PDA

View Full Version : How reputable is "ZaneBats" on E-bay?

BrewCrewSackers
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Anyone ever wonder where they get their game issued bats??? They just listed a bunch made last month. Are these samples from the LS factory?? I hate this, so many people buy these bats and fake "use" them.

cincy13
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
"They" is actually one guy named Zane. He goes to alot of shows and other venues to buy bats. He's bought off of me before. He's a hard worker, been around a long time.

BrewCrewSackers
04-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I just find it strange that these bats can be made for a player and then be in Zane's hands a couple weeks after it's made. I doubt they even make it to a team or player. Which makes those bats waaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.

brianborsch
04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope game issued bats still sell as that is what I collect. I like them better than game used. True people can fake them, but they can fake anything. Nothing is safe...

Billy77
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Anyone deal with these guys. Trying to ask some real easy questions about bats they are auctioning and they seem to get pissed when and if they do answer you. Looks like really nice stuff though. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

snakejr77@yahoo.com

brianborsch
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey Brew guy, thanks by the way for the heads up. I managed to pick up the game issued Evan Longoria bat from 2010. That is exactly what I was looking for (as I have one from 2008 and 2009). I am trying to collect one (or more) from each year for his whole career.

Cheers!

Masimen
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Zanebats is Zane Burns. He has been in the Bat Biz forever and a day. Alot of his inventory seems to be issued bats. I have dealt with him a couple times over the last dozen or so years. Never really had an issue. Sorry it isn't going so smooth for you.

3arod13
04-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone deal with these guys. Trying to ask some real easy questions about bats they are auctioning and they seem to get pissed when and if they do answer you. Looks like really nice stuff though. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

snakejr77@yahoo.com

From my own personal experience, he doesn't like being questioned at all. He can get very nasty.

Regards, Tony

Rboitano
04-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I have dealt with Zane a number of times. He is a good person and has a lot of nice items. I have never had an issue with him or his items.
Robert

brianborsch
04-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I too will vouch for Zane. I have purchased a few bats with no issues. Bats are as described. He gets some nice ones!

Eurostar09
04-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Asked some questions on a high priced item that was up for auction. Got back to me very quickly with all the info I needed on the bat during the auction. Won auction at a great low price & then the bat magically disappeared after I paid for it. Refunded payment a week latter after he got back in town & was done searching for it. Take it for what you will.

sportscentury
04-03-2010, 02:43 AM
From my own personal experience, he doesn't like being questioned at all. He can get very nasty.

Regards, Tony

+1

murfsteve25
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I've also purchased from Zane. He is a little on the slow side when it comes to replying back to emails. Very short responses when he does reply tho.

gorilla777
04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice bats available, but BIN prices are way too high typically

FastLane80
04-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Nice bats available, but BIN prices are way too high typicallyAgreed. He buys bats from other auctions (including eBay) and tries to resell them for more than double what he paid for them. How do I know? I've been barely outbid a few times and then the same bat I bid on ends up on eBay. Normally wouldn't mind but I may be just a little bitter he was willing to spend more. It's all good but if he wasn't around, I'd have a few more bats :p

Does anyone else notice how new some of his bats from the 40s look? Just an observation.

Despite all of that, he does usually provide enough information and pictures in his descriptions to help me decide on whether or not I want a bat. I have bid on some of his auctions and will continue to do so. If something's questionable, I just won't bid on it.

33bird
04-05-2010, 09:22 PM
What's wrong with buying bats in other arenas and trying to re-sell them for more? I think we all like to do that. I've gotten a lot of nice bats from Zane. AND, if you email him and make an offer you can usually get them for a lot cheaper than what he lists them for on ebay. Just my 2 cents.

flaco1801
04-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I've never purchased anything from Zane, but this i know..id rather take a chance with him than ANY auction house...

FastLane80
04-06-2010, 11:32 PM
What's wrong with buying bats in other arenas and trying to re-sell them for more? I think we all like to do that. I've gotten a lot of nice bats from Zane. AND, if you email him and make an offer you can usually get them for a lot cheaper than what he lists them for on ebay. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. He buys bats from other auctions (including eBay) and tries to resell them for more than double what he paid for them. How do I know? I've been barely outbid a few times and then the same bat I bid on ends up on eBay. Normally wouldn't mind but I may be just a little bitter he was willing to spend more. It's all good but if he wasn't around, I'd have a few more bats :p;)

Mark17
04-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I've bought at least a dozen bats from Zane the past 5 years and had no problems at all. His offerings on ebay are a mixture of game used, team issued, HOF commemorative bats, store models, and so on, so read the descriptions and study the pictures.

He also has other cool stuff, besides bats. I got a Vic Power flannel Twins shirt from him a few months ago.

Several months ago he started listing some bats with high buy-it-now prices, like Tom Matchick and Wayne Comer at $2000 each, and I'm not sure if that strategy is working for him.

If he lists an item on ebay and it doesn't sell, it's always a good idea to email him with an offer. He takes into consideration the saving of ebay and PayPal fees, so for example, if a bat doesn't get bids at $400, he might sell it for $300 if you pay by money order or check, since he's saving fees. Or, he may counter-offer $350.

