PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton 2009 All Star Game Used Bat Help

rangersfan1214
08-11-2010, 11:37 PM
I bought a bat today and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I looked up hologram number on MLB.com and it says the bat's session was MLB all star game 2009. And the bat only has his name on it and Texas Rangers and no all star game printed on it. And I was wondering if someone might know if it was used during the all star game really? The hologram number is LH 705852. Thanks!

STLHAMMER32
08-11-2010, 11:46 PM
I bought a bat today and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I looked up hologram number on MLB.com and it says the bat's session was MLB all star game 2009. And the bat only has his name on it and Texas Rangers and no all star game printed on it. And I was wondering if someone might know if it was used during the all star game really? The hologram number is LH 705852. Thanks!

The way the description reads would lead you to believe that. Post pics of it and we can find out for sure. What type of bat is it?

rangersfan1214
08-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Not able to post pictures right now. But it's a powerized Louisville Slugger tan bat.

legaleagle92481
08-11-2010, 11:54 PM

Your bat was used in the all star game. Josh had an RBI single. Bats are not marked allstar game or playoffs or what not the player just uses one of his bats.

STLHAMMER32
08-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Not able to post pictures right now. But it's a powerized Louisville Slugger tan bat.

He used a LVS in the game so we'll see if its the one when you can get pics posted!

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Be home in about 20 minutes. Will post photos then. Thanks!!

Fnazxc0114
08-12-2010, 01:19 AM
if it realy is a all star game bat id make you a signifigant offer, including a uncracked hamilton, and a few other rangers g/u items. If interested lmk
jgrogers1978@yahoo.com

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm not to sure on how to put them on here, so if you would like to get photos you could give me an email address and i'll try to send them. Thanks!

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm not to sure on how to put them on here, so if you would like to get photos you could give me an email address and i'll try to send them. Thanks!

jwake4410@yahoo.com

lakeerie92
08-12-2010, 09:19 AM
if it realy is a all star game bat id make you a signifigant offer, including a uncracked hamilton, and a few other rangers g/u items. If interested lmk
jgrogers1978@yahoo.com

That sounds like a decent deal for you Ranger, an all star game bat is cool but I would personally prefer one used in a game that counted toward the standings. Getting an uncracked Hamilton gamer and some other Rangers items would definately boost your collection. I would give that some
serious consideration

legaleagle92481
08-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Josh had an rbi in the game but it was on a groundout, in the sixth inning he did get a single with nobody on base.

Here is what I know about the bat so far, it was not used his first at bat but has a chance to have been used after that.

Hamilton used the bat shown in the gettyimages photo (bp picture) for his first at bat in the game.

I checked the box score quick my main point was bats used in the all star game are not specially marked to indicate such. You will not find a bat engraved 2009 all star game made for the player's use in the game. Alot of times it would be impossible to do so as guys are named to the team sometimes just a day or two before the game which would give them almost no time to manufacture and ship him specially engraved bats. Obviously it was not used the whole game but the description corresponding to the MLB hologram is usually absent very rare occassions correct so I am confidant it was used at some point therein. It is a very cool, rare and valuable item for a new collector this guy did well for himself, when was the last time you saw an mlb authenticated all star game bat of a superstar on the market, let alone being sold at the stadium?

legaleagle92481
08-12-2010, 09:39 AM
That sounds like a decent deal for you Ranger, an all star game bat is cool but I would personally prefer one used in a game that counted toward the standings. Getting an uncracked Hamilton gamer and some other Rangers items would definately boost your collection. I would give that some
serious consideration

It is much rarer and more valuable imo. You can get a gamer used in random game any day of week but find another all star bat. Josh probably kept most of his as I would imagine most guys would.

legaleagle92481
08-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Rangersfan, did you get Josh to sign it like you said you might? If I were you I would wait until he does a sit down signing and go to it with the bat and a printout from the MLB database showing that it is from the ASG and a photo or two if someone finds you some that match and ask him to sign it with inscription ASG used 2009. It would be interesting how he would react to seeing the bat.

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 10:34 AM
First at bat, you can see that grain perfectly.

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
First at bat, you can see that grain perfectly.

Thanks for showing that, I posted photos showing his bat and the difference of grain but now my post is deleted?!

