PDA

View Full Version : Can you contact auction house consigner?

Krsoneus
08-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I was looking at Mile High Card Co last auction that ended in June. I never knew about this auction so I guess I missed out.. But I saw that there were some items that I liked that did not get the minimum bid so they were unsold. At the bottom of these two unsold listings it said that the item was unsold and available for sale and to contact the company regarding purchase.
The two items that I was interested in was a 1994 Rafael Palmeiro jersey and a 2000 Sammy Sosa jersey and I am still intersted in both. I called a spoke with someone last friday who said the person I would need to talk to was on another phone call, but the jerseys were probably sent back to the consigner anyways. They said they would call me back when he got off the other line, but I never received a return call. I then sent an email reminder about my offer to purchase, and never received a reply to that email either. I called again today, and spoke with Ben who said that the jerseys were returned to the consigner. When I again asked if they could still be available, he said no, they were returned. When I asked did they recently ask if he wants to sell them, he said no, he just wanted the jerseys back..
I feel like they arent really trying to make a sale happen, and really dont seem to be to concerned with any of it. Is this because the sale wouldnt be conducted in their auction format? If I could get the guys contact info at least I could try to negotiate with him for the jerseys, but they seem to just want to kill the issue without giving me the guys info, or trying to negotiate a sale for me. Does anybody think there is anything else I could do to try to contact the owner of the jerseys? Thanks, Kevin

karamaxjoe
08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
I feel like they arent really trying to make a sale happen, and really dont seem to be to concerned with any of it.

They aren't concerned about it since they are not making any money on a deal outside the auction.

Your only chance of making a deal for the jerseys is if Mile High will pass your contact information onto the consigner. They will definetly not give you the consigners contact information.

Krsoneus
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I understand that, but when I sent my offer to the auction house of what I wanted to offer the seller for the jerseys, I included a buyers premium % as if I was still buying it from one of their auctions that would go the auction house. Still no help..