Anyway, I've had some success doing that. He's a nice guy. Short answers, but to the point. I check his listings weekly.

redoctober
04-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Zane has been great to buy from in my experience, FWIW.

Neal
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Zane has been great to buy from in my experience, FWIW.

+1

kmt1771
06-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Can you trust these guys with giving you authentic bats? Are their bats actually game used or are most just taken straight off the rack and never used?

Kevin

mplsvol
08-17-2010, 03:17 PM
http://myworld.ebay.com/zanebats/

Anyone can you please let me know your thoughts on this guys items? Reputable?

Thanks much for any insight!

FanofGriffey3
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I know I am a little late to the party.. But here's my 2 cents about Zane. I met him at the Philly show a couple of years ago, he seemed like an okay guy, but was kind of vague when I asked him were he gets his bats from. Maybe he just didn't want to share his sources. Wish I could help more.

Rboitano
08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I have bought several bats from Zane, he has a lot of nice bats and jerseys. He always shipped fast and everything was as described.

sox83cubs84
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Several months ago he started listing some bats with high buy-it-now prices, like Tom Matchick and Wayne Comer at $2000 each, and I'm not sure if that strategy is working for him.
[/quote]

That's a sales strategy I first saw Dave Bushing use when I was with MEARS. He paid premiums for common player bats from popular teams and often got what some wpould think to be an inflated price, though the buyers were happy enough. Matchick was a 1968 Tiger (World Champs) and Comer was with the 1969 Seatlle Pilots (single-year MLB team) so those would fall into that category.

Dave Miedema

JETEFAN
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
It doesn't matter where Zane gets his bats, his sources are his buisness. Bottom line is when he tells you it's a rack, that's what it is and when he tells you it's a gamer that's what it is. Zane has been in the biz for many years and I have never had any issues whatsoever with Zane. He is a great person and has always gone out of his way to try and help me with any questions I have had. Hope this helps

George

kmantm64
08-19-2010, 11:26 PM
He has a Jamal Lewis 2001 Game Used jersey except Lewis missed the entire 2001 season. I hate being overly critical of people, but that's a pretty big misrepresentation.

lakeerie92
08-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I hope he is just listing someone else's bat and using his rep to get more money for it and charge the guy a fee. Otherwise this is just bad business.

TwiggyBlew:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140443059812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Zanebats:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Heyward-H-B-M9-Maple-Game-Bat-Atlanta-Braves-/190434698975?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop

Mark17
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
I hope he is just listing someone else's bat and using his rep to get more money for it and charge the guy a fee. Otherwise this is just bad business.

TwiggyBlew:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140443059812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Zanebats:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Heyward-H-B-M9-Maple-Game-Bat-Atlanta-Braves-/190434698975?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop

Both sellers from Brentwood, TN.

BU54CB
08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
He has a Jamal Lewis 2001 Game Used jersey except Lewis missed the entire 2001 season. I hate being overly critical of people, but that's a pretty big misrepresentation.

While his characterization of the jersey as a 2001 game jersey is incorrect, the tag on the inside of the jersey at the neck doesn't always indicate the jersey was used that particular season. If a team recycles their jerseys, the tag won't always coincide with its current use.

BU54CB
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
While his characterization of the jersey as a 2001 game jersey is incorrect, the tag on the inside of the jersey at the neck doesn't always indicate the jersey was used that particular season. If a team recycles their jerseys, the tag won't always coincide with its current use.

Sorry, I meant to say that the tag doesn't always indicate the jersey was used just for that season. A jersey could have been put into use in 2007 and worn by several players over several seasons, the tag would still say 07-50 to indicate the year it was first used.

kmantm64
08-26-2010, 12:19 PM
That's true in a lot of cases, but in this case, Jamal Lewis never wore the full name jersey in a game in any year. He wore "JA. LEWIS" in 2000 when Jermaine Lewis was on the team and decided to use his whole name in 2001. By 2002, Jermaine was gone and he went to "J LEWIS".

Dach0sen0ne
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Zanebats just listed a bunch of nice bats on Ebay. I wish I hit the Powerball. :D

http://stores.ebay.com/Zanebats

justinbittner220
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe someone else can comment on this, but here is one of my theories on zanebats. I was told that for the pink mother's day bats, that players are sent 2 samples from each company and that they choose which company that they want to use for whatever games. I have been told, not to slander anyone, but q3clippers for example, has gotten his hands on some of the pink bats that Vlad Guerrero never used and called them game issued. Even though they were issued, they were never in the dugout. Does Zanebats get alot of game issued bats that were sent to players but were never in games? As in some guys only use m9 bats, and zanebats is selling marucci bats with those players names on them? This is just a thought that I thought I'd throw out there. I could be completely way off. I think Zane has incredible items and is great to deal with, but I just thought that maybe this idea fit some of the items.

BMH
09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
For pink bats, we go through each roster and pick the guys who have been loyal and usually the guys with contracts. Most players don't know they're being sent pink bats until they get there the week before. We've had some pissed off players because we didn't send them any. Also, depending on the player they will get more than two bats. Anyway, you might have two or three companies sending the same player bats.