Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrewCrewSackers
    • Jul 2009

How reputable is "ZaneBats" on E-bay?

Anyone ever wonder where they get their game issued bats??? They just listed a bunch made last month. Are these samples from the LS factory?? I hate this, so many people buy these bats and fake "use" them.
  • cincy13
    • May 2007

Re: Zanebats on Ebay???

"They" is actually one guy named Zane. He goes to alot of shows and other venues to buy bats. He's bought off of me before. He's a hard worker, been around a long time.

Comment

• BrewCrewSackers
      • Jul 2009

I just find it strange that these bats can be made for a player and then be in Zane's hands a couple weeks after it's made. I doubt they even make it to a team or player. Which makes those bats waaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.

Comment

• brianborsch
        • Dec 2005

I hope game issued bats still sell as that is what I collect. I like them better than game used. True people can fake them, but they can fake anything. Nothing is safe...

Comment

• Billy77
          • Mar 2010

ZaneBats on ebay...

Anyone deal with these guys. Trying to ask some real easy questions about bats they are auctioning and they seem to get pissed when and if they do answer you. Looks like really nice stuff though. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

snakejr77@yahoo.com

Comment

• brianborsch
            • Dec 2005

Hey Brew guy, thanks by the way for the heads up. I managed to pick up the game issued Evan Longoria bat from 2010. That is exactly what I was looking for (as I have one from 2008 and 2009). I am trying to collect one (or more) from each year for his whole career.

Cheers!

Comment

• Masimen
              • Jun 2008

Re: ZaneBats on ebay...

Zanebats is Zane Burns. He has been in the Bat Biz forever and a day. Alot of his inventory seems to be issued bats. I have dealt with him a couple times over the last dozen or so years. Never really had an issue. Sorry it isn't going so smooth for you.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Billy77
                Anyone deal with these guys. Trying to ask some real easy questions about bats they are auctioning and they seem to get pissed when and if they do answer you. Looks like really nice stuff though. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

snakejr77@yahoo.com
                From my own personal experience, he doesn't like being questioned at all. He can get very nasty.

Regards, Tony
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Rboitano
                  • Nov 2005

I have dealt with Zane a number of times. He is a good person and has a lot of nice items. I have never had an issue with him or his items.
                  Robert

Comment

• brianborsch
                    • Dec 2005

I too will vouch for Zane. I have purchased a few bats with no issues. Bats are as described. He gets some nice ones!

Comment

• Eurostar09
                      • Apr 2008

Asked some questions on a high priced item that was up for auction. Got back to me very quickly with all the info I needed on the bat during the auction. Won auction at a great low price & then the bat magically disappeared after I paid for it. Refunded payment a week latter after he got back in town & was done searching for it. Take it for what you will.

Comment

• sportscentury
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
                        From my own personal experience, he doesn't like being questioned at all. He can get very nasty.

Regards, Tony
                        +1
                        Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                          • Oct 2008

I've also purchased from Zane. He is a little on the slow side when it comes to replying back to emails. Very short responses when he does reply tho.
                          Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• gorilla777
                            • Aug 2009

Nice bats available, but BIN prices are way too high typically

Comment

• FastLane80
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by gorilla777
                              Nice bats available, but BIN prices are way too high typically
                              Agreed. He buys bats from other auctions (including eBay) and tries to resell them for more than double what he paid for them. How do I know? I've been barely outbid a few times and then the same bat I bid on ends up on eBay. Normally wouldn't mind but I may be just a little bitter he was willing to spend more. It's all good but if he wasn't around, I'd have a few more bats

Does anyone else notice how new some of his bats from the 40s look? Just an observation.

Despite all of that, he does usually provide enough information and pictures in his descriptions to help me decide on whether or not I want a bat. I have bid on some of his auctions and will continue to do so. If something's questionable, I just won't bid on it.

Comment

Working...