PDA

View Full Version : Grace Rookie Jersey

bogey
08-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey Guys:

Interested in your thoughts on the Mark Grace rookie jersey on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180546931423&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

rj_lucas
08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Not gonna happen at that price IMO.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

sox83cubs84
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Not gonna happen at that price IMO.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

You might be right...sad to say, though, Grace's GU jerseys being sold in the Chicago area are all way overpriced, due to his local popularity. One dealer has had an early 1990's GU road Grace in his shop for $2,300...to my knowledge not only has he not sold it, he hasn't even dropped the price, and it' s been over 10 years.

Dave Miedema

BIGSTIG
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
There is something about this jersey. This is the same seller on craigslist that had a whole collection of Cubs stuff for sale for llike 15K. I personally have not seen this jersey, but a fellow member here has (maybe he will comment). I am told the number was moved up or down about an inch (I cant remember), and there are noticable stitch marks. I just wonder why that is not mentioned in the listing.

That being said if it were a 100% no questions asked Grace rookie, I would gladly pay 2K for it...prob even 2500 or so.

In my personal advice, I would stay away from it...just doesnt sit right with me.

This is in no way stating anything bad about the seller, I have not had much success dealing with him. I have seen a lot from his collection that was great, and some that just didnt make the cut.

BIGSTIG
08-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Dave,

Who is the dealer with the early 90s Grace road??

Nick

R.Mansfield
08-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I am by no means a expert in jersey's/Cubs/Grace ect. ect., but just basing this style jersey against Grace's RC's of this era, shows a difference in the sleeves. I noted on Grace's 88 Fleer and Donruss cards, the sleeves are blue and white, no red.

I am just curious if the jersey's he wore as shown on the cards are from ST, 87, Minor League? Just curious.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net

sox83cubs84
08-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I am by no means a expert in jersey's/Cubs/Grace ect. ect., but just basing this style jersey against Grace's RC's of this era, shows a difference in the sleeves. I noted on Grace's 88 Fleer and Donruss cards, the sleeves are blue and white, no red.

I am just curious if the jersey's he wore as shown on the cards are from ST, 87, Minor League? Just curious.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net

Russ:

Blue and white sleeve stripes are the BP jerseys...a look at Rafael Palmiero's 1989 Donruss card (1988 photo) shows a game jersey with red and white sleeve tips and the Rawlings sleeve logo on the white stripe.

Bigstig's point is good, though...if there is an alteration in the location of the numbers, the photos wouldn't be likely to show it. It's even possible that the seller never noticed it himself.

BigStig:

I will email you privately on Thursday regarding your question.