PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Rookie Jersey

hblakewolf
07-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Forum Readers:

I could not help but notice this "Griffey Rookie" jersey currently being offered:
http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=71673844&prmenbr=57735959&a unbr=72020554 (http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=71673844&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=72020554)

Not only is it the incorrect size (I don't think Griffey has worn a size 40 since high school!), the description about him having "JR." on the back is even better! Griffey did not wear Jr. on the back of his shirts with the Mariners, in 1989, 1990.....EVER!

How about the Rawlings tag? 1989 shirt with a 1990+ tag.

Regardless, rest easy as it does have a rock solid LOA!

As I always say, do your own homework and wipe your rear with the LOA's.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
07-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Howard have you notified Vintage about this? If so what was there response?

amex46
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
VA had an identical griffey jersey to the one they are offering now about a year ago and it was pulled becuase it was a "score board jersey" SB did a signing with him and his dad with GI jerseys and signed them in the exact same spot as they are on this jersey...griffey was a size 44 his rookie year FYI..take it for what its worth i guess

hblakewolf
07-27-2006, 01:10 PM
As of today, my concern about this jersey in an email has produced no reply from the auction house.

Let the Buyer Beware (or in this case, be had!)

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

hblakewolf
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Forum Readers-
Vintage Owner Steve Jenson just called me about the Griffey jersey in question. He said that he measured it, and although it has a Rawlings tag indicating it is size 40, it actually measures to a size 48.

Steve was very clear in his explanation about his companies reputation, and as such, said he is pulling it immediately from the auction. Regardless of any LOA or opinions from others, he said he is aware of his excellent reputation in the industry and desires to maintain this, thus, the removal of the jersey.

Personally, I'm very impressed with Vintage and their response to this and other issues that have been surfaced in the past. When I have sent emails to them in the past, they have been answered within hours or in this case, a personal phone call follows. From previous posts about other auction houses, this does not appear to be the norm.

Hats off the Steve and Vintage for not only being accountable, but also taking the high road on issues of authenticity.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

stkmtimo
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Forum Readers-
Vintage Owner Steve Jenson just called me about the Griffey jersey in question. He said that he measured it, and although it has a Rawlings tag indicating it is size 40, it actually measures to a size 48.

Steve was very clear in his explanation about his companies reputation, and as such, said he is pulling it immediately from the auction. Regardless of any LOA or opinions from others, he said he is aware of his excellent reputation in the industry and desires to maintain this, thus, the removal of the jersey.

Personally, I'm very impressed with Vintage and their response to this and other issues that have been surfaced in the past. When I have sent emails to them in the past, they have been answered within hours or in this case, a personal phone call follows. From previous posts about other auction houses, this does not appear to be the norm.

Hats off the Steve and Vintage for not only being accountable, but also taking the high road on issues of authenticity.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net (hblakewolf@patmedia.net)

Howard, I agree 100%. VA has been nothing but professional in my dealings with them. I have enjoyed the items I have purchased from their auction house and will do more business with them in the future. I know that the lines of communication are always open with them as well.

Tim