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Well the bat is splintered along the handle a little. But not even enough to cause it to break if swung. So I figured it wasn't used long in the all star game until it broke.

joelsabi
08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for showing that, I posted photos showing his bat and the difference of grain but now my post is deleted?!

Can you please check your PM. Many thanks.

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Can you please check your PM. Many thanks.

I have not used the pm's on here before, I click on my messages and see nothing there....should I be looking somehere else? Thanks for the help.

ndevlin
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I have not used the pm's on here before, I click on my messages and see nothing there....should I be looking somehere else? Thanks for the help.

Shoot me an email....

Nathanieldevlin at yahoo.com

joelsabi
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM

STLHAMMER, oK check your email instead.

spartanservitto
08-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Does he have photos of his bat? Or am I missing this, I want to see them...bad.

-Tony

ndevlin
08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
If I could get your email I could email them to you. Thanks!

I dont care too much if you send out my photos, but if you could crop out the person holding the bat, including their name tag. I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks...

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
here is one of the photos of the bat showing the grain.....

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks STLHammer. And the bat is cupped on the end in case wondering.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I never did get the chance to get it signed. Does anyone know of any public signings of his coming up?

spartanservitto
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
here is one of the photos of the bat showing the grain.....

Damn, did the seller know about this? Or did you get one of the biggest steals I have ever seen?

-Tony

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Damn, did the seller know about this? Or did you get one of the biggest steals I have ever seen?

-Tony

The bat came from the team store in Texas, I don't think it was marked any different. I believe a fellow forum member was just helping out someone get a Hamilton bat and picked it up for him.

As far as it being a steal, I am steal trying to find proof it was used in the game...It was not used in his first Ab for sure, but there is a chance it was used after I'm trying to get a decent pic of the grain.

What concerns me is there is no visible blue ball transfers from what I can see in his final at bat, which he had one swing and a base hit. Also it was a nice solid base hit and didn't appear he cracked the bat in anyway....so if this was the bat used somehow it was cracked and had two ball marks on it following the at bat? It says on the MLB database that it was from a session on July 14, 2009 the day of the AS game......I'm a bit puzzled so far but hopefully we find out some more about it....

if this was used in the game....he got one heck of a steal!

spartanservitto
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
The bat came from the team store in Texas, I don't think it was marked any different. I believe a fellow forum member was just helping out someone get a Hamilton bat and picked it up for him.

As far as it being a steal, I am steal trying to find proof it was used in the game...It was not used in his first Ab for sure, but there is a chance it was used after I'm trying to get a decent pic of the grain.

What concerns me is there is no visible blue ball transfers from what I can see in his final at bat, which he had one swing and a base hit. Also it was a nice solid base hit and didn't appear he cracked the bat in anyway....so if this was the bat used somehow it was cracked and had two ball marks on it following the at bat? It says on the MLB database that it was from a session on July 14, 2009 the day of the AS game......I'm a bit puzzled so far but hopefully we find out some more about it....

if this was used in the game....he got one heck of a steal!

See the date makes me wonder, because at the very lease, they acquired it that day. So I think you should be able to the marks because it would be towards the end of the line of the bat. But given the manufacture date, the gap for use should be too hard to track....time to get on MLBtv. haha.

-Tony

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
The blue marks appear to be from the weights. Don't really appear to be ball marks. I don't see how the database could be wrong with a manufactured date on the knob right before the all star game. If you find anything out let me know. Thanks!

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Here is has good of a photo as I could get from his single and final at bat in the 6th inning...

spartanservitto
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
The blue marks appear to be from the weights. Don't really appear to be ball marks. I don't see how the database could be wrong with a manufactured date on the knob right before the all star game. If you find anything out let me know. Thanks!

Look at the mark next to the third ring I believe... it actually looks to match. Just throwing that out there.

-Tony

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 12:05 PM

I'm not following you on the weights? These aren't ink transfers?

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure after looking again. It may be. But I thought they were to blue to be but it could be ball marks

ndevlin
08-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes, they were ink transfers....

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure after looking again. It may be. But I thought they were to blue to be but it could be ball marks

When you get a chance email a photo of the backside of your bat. I found a photo that I'm hoping to match it to.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Sent email

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Ok, I shrunk and flipped the original image to almost the same size as the at bat pic, tell me what you guys think.

