PDA

View Full Version : Roger Hornsby Game Used Bat On Ebay!!!

suave1477
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Hello members I thought I would post this here as I know there are quite a few vintage game used bat collectors on this forum.

Hope I helped someone get a little closer to adding to there collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rogers-Hornsby-Game-Used-Bat-Rite-Baseball-Bat-1920s_W0QQitemZ110011246239QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6059 6QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

worldchamps
07-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks for sharng this. That is a great bat I would love to have that in my collection....however does anyone else have a problem with items like this having authenication stickers on them?

I have a Dominque Wilkins game worn Spurs jersey, I sent it in to get autographed and they put a hologram on it....I immediatley peeled it off luckily it did not leave any residue.

Something modern I guess does seem so wrong but I think it looks tacky.....Babe Ruth balls do not need holograms. (That slogan would make a good bumper sticker or tee shirt)

Bill

skipcareyisfat
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks for sharng this. That is a great bat I would love to have that in my collection....however does anyone else have a problem with items like this having authenication stickers on them?

I have a Dominque Wilkins game worn Spurs jersey, I sent it in to get autographed and they put a hologram on it....I immediatley peeled it off luckily it did not leave any residue.

Something modern I guess does seem so wrong but I think it looks tacky.....Babe Ruth balls do not need holograms. (That slogan would make a good bumper sticker or tee shirt)

Bill

I completely agree. The last thing I want on my stuff is an advertisment. I bought a beautiful signed, g/u Dale Murphy bat last year from a small card shop near my house. After I paid for it, the guy at the shop proceeded to stick a hologram on it. It's a small store with little to no reputation oustide a few mile radius, and they rarely have g/u mem. They're your basic card and autograph dealer. Anyway, as soon as I got the bat home I scraped off the worthless hologram.