PDA

View Full Version : Michael Young bat

cjclong
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I got a chance to see a picture and also see from a distance the bat Michael Young has been using. It has a gold design where the brand is. I had heard he was using an SSK, which I am not familiar with. Would this description be an SSK, and does anyone know if he is using another player's bats or does he have his own with his name on the barrel?

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
He has used RX sports, B45's and SSK....coincidently these have all been two tone bats with gold labels. He must like that look....the ssk's appear to be his model and have his '10' on the knob. Most recently he has used the ssk model though it looks. Hope this helps!

cjclong
08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the help. In the Yankees series I know he was not using a B45, I got a good enough look to tell. Do you know if he has his name on the barrel of the SSK's he is using the way he did when he used the Old Hickory and the B45's last year? (Its really odd after using the Old Hickory for so many years he has suddenly started using all sorts of Bats, kind of like Josh Hamilton, who is actually using a blond Louisville Slugger most of the time now)

STLHAMMER32
08-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the help. In the Yankees series I know he was not using a B45, I got a good enough look to tell. Do you know if he has his name on the barrel of the SSK's he is using the way he did when he used the Old Hickory and the B45's last year? (Its really odd after using the Old Hickory for so many years he has suddenly started using all sorts of Bats, kind of like Josh Hamilton, who is actually using a blond Louisville Slugger most of the time now)

In the Yanks series he was using the SSK it looked like to me, thats what I have seen him use lately. I would be shocked if it didn't have his name on the barrel as well. The bats also might might have his number engraved in the knob, it appeared that way when I was watching the game the other night.

Yep, since Josh has gone to Texas he has used more bat brands then anyone ever has probably and he also used a bat that was about 50 years old as well :p . He has pretty much settled in with LVS lately switching between a maple and ash model.