PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Alameda Sports Exhibit

Dewey2007
08-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Dear Forum Members, I am proud to announce that the Alameda Sports Project's 2nd Annual Alameda Sports Exhibit will open to the public on Saturday, August 14th at the Alameda Museum. The exhibit will run thru September 30th so I hope that you forum members in the Bay Area can come out and support the exhibit. We will have a mix of game used equipment, photos, and other sports items of athletes from my hometown of Alameda, CA. Admission is free and I have attached our exhibit flyer with museum hours, etc.

If anyone's intersted, the athletes on the poster are:

Eric Cross (upper left) He is arguably the greatest high school football player from Alameda. He went on to play at Stanford and was a member of two Rose Bowl Championship teams in the early 70's.
Dontrelle Wills (lower left) this is a Little League of card of Dontrelle.
Chris Speier (upper right) Obvious
Jason Kidd (lower right). That was Kidd in the 1991 CA state championship game vs. Fremont of Los Angeles.

Thanks, Dewey

both-teams-played-hard
08-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Looks good. Hope you have a nice turnout and a swell time is had by all!

Dewey2007
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
For those on the forum that are into this kind of thing here are pics from this year's sports exhibit.

Dewey2007
09-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Here go a few more...

both-teams-played-hard
09-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Real nice set-up!

What are the teams that used that satin uniform with the bear patch and the warm-up with the American patch? Those are sweet...

Did you get that Alameda flannel from eBay?

Dewey2007
09-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Real nice set-up!

What are the teams that used that satin uniform with the bear patch and the warm-up with the American patch? Those are sweet...

Did you get that Alameda flannel from eBay?

Thanks! The satin uniform and warmup is from the J.J. Krieg Girls Softball Team. They won national fastpitch softball championships in 1938-39. That's the team you sent me the "softball queens" jpg of awhile back.

Yeah, that's the Alameda fannel from eBay I originally lost out on. I contacted the buyer a few months later and he ended up selling it to me.

both-teams-played-hard
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes, I remember the girls team photo...
Glad you got the Alameda flannel...divine intervention!

Dewey2007
09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes, I remember the girls team photo...
Glad you got the Alameda flannel...divine intervention!

I'm glad I got the Alameda flannel too. It was divine intervention and a few extra $$ then the jersey originally sold for!

Sonny25
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Love the Ray Young jersey!!!!!

My brother was one of the best basketball players in North Carolina and I saw him play against Young in some sort of summer tournament/league.

I lived with the North Carolina player of the year (Along with Kentucky recruit Jason Parker), but wanted to be like Ray Young from that point on. lol