Fnazxc0114
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
the last two years hamilton has done a card show that usually happens in april. He has a private signing today. Hamilton like a lot of other guys will put whatever you want on the bat. Hey legal, hamilton isnt much of a collector. I know he auctioned off his g/u stuff from 2008 to raise money for a school in africa. Pretty classy move in my book.

Fnazxc0114
08-12-2010, 12:24 PM
There arent many guys in the league that hit the ball as hard as he does.

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok, I shrunk and flipped the original image to almost the same size as the at bat pic, tell me what you guys think.

good job, it was not used in his first at bat...I think my post was deleted but I already pointed out the grain was different. if you could do that for the photo I posted for the 6th inning and last AB that could be really helpful! Keep up the good work!

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 12:32 PM
6th

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 12:32 PM
here is a photo from getty image, different bat then he had is first AB....

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 01:02 PM
STLHAMMER, did you get my photo of the back of the bat? Were you able to match it?

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 01:15 PM
STLHAMMER, did you get my photo of the back of the bat? Were you able to match it?

I got it thanks, I couldn't match it... different grain again it looks like. Tje photo didn't say which at bat it was from so i'm not sure if it was the first at bat or not....lets hope so.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
From what i see it looks like the 6th inning single bat.

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 01:26 PM
From what i see it looks like the 6th inning single bat.

There is a chance I don't see anything conclusive one or the other right now to say for sure, if your bat was used in the game it looks like it is going to have to be because it is 100% not the one used his first at bat. The problem I see is...he only had one swing in the 6th so maybe he connected with the label of the baseball and caused the ink transfer on that one swing....but where did the other one come from then. The bat he was using didn't have any blue marks on it from what I could see from the video....and then when was the bat cracked? Because it didn't sound or appear to be cracked his last AB, it was a solid single... If the bat was collected that day it couldn't have been used in a game after the AS game or bp or anything so I'm not sure what to think.

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Bp

ndevlin
08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
It may have been used during bp or possibly the day before...

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
ya. im just thinking why would they put used during all star game if it wasnt?

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
It may have been used during bp or possibly the day before...

The bat he used in bp prior to the game was the bat he used his first AB in the game it looks like....It very well could have been used another time...but my question is why can't we see the blue marks or more importantly how was it cracked if it was the bat used later in the game? V

Here is the Bp bat, same grain as the one used his first AB....

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Well it could have been used in the game we will see what comes up but If its marked wrong it wouldn't be the first time or last time a mistake has been made.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
It could just be the angle. Also it is not cracked but a little bit not even enough to hear i think. It didn't need taping or anything. It's about a centimeter deep and 1 inch long. So very small

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 01:55 PM
It could just be the angle. Also it is not cracked but a little bit not even enough to hear i think. It didn't need taping or anything. It's about a centimeter deep and 1 inch long. So very small

When you say it could be the angle, what are you meaning?

So let me get this straight...the bat bat isn't cracked but has a crack a centimeter deep and an inch long:p. Now im even more confused with this bat...lol.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I mean the angle of the bat in te video may not let you be able to see the blue marks and the bat has a small crack in it not big enough to be able to hear in a video or see

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd say 4th inning and 6th inning he uses the same bat, but that's just me.

STLHAMMER32
08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I mean the angle of the bat in te video may not let you be able to see the blue marks and the bat has a small crack in it not big enough to be able to hear in a video or see

I agree the photo may not be the best angle, what I meant earlier was that I watched the at bat via video and could not see anything either...you would think it would stand out.

Here is another photo from the 6th inning at bat showing the side of the bat....I don't see anything but maybe its because of the quality...

when I look at the photos grain wise it looks like a decent match to the one in the 6th inning but hopefully we can find something conclusive.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
ya. the quality is not very good at all. i cant really tell if they are there or not.

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Do you have more photos of the bat? If so, email them to me. itsgameused at gmail.com

ndevlin
08-12-2010, 02:40 PM

The same reason why MLB puts "game used" for authenticated jerseys, even though the player never made it in the game.

They make mistakes sometimes, and definitely arent specific. If the bat was used the day before or cracked during bp the day of, I wouldnt be surprised if they listed it as game used for that weekend.

