PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel: Just Lost Out On An Item I Won?

Sonny25
08-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe somebody can explain to me how this happened?

I just won an item in their HOF auction, I was the winning bidder when that lot came up & ended.
Sat through the entire auction trying to win a few other items, but with no luck.

After the entire auction ended it still showed me as the winning bidder.
About an hour or so later I checked to see if my invoice was available & it showed me as losing out on the item.

CPuente57
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Same thing happened to me, I won the Penny Hardaway home jersey, or so I thought, but now it shows that I lost? I'm guessing maybe the seller pulled the auction? I'm not sure how it works either, first time I've ever bid on a grey flannel auction. Can someone shed any information on how this works?

jetersbatboy
08-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Invisible reserve??

CPuente57
08-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Can seller's do that? Pull their items if it doesn't meet a certain price? I thought there were no hidden reserves?

Sonny25
08-14-2010, 06:07 PM
This is confusing me. :confused:

In the "My Account" section on their page it shows my bid as $666 (lol), but the next column over it shows the final bid as being the minimum of $500.

When I click on the item page it shows the item selling for 800+.

Anyways, I talked to somebody on Friday as they were leaving the HOF Auction, they said to email the problem & they will get back with me when they open up on Monday.
I'm not feeling very confident, but maybe this will get worked out fairly.

CPuente57
08-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Well I know on the item auction page it shows $570 which includes the buyers premium, but on my account page it shows the final bid being the minimum bid of $100.00. I don't think it's fair if the seller could pull out after the auction wins.

33bird
08-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Yea, it looked like overall, some of their items didn't fetch the huge money, like they had in their past HOF auctions. I saw the Bill Russell sweat pants only went for 700.00. So now I'm wondering if they even really sold. Probably didn't reach the minimum or hidden reserve or whatever. I don't like that hidden stuff.

CPuente57
08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I actually got a reply from Grey Flannel and they said they were having database problems and that I should receive my invoice by monday.

Sonny25
08-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Well I just got an email from Grey Flannel as well.

They said there was some sort of database error & then human error with my lot that showed me as the high bidder because the lot was accidentally closed early, but in fact there was a higher bidder.

They then offered me a $100 credit for the next auction.

I'm a little bummed that I didn't get the chance to win that item, but very happy with the communication & the honesty in which they handled the situation.

I'll definitely continue to participate in their auctions, hopefully with a little better luck though. lol

justinbittner220
08-15-2010, 02:18 PM
at least you got $100 credit. That should pay for the buyer's premium on whatever you buy. Surely, you'll see something in another auction.

emann
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
This is confusing me. :confused:

In the "My Account" section on their page it shows my bid as $666 (lol), but the next column over it shows the final bid as being the minimum of $500.

When I click on the item page it shows the item selling for 800+.

If it is any consolation, I was at the HOF auction live and remember the bid on that item (the auctioneer actually made a joke that it started at $666 on Friday the 13th). I believe that it went from your bid onto the phone bids and ended at what they recorded (like around $800)... It doesn't seem like the ideal setup for them to do an on-the-spot auction logistically, but it's pretty cool to have in the HOF.

nickacs
08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I just hate they did the HOF auction on weekday because my workplace filtered the 'live auction' piece so I couldn't get to it. Last year it was on a Saturday and was great.

Too bad, they would've had a lot of business from me! Oh well, their loss :cool:

Sonny25
08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I just hate they did the HOF auction on weekday because my workplace filtered the 'live auction' piece so I couldn't get to it. Last year it was on a Saturday and was great.

Too bad, they would've had a lot of business from me! Oh well, their loss :cool:

I thought it was odd doing it at 1pm on a Friday as well.

But I guess they didn't have much choice since the HOF Induction was moved ahead this year (Maybe because of World Championships next month?).