PDA

View Full Version : Worth on game used Batting Glove, Basketball Shoe, or Cleat...(Not a pair of them, just a single one)

AutographAddiction
08-20-2010, 12:06 AM
What are your personal thoughts on the worth or value of a game used single glove, shoe or cleat. We all know a pair is worth more, but how value does it lose when it is only a single, not a pair? If it's for your personal collection, then theres no problem if you have a connection with the player. But if you ever want to sell it again, is it a good investment? Your thoughts please...

yankees506
08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I dont have any problems buying "single" item, tho i know other collectors that wont touch items unless they are paired. In terms on "investment" for true collectors its not about investing, collect what you like not what you think you can profit on, if you meant will it retain its value, then that all depends on the price you get it at. For instance if you buy a single arod gu batting glove for $400 you will never see that money again, but if you get that same glove for $100 then it it will retain its value.

Fnazxc0114
08-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Ive bought single batting gloves in the past just because i think they look better framed. As far as cleats i would never buy just one cleat. To each their own.

AutographAddiction
08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Just wanted to see what everyone thought. I saw an ebayer who has close to a hundred ebay auctions for one GU shoe each. I wonder what he does with the others...