It could very well be anyways. Those are just options.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Dach. Your email is gameused @gmail.com?

Dach0sen0ne
08-12-2010, 03:05 PM
itsgameused@gmail.com

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Emails sent

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Bump.. Anyone find out any new stuff or anything conclusive. Ive been looking a lot and think it was used during the 6th inning single.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Just picked up a Josh Hamilton game used 2009 all star game bat and it has some pine tar right by the knob and then a gap, then more and another gap and more. Does this sound like his typical pine tar placement? Thanks!

cliffjmp33
08-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Rangersfan1214, I am not trying to be rude, but it seems like you are starting a lot of threads about a similar, if not the same bat. I totally understand you wanting to fully document and get all information about your very nice item, but maybe keep bumping up your previous thread?

If you're posting about a different item, or if I am coming off as a jerk, I apologize. Also, if you can take photos, that would help. I'm sure a lot of us here would help post the photos if you have any trouble.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Actually don't have a camera available right now. I figured people wouldn't want to keep having to look at that post to see stuff. Sorry

nycpropain
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM
wait its game used in the all star game? I thought the photos didnt match up?

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm almost positive it is the one used during the 6th inning single. And there is no 2 bats with the same grain look and it looks almost identical.

Fnazxc0114
08-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Most of those ash bats have very similar grain, some almost too close to tell apart. Josh tends to use mota stick, and it is generally applied by the knob of the bat. Or, atleast it has been on the majority of hamilton bats i have bought and sold.

rangersfan1214
08-12-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm just saying that it looks pretty close and the MLB authentication says it was useD during the all star game so you would figure that's it

HawaiiSportsNut
08-13-2010, 12:23 AM
rangersfan... You must have a camera on your phone, and if you don't take the bat to a friend to have a few pics taken of it. Right now it seems like you are just trying to tell a tall tale. My apologies if I am wrong.

Like a the old saying that goes "One Picture Is Worth Ten Thousand Words".

joelsabi
08-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm just saying that it looks pretty close and the MLB authentication says it was useD during the all star game so you would figure that's it

Just an observation. There were three Josh Hamilton bats that were authenticated on that day. The odd part of this date session is that there were no All Star Lineup Cards or bases that were authenticated. I am thinking there is another session somewhere in the MLB database for the All Star Game (baseballs, lineup cards, bases, cracked bat etc.). Maybe someone has an item from the 2009 All Star game with a MLB hologram.

Before this bat was authenticated, there were BP jerseys and locker nametags that were authenticated. Then there are 4 bats including a Joe Mauer (he rarely breaks a bat) and 3 Josh Hamilton bats. I do not think there is specifics but a general comment "used during the all star game" because I think these bat were uncracked and were probably gathered after the game and authenticated at that time. Maybe Hamilton and Mauer had team arrangements for their items to be collected in the lockerroom after the game. This session has a feeling of an inventory session after the all star game.

Your bat may well have been used in the actual game but with only one photo of the bat to work with, that is a tough order to prove. Try to take some more photos of your bat from different angles and let someone help you post them here so that members here can further assist you.

legaleagle92481
08-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Actually don't have a camera available right now. I figured people wouldn't want to keep having to look at that post to see stuff. Sorry

I find this statement increadible in this day and age. 99.9% of phones they make today have one, digital cameras are dirt cheap. If you are spending 500 plus on gu items how can you not have something as basic and cheap as a camera? I agree with Hawaii Sports Nut I think we are being had here.

STLHAMMER32
08-13-2010, 01:52 AM
I find this statement increadible in this day and age. 99.9% of phones they make today have one, digital cameras are dirt cheap. If you are spending 500 plus on gu items how can you not have something as basic and cheap as a camera? I agree with Hawaii Sports Nut I think we are being had here.

Legal, I had several conversations with him when he was looking for a Hamilton gamer....I really thought that he was just pulling a prank as well but I think the situation is that he is very young and new to the hobby as well. There is one member that is on the forum that I know has to get some sort of thrill messing with people but I don't think this is the case here....I could be wrong but I think he is sincere. I think Nate is the one who picked up the bat so maybe he can let us know for sure....

legaleagle92481
08-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Legal, I had several conversations with him when he was looking for a Hamilton gamer....I really thought that he was just pulling a prank as well but I think the situation is that he is very young and new to the hobby as well. There is one member that is on the forum that I know has to get some sort of thrill messing with people but I don't think this is the case here....I could be wrong but I think he is sincere. I think Nate is the one who picked up the bat so maybe he can let us know for sure....

