X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rangersfan1214
    Banned
    • Aug 2010

Josh Hamilton 2009 All Star Game Used Bat Help

I bought a bat today and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I looked up hologram number on MLB.com and it says the bat's session was MLB all star game 2009. And the bat only has his name on it and Texas Rangers and no all star game printed on it. And I was wondering if someone might know if it was used during the all star game really? The hologram number is LH 705852. Thanks!
  • STLHAMMER32
    • Sep 2009

Re: Josh Hamilton used bat MLB hologram question?

Originally posted by rangersfan1214
    I bought a bat today and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I looked up hologram number on MLB.com and it says the bat's session was MLB all star game 2009. And the bat only has his name on it and Texas Rangers and no all star game printed on it. And I was wondering if someone might know if it was used during the all star game really? The hologram number is LH 705852. Thanks!
    The way the description reads would lead you to believe that. Post pics of it and we can find out for sure. What type of bat is it?

Comment

• rangersfan1214
      Banned
      • Aug 2010

Not able to post pictures right now. But it's a powerized Louisville Slugger tan bat.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Your bat was used in the all star game. Josh had an RBI single. Bats are not marked allstar game or playoffs or what not the player just uses one of his bats.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
          • Sep 2009

Not able to post pictures right now. But it's a powerized Louisville Slugger tan bat.
          He used a LVS in the game so we'll see if its the one when you can get pics posted!

Comment

• rangersfan1214
            Banned
            • Aug 2010

Be home in about 20 minutes. Will post photos then. Thanks!!

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
              • Aug 2007

if it realy is a all star game bat id make you a signifigant offer, including a uncracked hamilton, and a few other rangers g/u items. If interested lmk
              jgrogers1978@yahoo.com
              Baseball do what it do
              -Ron Washington

Comment

• rangersfan1214
                Banned
                • Aug 2010

I'm not to sure on how to put them on here, so if you would like to get photos you could give me an email address and i'll try to send them. Thanks!

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                  • Sep 2009

I'm not to sure on how to put them on here, so if you would like to get photos you could give me an email address and i'll try to send them. Thanks!
                  jwake4410@yahoo.com

Comment

• lakeerie92
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                    if it realy is a all star game bat id make you a signifigant offer, including a uncracked hamilton, and a few other rangers g/u items. If interested lmk
                    jgrogers1978@yahoo.com
                    That sounds like a decent deal for you Ranger, an all star game bat is cool but I would personally prefer one used in a game that counted toward the standings. Getting an uncracked Hamilton gamer and some other Rangers items would definately boost your collection. I would give that some
                    serious consideration
                    Russell Wuerffel
                    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by STLHAMMER32
                      Josh had an rbi in the game but it was on a groundout, in the sixth inning he did get a single with nobody on base.

Here is what I know about the bat so far, it was not used his first at bat but has a chance to have been used after that.

Hamilton used the bat shown in the gettyimages photo (bp picture) for his first at bat in the game.
                      I checked the box score quick my main point was bats used in the all star game are not specially marked to indicate such. You will not find a bat engraved 2009 all star game made for the player's use in the game. Alot of times it would be impossible to do so as guys are named to the team sometimes just a day or two before the game which would give them almost no time to manufacture and ship him specially engraved bats. Obviously it was not used the whole game but the description corresponding to the MLB hologram is usually absent very rare occassions correct so I am confidant it was used at some point therein. It is a very cool, rare and valuable item for a new collector this guy did well for himself, when was the last time you saw an mlb authenticated all star game bat of a superstar on the market, let alone being sold at the stadium?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by lakeerie92
                        That sounds like a decent deal for you Ranger, an all star game bat is cool but I would personally prefer one used in a game that counted toward the standings. Getting an uncracked Hamilton gamer and some other Rangers items would definately boost your collection. I would give that some
                        serious consideration
                        It is much rarer and more valuable imo. You can get a gamer used in random game any day of week but find another all star bat. Josh probably kept most of his as I would imagine most guys would.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Rangersfan, did you get Josh to sign it like you said you might? If I were you I would wait until he does a sit down signing and go to it with the bat and a printout from the MLB database showing that it is from the ASG and a photo or two if someone finds you some that match and ask him to sign it with inscription ASG used 2009. It would be interesting how he would react to seeing the bat.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                            • Jul 2010

First at bat, you can see that grain perfectly.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                              First at bat, you can see that grain perfectly.
                              Thanks for showing that, I posted photos showing his bat and the difference of grain but now my post is deleted?!

Comment

Working...