PDA

View Full Version : Questions for NBA Game Issue Collectors

oakesc8855
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I am considering buying this Kevin Durant game issued 08-09 jersey. I'm basically just looking for some insight to see what you guys think, if its real, what are the good things that make you think it is, what makes you question it?

Also why would they issue jersey's for the 08-09 season when they knew they wouldnt be in Seattle? Does anyone have any insight about how early they make the jersey's for the following season? Below are some pics of the jersey/tags. Let me know what you think please! I've never bought a NBA jersey of any kind so you can see why I am trying to figure this all out on top of why they would have even made this jersey. THANKS

cody8_33@Hotmail.com

cliffjmp33
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
My only thought here is the Sonics were defunct in 2008-09. They began playing in Oklahoma City that season.

legaleagle92481
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Not Legit. A game issued jersey is a backup jersey in case of excessive sweat, jersey rips or player bleeds on it or whatever and needs to switch jerseys. Meaning it was prepared for use by the player, has any special modifications his jerseys have and the only thing seperating it from a game used is it never made its way into a game. A jersey with the wrong team name and city is not an issued jersey as if the need arose Durant could not have worn it in a game.

AutographAddiction
08-12-2010, 02:53 PM
To me, the +2 length on the tag looks questionable... Check out the +4 length on my Dwight Howard jersey I obtained in-person... It is different in many ways. Of course, all NBA teams may have differences in their tags, but I have seen other teams jerseys that have the same style as my jersey. Not totally sure though, but thats all I can add.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qSWVMIJpL_E/TAAjB3U1P1I/AAAAAAAAAEg/E1yLyUQsPIc/s1600/IMG_3236.JPG

trsent
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
To me, the +2 length on the tag looks questionable... Check out the +4 length on my Dwight Howard jersey I obtained in-person... It is different in many ways. Of course, all NBA teams may have differences in their tags, but I have seen other teams jerseys that have the same style as my jersey. Not totally sure though, but thats all I can add.

The extra length tags can be found both ways. I have obtained game used-team issued jerseys right from The Chicago Bulls with both the small extra length tag and the larger extra length tag. That is not a concern.

Not Legit. A game issued jersey is a backup jersey in case of excessive sweat, jersey rips or player bleeds on it or whatever and needs to switch jerseys. Meaning it was prepared for use by the player, has any special modifications his jerseys have and the only thing seperating it from a game used is it never made its way into a game. A jersey with the wrong team name and city is not an issued jersey as if the need arose Durant could not have worn it in a game.

I don't know where that definition comes from, but if a pro-cut jersey from the manufacture is identical in every way to a team issued jersey that sat in the locker room, the jerseys are the same extra thing.

People always hope that a "team issued" item came from the locker room, but if it is identical in every way to a "pro-cut" what is the difference? No one could ever tell the difference, so team issued and pro-cut are the same exact thing.

sportscentury
08-12-2010, 06:10 PM
It's a legitimate pro-cut. Pro-cut v. game-issued, as Joel alluded, is not much more than a semantic difference. Same exact jersey, and it was made for KD to wear in NBA play, but was never "issued" to him in the sense that it was never placed in his locker by the Sonics EM. It's a nice jersey; has been on eBay countless times as the seller wants too much for it. But it's a pro-cut game jersey for sure. If you are looking for something that was hanging in KD's locker, then this is not for you. This never made it to him since the franchise moved to OKC. Still a nice collectible; would look good signed.

If anyone has a KD Sonics game worn rookie jersey (07-08), please contact me at rgf2@hotmail.com. I have been looking for one for a while and will pay absolute top dollar. I will even pay a finder's fee of 10% if I purchase a jersey you locate for me.

Thanks.

legaleagle92481
08-13-2010, 12:53 AM
The extra length tags can be found both ways. I have obtained game used-team issued jerseys right from The Chicago Bulls with both the small extra length tag and the larger extra length tag. That is not a concern.

I don't know where that definition comes from, but if a pro-cut jersey from the manufacture is identical in every way to a team issued jersey that sat in the locker room, the jerseys are the same extra thing.

People always hope that a "team issued" item came from the locker room, but if it is identical in every way to a "pro-cut" what is the difference? No one could ever tell the difference, so team issued and pro-cut are the same exact thing.

They are but they aren't. The whole hung in his locker thing to me is worth something extra.