Well I am also skeptical because why would the Rangers make an error like that? Teams especially the Rangers get every last nickel from this stuff. They sell Michael Young jerseys on MLB Auctions for a grand a piece. So I am dubious that they would sell it as a regular gamer at regular gamer prices. They put that on MLB Auctions they would have gotten a few grand for it. And I have never heard of MLB auctions making that big of an error, I mean based on the pics he has been sending around it appears that the bat does not match the ones he used in the game. Unless Nate remembers the hologram number all he can do is verify he picked up a Hamilton bat for him. I am not doubting he has a Hamilton bat just that he has the bat he claims. He could have gotten the hologram number somewhere and rather than as a prank just a new guy looking for the admiration and attention of more veteran members by making this awesome find.

tigerdale
08-13-2010, 08:52 AM
I think you'd be surprised how often hologram numbers are not checked, by teams or collectors. I think in this busy world, with employees not being collectors too, just know they have this game used bat or jersey...not realizing what 'extra' they might have. I've seen many items found that the team didn't realize what they were selling...

ndevlin
08-13-2010, 09:02 AM
The holo on the bat is the one he stated. Hes not pranking anyone....

I didnt really examine the bat much, just took enough photos for a handful of people that were looking for Hamilton bats. Most people said they werent interested and rangersfan said he was, so I told him to come to the store and purchase it if he wanted it. He did and thats that.

The bat didnt have a ton of use as much as a Hamilton bat should. I really dont remember a crack though, a hairline perhaps, but like I said, I didnt examine it much.

The MLB sticker is on the knob where his number should be. Though I thought that was odd, his jersey number isnt on the bat either, unless its super small underneath the sticker. From all of his bats Ive seen, all have his number on it.

When I took the photos about 3 weeks ago, I put the MLB # in my phone and when I got back to my desk, I checked the number out. When I did, it said the number was not found. Could I have punched in the wrong number? Maybe. Could MLB not have updated the number yet? Maybe.

All I know is, he came and purchased the bat a few days ago and punched the number in himself that night when he got home and told me about what it said. If it came up like that when I checked it 3 weeks ago, I would have grabbed the bat myself.

mbrieve
08-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Based on the photos and screencaps provided, it looks like this bat was probably authenticated during the AS festvities, but probably not used in the game. Certainly this could change if better photos were provided, but at this time, that would be my assessment.

suave1477
08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Not the greatest photo but hope it helps

STLHAMMER32
08-13-2010, 09:50 AM
The holo on the bat is the one he stated. Hes not pranking anyone....

I didnt really examine the bat much, just took enough photos for a handful of people that were looking for Hamilton bats. Most people said they werent interested and rangersfan said he was, so I told him to come to the store and purchase it if he wanted it. He did and thats that.

The bat didnt have a ton of use as much as a Hamilton bat should. I really dont remember a crack though, a hairline perhaps, but like I said, I didnt examine it much.

The MLB sticker is on the knob where his number should be. Though I thought that was odd, his jersey number isnt on the bat either, unless its super small underneath the sticker. From all of his bats Ive seen, all have his number on it.

When I took the photos about 3 weeks ago, I put the MLB # in my phone and when I got back to my desk, I checked the number out. When I did, it said the number was not found. Could I have punched in the wrong number? Maybe. Could MLB not have updated the number yet? Maybe.

All I know is, he came and purchased the bat a few days ago and punched the number in himself that night when he got home and told me about what it said. If it came up like that when I checked it 3 weeks ago, I would have grabbed the bat myself.

Glad we cleared that up....I was going to ask you if you checked the holograms before you emailed him about it.

With the # not on the knob, it isn't uncommon for him to do that. I'd say a little more than half of the time he puts his number on the knob but I have seen and own many that do not. This bat matches up very nicely with Hamilton's characteristics including where the ink transfers appear.

