PDA

View Full Version : Professional Sports Hazing Stories

joelsabi
08-07-2010, 09:29 PM
This photo got me think that some of you probably have a great story about hazing that was done is professional sports.

So if you have a story, i'm listening. BTW, thats the #1 pick in the NFL draft compliments of LenDale White the barber. :D

sox83cubs84
08-08-2010, 02:59 PM
My wife, Ballhawk Dave Davison and I were sitting in the lobby of the hotel the Cubs were staying at in a season-ending series at St. Louis in 1997. After Saturday's game, the team hazed the rookies with a common manuever...dressing them up in women's attire and hauling them out in public appearing as such.

A rookie I had befriended (with the help of Mel Rojas), a young pitcher named Ramon Tatis, was one of the hazees, clad in a strikingly colorful dark red gown with a slit up to the hip on the left side. All the people in the lobby that were there when he came off the elevator in the evening gown, and who does he come over to talk to?:eek: Those were the days, when I was affluent enough to travel to out-of-town games, and had good enough health to ballhawk the way it was meant to be done.

Dave Miedema

island_style
08-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Dave,

You might be able to verify this. I don't know if they still do this, but the Dodgers used to have the rookies paint a certain part of a horse's anatomy on a statue in Chicago. The next day, police would come into the clubhouse and pretend to arrest the stunned rookies who took part.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

sox83cubs84
08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Dave,

You might be able to verify this. I don't know if they still do this, but the Dodgers used to have the rookies paint a certain part of a horse's anatomy on a statue in Chicago. The next day, police would come into the clubhouse and pretend to arrest the stunned rookies who took part.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

I haven't been by the statue in a few years, but, as far as I know, the practice still exists. Team color(s) are used by each hazed rookie. Rob Deer of the Giants enjoyed the prank so much that he vounteered to do it again in his 2nd year.

Dave Miedema

cohibasmoker
08-10-2010, 08:02 AM
This photo got me think that some of you probably have a great story about hazing that was done is professional sports.

So if you have a story, i'm listening. BTW, thats the #1 pick in the NFL draft compliments of LenDale White the barber. :D

Shaving Tim's hair to make him look like a Monk was an interesting form of hazing. Most people know that Tim is a Christian and his faith is paramount in his life. He even appeared in a pro-life commercial during the Super Bowl which members of our Society tried to have it banned.

I wonder if Tim was a Muslim and the players dressed him in Muslim garb that there wouldn't be some sort of outrage from the Muslim community.

Just my thought - hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jim