PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please!! - Jordan & Pippen Auto's - Legit?

TriplexXxSports
08-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I have a friend of mine that asked me to take a look at these autos and give my opinion. Problem is, I DON'T DO BASKETBALL. I know some of you fellas on here are quite familiar with Jordan and Pippen auto's, so I ask....

What do you think....?

Thanks in advance,

STLHAMMER32
08-16-2010, 07:32 PM
In my opinion these are not authentic.

TriplexXxSports
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
In my opinion these are not authentic.

On what basis do you draw that conclusion?

spartakid
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
The Jordan doesn't sit well with me. If you compare it to the ones on ebay, the last name especially looks different.

yankees506
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
no way jose, i have 3 jordan autos, 2 ud and one psa, no chance this is real, terrible forgery.

P.S. this thread belongs in the autograph forum

legaleagle92481
08-16-2010, 09:42 PM
A few points. This pic is limited edition number 1758 of 5000. Jordan has only done signings with UDA noone else has ever done a paid or mass signing with him. This is NOT a uda product so unless Jordan signed 5000 pics for some guy in a random encounter that right there tells you the item is fake. The sigs in themselves are not very good forgeries but the limited edition factor makes evaulating them unnecessary.

LWMM
08-16-2010, 10:28 PM
A few points. This pic is limited edition number 1758 of 5000. Jordan has only done signings with UDA noone else has ever done a paid or mass signing with him. This is NOT a uda product so unless Jordan signed 5000 pics for some guy in a random encounter that right there tells you the item is fake. The sigs in themselves are not very good forgeries but the limited edition factor makes evaulating them unnecessary.

Not that it is in any way likely, but the 1758/5000 could refer to a mass Pippen signing, with the Jordan autograph added later in person.

TriplexXxSports
08-17-2010, 05:14 AM
Not that it is in any way likely, but the 1758/5000 could refer to a mass Pippen signing, with the Jordan autograph added later in person.

....Or the photographer only released the rights to copy 5000 prints of this particular picture. Then after someone bought the copy, they decided to have it signed....

The difference in ink color tells me that the pic itself is limited, not the auto.

mbrieve
08-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Both signatures are bad. Really, not even close. Your friend could always put it up on eBay and get a PSA/DNA quick opinion, but I will guarantee that it will not pass.

nycpropain
08-17-2010, 10:42 AM
....Or the photographer only released the rights to copy 5000 prints of this particular picture. Then after someone bought the copy, they decided to have it signed....

The difference in ink color tells me that the pic itself is limited, not the auto.

Those autos are amateur fakes at best. There is NO DOUBT those are not either players autograph.

trsent
08-17-2010, 12:24 PM

I don't think there ever was a mass Pippen signing. Our largest signing with him was about 800 signatures back in the 1990's.

I think the number, whatever it is for, just confuses the issues because no one does a limited edition of 5000 signed photos. I would guess this is an unlicensed photo (I don't see any licensing on the front of the photo) and someone tried to make it look like an edition that is so high who would care?