Does anyone have an 09 all star baseball that could comment on the ink on the bal? I ask this because I am wondering if the ink was a darker color for the balls used.

joelsabi
08-13-2010, 10:12 AM

Maybe the first inning bat is still at the store. There were three bats authenticated that day.

I am curious also how the bat went from the AS game in St Louis to the stadium in Arlington.

joelsabi
08-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Does anyone have an 09 all star baseball that could comment on the ink on the bal? I ask this because I am wondering if the ink was a darker color for the balls used.

photo of 2009 AS baseball with red and blue stitches.

rangersfan1214
08-13-2010, 10:56 AM
I guarantee you this is not a prank. I can send anyone who want me to more photos of the bat and the hologram number. I actually have a camera but like I said it's not available. I'm lending it to a family member and will get it back more than likely tomorrow.

sctizzle
08-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Since the hologram was on the knob, could the bats Hamilton brought with him just have been authenticated as the bats he brought to the ASG? Another member had a Smoak bat that had it on the knob and was used again after it was holod. I would assume the bat was just holod at the ASG and then he brought back the rest of the bats to Texas that he didn't use in the game. I'd look at video/pix of the next few games after the ASG to see if you can match it to there or see if you can see a hologram on the knob.

I think it's odd that he'd use a bat already holod but it's been done on other bats, helmets and jerseys. I'm assuming the holo was placed on the knob so it could still be used and not smudge the number if a ball hit the hologram in the usual spot where they get the hologram.

I could be way wrong on this assumption but if it's not matching to the game it's worth looking at the games after the ASG.

Scott

Fnazxc0114
08-13-2010, 11:10 AM
that was my smoak first hit/hr bat. You could see the holo on the knob, in the game he hit the first hr in. That is probably the best explanation i have seen. In the case of the holo for the smoak bat there is one entry for the hit, and another i believe 3 days later for the first hr.

rangersfan1214
08-13-2010, 11:36 AM
If you notice, all the items around it are all star items. I just am trying to point out that the bat looks a lot like the pattern on the 6th inning one and it says it was used during the all star game so doesnt it seem like it would be that bat!?

rangersfan1214
08-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Could someone who has MLB tv try to pause when the ball makes contact in the 6th inning single to see if the ball marks are near where he hit

STLHAMMER32
08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Josh was using a black Old Hickory his first game after the All Star break at least for his first two at bats....there was an error when I tried to watch his other at bats later in the game.

rangersfan1214
08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I just read a post written by John Taube that said normal all star bats have 1 or 2 ball marks and the usual player charecteristics. Which the bat does have 2 ball marks and shows good Hamilton characteristics.

STLHAMMER32
08-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I just read a post written by John Taube that said normal all star bats have 1 or 2 ball marks and the usual player charecteristics. Which the bat does have 2 ball marks and shows good Hamilton characteristics.

I don't know the context of the article or when it was written but keep in mind that they used to issue bats for players specifically for the All-Star game. Now in almost every case players just bring their regular season bats and use them, obviously with any bat some are used more than others but I'm not sure that one or two ball marks necessarily applies to current bats from All Star games but certainly for the souvenir type bats that used to be produced for the players specifically for the event.

rangersfan1214
08-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Ya. I see what you mean. I think the MLB authentication program wouldnt make such a big mistake to authenticate it for the worng game though

STLHAMMER32
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Ya. I see what you mean. I think the MLB authentication program wouldnt make such a big mistake to authenticate it for the worng game though

You wouldn't think that the Rangers Team Store or MLB would let the bat go unnoticed and just displayed with the regular bats either...mistakes just happen... it's life. Your bat very well could have been used in the game, but we just don't know for sure yet. It wasn't used in 1 of the 3 at bats for sure though.

lakeerie92
08-13-2010, 11:31 PM

I would think that too, but my game used Yankees ball that is authenticated as being autographed by Derek Jeter with NO signature on the ball, and my game used Mike Gonzalez jersey that is authenticated as being worn by Terry Pendleton beg to differ. Sometimes they make those mistakes. I just bought a Hamilton gamer (S380 like yours) that was broken on July 22, 2009. Maybe in some way a bat from the same batch might shed a little bit of light on this. Who knows but if the grain on mine is totally different then you might be closer to a definitive match on the grain of the bat, but if it is close to yours then it might just add to the confusion. No matter what turns up you have yourself a nice game used Josh Hamilton bat. Congrats.

