows the ball being hit a closer to the Bran Stamp.
                        Your photo shows a ball mark further away.

That is my opinion from the photos you have provided which cleary shows its not a match.

Comment

• brianborsch
                          • Dec 2005

The rack mark is hard to see because the bat is in motion and there is a glare on the bat from light. You can see thought that the rack mark curves exactly like this one. And NO the ball is not hitting right next to the logo. My circle was to circle the rack mark. If you look at where the ball hits and figure for the bats forward motion and how that affects the ball and it's placement, it actually works out exactly to the spot on the bat where there is a ball mark.

I bet if you could get a scientist to come in and assess the probability they would say it is rather high that this is the exact bat.

I will get a subscription to mlbtv and watch this game and the subsequest games. Hopefully I will be able to get more proof there as this is the only photo from Getty. They only show him up to 4/11 and he played until 4/20 or so.

Comment

• brianborsch
                            • Dec 2005

The actual total ball mark is close to the center logo. One thing to consider also is that with the bat at that angle in the action pic, where the ball is hitting may seem just a little closer to the logo than it is.

Send me your email and I will email you a good pic. For some reason, I can't get my pics small enough to post on here. The pics I have already posted are from someone else's site.

Comment

• suave1477
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2006

Brian first of all we can see the bat juts fine by the ones you posted we dont need any more yours are clear.

Second of all you said it yourself a scientist could come in and say there is high probability that this is the same bat. Then that means its not a photo match.

A PHOTO MATCH IS WHEN YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE EXACT GAME USED ITEM WITH INDICATING MARKINGS, SCUFFS, TEARS, BALL MARKS, RACK MARKS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN COME FROM USE THAT SHOW IN THE PICTURE AND ON THE BAT WITH OUT QUESTIONS.

Originally posted by brianborsch
                              I bet if you could get a scientist to come in and assess the probability they would say it is rather high that this is the exact bat.

Comment

Working...