PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Cano Bat

Dach0sen0ne
08-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Any idea why this Cano bat went for so much? Just curious if I was missing something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250679415293&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

yankees506
08-15-2010, 11:40 AM
I would say it didnt and will prob be relisted, mead chasky cant sell his cano gamers for $250 so i doubt this was a legit auction

suave1477
08-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I would say it didnt and will prob be relisted, mead chasky cant sell his cano gamers for $250 so i doubt this was a legit auction

ill second this.

legaleagle92481
08-15-2010, 11:58 PM
probably more ebay shill bidding.

kylehess10
08-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Plus the ball marks come from minor league baseballs. A Cano gamer with minor league marks for $1225....don't think so

lakeerie92
08-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Plus the ball marks come from minor league baseballs. A Cano gamer with minor league marks for $1225....don't think so

The bat has been used in the majors, the only way those can be minor league marks is if they too used balls in BP. The bat was manufactured in 2007 and is signed as game used in 2008. Both seasons Cano spent the full season in the majors. The price is fake no doubt, but in my opinion the bat is legit. The marks aren't definitive enought to say MiLB or MLB.

legaleagle92481
08-16-2010, 04:40 PM
The bat has been used in the majors, the only way those can be minor league marks is if they too used balls in BP. The bat was manufactured in 2007 and is signed as game used in 2008. Both seasons Cano spent the full season in the majors. The price is fake no doubt, but in my opinion the bat is legit. The marks aren't definitive enought to say MiLB or MLB.

Agreed. Mead Chasky's holograms are on it Mead has an exclusive with Cano and I would be shocked if he passed off bad stuff. He has been in business forever other than price I have never heard anything bad about him.

lakeerie92
08-17-2010, 10:08 PM

Bingo. Someone must have said something already based on that last sentence.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBINSON-CANO-GAME-USED-2008-BAT-YANKEES-/250684429953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_500wt_1154

Fnazxc0114
08-18-2010, 01:18 AM
wonder if ebay would do anything about this. How bad do you guys think shil bidding is on ebay?

lowell25
08-18-2010, 10:37 AM
HEY GUYS THE CANO BAT IS RELISTED. THE BIDDING IS NOW AT $89 WITH 6 DAYS LEFT.:confused:

lakeerie92
08-18-2010, 03:32 PM
wonder if ebay would do anything about this. How bad do you guys think shil bidding is on ebay?

I don't think it is terrible. I just wait till the last minute to bid. That way if there is shill bidding it is over what I would pay and get relisted. If not I put in the amount I would pay and if I win it great, if not oh well. There really isn't much reason to bid early. Shill bidding is just dumb though. That is what a reserve is for. I once caught a guy doing it though and was able to prove it. I reported him to eBay and they did nothing.

yankees506
08-18-2010, 06:15 PM
I wont be bidding on this item and im a huge cano collector, terrible how shady things can be on ebay.

Dach0sen0ne
08-23-2010, 07:22 PM
It's back!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250684429953&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:VRI

Yankwood
08-24-2010, 03:55 AM
This is good. Now we'll get a good idea of how much his bats are really valued. After his so so season, over a hundred of these came on auction sights and got not even a sniff no matter what the price. As soon as he started out really hot this year, they disappeared for awhile and now everyone wants $500 roughly to BIN...still no takers. This bat might be a good gauge as to what people think they're worth.

suave1477
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
This is good. Now we'll get a good idea of how much his bats are really valued. After his so so season, over a hundred of these came on auction sights and got not even a sniff no matter what the price. As soon as he started out really hot this year, they disappeared for awhile and now everyone wants $500 roughly to BIN...still no takers. This bat might be a good gauge as to what people think they're worth.

I would think we already know what they are worth since his bats have been selling for a couple of years now.

suave1477
08-24-2010, 09:03 AM

Were you serious about that comment?

His season has been nothing of so so.

ba 309 / hr's 25 / rbi's 87

Not too shabby for a guy who from the begining was expected to be a 290 to 300 ba player not to mention someone who wasnt expected to have a lot of power and average at most 20 home runs.

Yankwood
08-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I really don't want to repeat what I just wrote word for word. I thought it was pretty clear. A couple years ago when the Yanks were discussing possibly trying to trade him and his stock dropped, his bats did nothing. Now that he is having a fantastic year, it is normal to see sellers offering his bats at 400 and 500+ and no takers. Now, in an actual auction, maybe we can see where he realistically falls.

yankees506
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I wasnt gonna bid on this item due to the previous action but i could not help myself, i just placed my bid at what i think the bat is worth, if someone outbids me ill think they overpaid....... we will see

Dach0sen0ne
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I wasnt gonna bid on this item due to the previous action but i could not help myself, i just placed my bid at what i think the bat is worth, if someone outbids me ill think they overpaid....... we will see

Hope you win, it's a sweet looking bat. Plus Cano is one of my favorites.

suave1477
08-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I really don't want to repeat what I just wrote word for word. I thought it was pretty clear. A couple years ago when the Yanks were discussing possibly trying to trade him and his stock dropped, his bats did nothing. Now that he is having a fantastic year, it is normal to see sellers offering his bats at 400 and 500+ and no takers. Now, in an actual auction, maybe we can see where he realistically falls.

Rumors go around every year of a possible trade. That's not why his stock dropped. He would still be the player who he is on whatever team he goes too. It waqs just the hype was starting to die down. And at that point his "Agent" started marketing his stuff out to the public. Obvioulsy providing more supply to the demand.

Sellers have always offered his bats for in the $400 to $500 range hoping the gullible buyer will come along and buy it.

His bats have always sold in ebay auctions depending on the use of course anywhere from $150 to $250.

I was actually selling one about 6 months ago for somewhere around $225

(also not sure what you mean by "now that he is having a fantastic year" He had a fantastic year also with BA 320 Hr 25 RBI 85