joelsabi
08-14-2010, 09:05 AM
FYI, BMH replied about the bat order

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=37215

rangersfan1214
08-29-2010, 12:09 PM
I have come the conclusion I believe that my bat was used during the 2009 all star game because everything matches up. What are the odds that they messed up and I talked to BMH and the bat model is the one he ordered for the all star game. It has all star bats charecterisics. Now wouldn't that be VERY rare for them to mess up AND all the stuff seems to point the bat towards the all star game

nycpropain
08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I have come the conclusion I believe that my bat was used during the 2009 all star game because everything matches up. What are the odds that they messed up and I talked to BMH and the bat model is the one he ordered for the all star game. It has all star bats charecterisics. Now wouldn't that be VERY rare for them to mess up AND all the stuff seems to point the bat towards the all star game

So wait you got a photomatch?

rangersfan1214
08-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I have not because it doesn't seem like anyone can find a good photo of him using a bat during the 6th inning but it does kind of look like it. My point is EVERYTHING seems to point towards it was used during the all star game and now people think it wasn't and the mlb messed up. I'm just trying to say that the odds of them messing up AND it all seems like it was used during the ASG seems pretty slim

Fnazxc0114
08-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Even if he cracked the bat during BP it would be labeled as ASG game used in the holo database. Anyone seen any photos from bp?

lakeerie92
08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
If you can't find a photomatch then I am not sure what you mean by "it all seems like it was used during the all star game. Other than the hologram the only other thing you have to go off of is BMH saying it was part of a bat order. That order was 4 bats. That is not enough to definitively narrow it down. So the only thing you are basing it off of is the fact that the hologram says it and MLB should be better than to mess it up. I would hope that would be the case, but we all know that it is not. MLB gets it wrong from time to time. While I cannot clearly say one way or another if your bat is a photomatch I can say that it is a nice game used Hamilton. If the bat is for your collection there is no reason to stress what it is or isn't. You can call it a World Series bat if you want. If it isn't for you collection then sell it already so we can move on.

suave1477
08-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Why not pick up a DVD of the game I am sure in this day and age there has to be one available for sale somewhere and just watch Hamiltons every at bat to see if he uses it?

chakes89
08-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Maybe somebody other than Hamilton used it

nycpropain
08-30-2010, 01:08 AM
I have not because it doesn't seem like anyone can find a good photo of him using a bat during the 6th inning but it does kind of look like it. My point is EVERYTHING seems to point towards it was used during the all star game and now people think it wasn't and the mlb messed up. I'm just trying to say that the odds of them messing up AND it all seems like it was used during the ASG seems pretty slim

If by it kinda looks like a bat than sure it looks like a bat, but I am not sure what you are basing your looks like opinion on. I have several items which where mislabeled in the database one of which calls a Jeter batting practice (which is solid blue) a home jersey (pinstripes), does this now mean the Yankees broke tradition and wore this Batting practice jersey cause the hologram says its a striped jersey, no.

I understand your excited but there is no reasons to jump to conclusions just because its in your possession. My point is NOTHING points to this bat being used besides a hologram. Even the photographs say its not the same bat for the most part, with the exception of one inning and thats only because a clear screen shot is unable to be taken. Also did he break his bat earlier in the game? Why would he all of a sudden switch out in the 6th?

tigerdale
08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
here's another Hamilton 7/8/09 bat......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230492793704&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

tigerdale
08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
also, he used it the following season....maybe he used it of and on from the previous season....the all-star game??

cliffjmp33
08-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Why not pick up a DVD of the game I am sure in this day and age there has to be one available for sale somewhere and just watch Hamiltons every at bat to see if he uses it?

You can purchase the game on iTunes for $1.99. I think that would be a good, cheap investment.

BMH
08-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Well I checked the records again. Seems I didn't go to the next page. He had two orders on 7/1/09 and two orders on 7/7/09. Each order was for 3 bats a piece. I ASSUMED four bats, but I was wrong. Now on each date he ordered both the C353 and S380. So six bats of each model. Both have the same handles and very similar barrels so unless you see a model number on screen shots you can't tell which is which.

