PDA

View Full Version : Peoples Court Episode

blackbeard
08-13-2010, 02:27 PM
I dont want to name any names here but does anyone have a copy of the peoples court episode where judge Milian ripped a dealer a new one over a Cal Ripken Jr jersey?

Greatly appreciated in advance.

David
08-13-2010, 02:50 PM
There was also an episode about a fake Joe DiMaggio baseball card-- and Judge Judy got it right! She figured out that the seller was a scammer.

The fake card sold for $10,000 (I don't have the real figure) on eBay. The scammer seller said it was worth $100,000 but he wouldn't refund the $10,000 and take the card back. Of course, if the seller REALLY thought it was worth $100,000 he would begging and pleading to get it back for the $10,000. Why wouldn't he be willing to pay $10,000 for a $100,000 card? Clearly ecause he knew the card wasn't worth $100,000 (or $10,000). Judge Judy saw through his rhetoric.

karamaxjoe
08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I dont want to name any names here but does anyone have a copy of the peoples court episode where judge Milian ripped a dealer a new one over a Cal Ripken Jr jersey?

Greatly appreciated in advance.

That was a hot topic about 4 years ago, but nobody here ever produced the video. I always wanted to see it myself.

xpress34
08-13-2010, 06:47 PM
No titles or searches available, but if anyone remembers rough air dates, here's EVERY People's Court episode ever shown:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/the-peoples-court/episode-guide/EP00230963/2010

Have fun!

- Chris

sox83cubs84
08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
One Peoples Court idea that never got off the ground was the dispute over the possession of Sammy Sosa's 62nd home run of 1998. To briefly recap, the ball was retrieved by Ballhawk veteran Moe Mullins, who immediately found himself on the bottom of a major pileup of bodies. In order to avoid literally being crushed to death, Mullins coughed up the ball, where it was grabbed by one Brendan Cunningham, a stockbroker from the suburbs who played opportunist and snatched the loose ball. The cops mistakenly though he was the rightful owner and protected him as he was being chased, and, by the time the cops were made to realize that Cunningham had taken advantage of Mullins, Cunningham was gone. I'm not sure what Mullins would have done with the ball, but Cunningham talked out of both sides of his mouth, telling the media he was going to wait for the right offer so he could pay for his infant son's college education, but in actuality contacting at least one dealer with a request to meet him at a Wrigley Field bar later that evening to make a sale.
The ball eventually ended up being given to Sosa, and Cunningham's attempt to cash in was thwarted (several local big spenders/dealers/auction houses indicated upon my revealiing to them the circumstances cited announced that they would not buy the ball, many of them out of respect to Mullins).

Anyway, while the case was being examined by a local judge (Mullins filed an injunction to render Cunningham unable to sell the ball until the judge decided ownership), producers for Judge Judy contacted Mullins and Cunningham to have the dispute settled on an episode of the TV show. Cunningham was willing, but Mullins declined, feeling that he didn't want the dispute to turn into any more of a circus than it already had.

Dave Miedema

ironmanfan
08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
No titles or searches available, but if anyone remembers rough air dates, here's EVERY People's Court episode ever shown:

Have fun!

- Chris

It aired July 7, 2005 ;)

blackbeard
08-13-2010, 11:44 PM

Have fun!

- Chris

Not really, the peoples court has been on the air as long as ive been alive just about with judge wapner. This lists 7 years and doesnt even give any useful info.

MartinFFcollector
08-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Speaking of Peoples Court...there was a episode in 1989 or 1990 where a kid was "taken" by a dealer for his 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken error card. I want this episode and wil pay a finders fee. New to the site so unsure if I can post my email or..? so you can easily find me on my website. billripken.com Thanks!