Hopefully, this makes things a little more confusing:D

Dach0sen0ne
08-31-2010, 01:24 PM
You can purchase the game on iTunes for $1.99. I think that would be a good, cheap investment.

I just purchased the game on itunes cause this has been bothering me and it looks like its still not conclusive. :mad:

rangersfan1214
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Bump

Jags Fan Dan
10-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not going to jump on this thread at this point and be nasty, but I just spent a long time reading every post, and here it is a month and a half after you lent the camera out and you still haven't put up pics of the bat? Throw us some pics, man!!!:D

rangersfan1214
10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Sure will! I'm away from home right now but I have several great photos of the bat on my phone. If anyone knows how to upload photos on to here from an iPhone that could tell me would be great! Thanks!

joelsabi
10-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Sure will! I'm away from home right now but I have several great photos of the bat on my phone. If anyone knows how to upload photos on to here from an iPhone that could tell me would be great! Thanks!

email the photo to yourself. then save the photo to your computer in a location you can retrieve. then use the attachment button when doing a reply to the thread here.

rangersfan1214
10-01-2010, 03:36 PM

rangersfan1214
10-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I have tried several times to email them to myself and save and attach them but it is not working well. If anyone wants I can email them the photos and they can try to post them?

mdube16
10-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Now that Ive invested 30 min reading this...ill be happy to upload the pics onto here. Email them to me

mdube16@bellsouth.net

rangersfan1214
10-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Photos sent! Thanks!!

rangersfan1214
10-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Attempting to post photos. Hopefully it works

rangersfan1214
10-02-2010, 02:40 PM
This photo i believe matches up completely. If you look at the 2nd and 4th ring they both flare out a bit.

Jags Fan Dan
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
That does look pretty good. The grain seems to match up. Counting down, the "Powerized" wording is located right over the sixth ring of the grain in both photos and the spacing looks right.

rangersfan1214
10-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I believe that this is a photo match and it appears y'all do to. So my next question is, if I ever meet Josh an have him sign this bat should I have him inscribe it all star game 2009?

rangersfan1214
11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
AL MVP BUMP!! Anyone else find out anything new. I am really thinking it's the all star bat.

nycpropain
11-24-2010, 01:01 AM
AL MVP BUMP!! Anyone else find out anything new. I am really thinking it's the all star bat.

So wait you think people have been sitting here thinking about your bat? Better question would be what did YOU find?

bagbig
11-24-2010, 11:26 AM
So wait you think people have been sitting here thinking about your bat? Better question would be what did YOU find?

+1

rangersfan1214
11-27-2010, 01:43 PM
I have been looking around for more photos of Hamilton during the all star game and I found a photo I believe is the photo in which he cracked the bat. The way he hits the ball and where he hits it makes since in where and how the crack is and happened. Also I read that all star bats usually have not as much use and this bat has not as much use as most Hamiltons. Anyone else have any opinions on the crack and such

yankees506
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I have been looking around for more photos of Hamilton during the all star game and I found a photo I believe is the photo in which he cracked the bat. The way he hits the ball and where he hits it makes since in where and how the crack is and happened. Also I read that all star bats usually have not as much use and this bat has not as much use as most Hamiltons. Anyone else have any opinions on the crack and such

Man dude just put this one to bed, same bat or not, be happy with your gamer.

rangersfan1214
12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey guys. I know we put this one to rest and I dont want to keep bringing it up but I was on Getty and I came across a photo of Josh during BP and it appears to be my bat and different than the one yall put on here a while back. So i dont want to make anyone mad but I just wanted to see if you guys thought it was?

rangersfan1214
12-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Any opinions on the BP bat?

bagbig
12-18-2010, 10:21 PM
My god, the thread that won't go away. Great job, great bat, great pictures.....but let's move on.

Fnazxc0114
12-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Knowing how hamilton is w equipment It is unlikely he ordered the bat just for the all star game. Id make u a decent offer on the bat based on the coa alone. I have gu of all the major rangers. Jerseys bats cleats gloves etc if u want to get rid of it

dcgreg25
12-20-2010, 09:51 PM
It appears from the posts that this thread has run its course answering the question originally posted by the member. In the interest of keeping things on topic, I am going to go ahead and close the thread. If a member has additional information on this thread, feel free to email me and I (or one of the other moderators) would be happy to reopen the discussion.