PDA

View Full Version : Ot: How Did This Arod Item Survive 17 Years???

yankees506
08-23-2010, 06:13 PM
This isnt a gu item but i wouldnt have posted it if i didint think i needed help with it (also no1 visits the autograph portion of the site). This is a recent pick up of mine and i want some opinions, it as a signed and dated pre rookie alex rodriguez signed ball (dated 8/21/1993) (coincidence on the date.) That would mean alex had just turned 18 when he signed it! I know it appears to be a correct early arod sig, but i have no idea of the value or how rare it is, thanks for any and all opinions

joelsabi
08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
This isnt a gu item but i wouldnt have posted it if i didint think i needed help with it (also no1 visits the autograph portion of the site). This is a recent pick up of mine and i want some opinions, it as a signed and dated pre rookie alex rodriguez signed ball (dated 8/21/1993) (coincidence on the date.) That would mean alex had just turned 18 when he signed it! I know it appears to be a correct early arod sig, but i have no idea of the value or how rare it is, thanks for any and all opinions

I have a similar baseball from 1993 that is dated and from Coach Hoffman's collection. Its a Wilson A1010 baseball. I think its pretty rare. I do not know the significance of the date on your ball. It is a week before he signed with the Mariners. Very cool. The downside on the baseball is that its not on an official baseball which, imho, hurts its value. Regardless its a great baseball i think.

On its condition. the best person to ask is the person you bought it from. Alex Rodriguez was a phenom in Miami so I can imagine someone keeping the baseball for this long of a time and taking care of it, which seems like the case of your baseball. Where did you get get?

Email me if it needs a new home. ;)

yankees506
08-23-2010, 06:49 PM
I have a similar baseball from 1993 that is dated and from Coach Hoffman's collection. Its a Wilson A1010 baseball. I think its pretty rare.
On its condition. the best person to ask is the person you bought it from. Alex Rodriguez was a phenom in Miami so I can imagine someone keeping the baseball for this long of a time and taking care of it, which seems like the case of your baseball. Where did you get get?

Email me if it needs a new home. ;)

I knew you would be the first to reply Joel, and i dont know why im not shocked that you would want it ;). On where i got it from, i was checking ebay and spotted the ball and contacted the seller and made an offer that he accepted. I was shocked at the condition, and for some reason im afraid i wont be able to keep it in such good shape. Oh and for now, it has a very comfy home, though if the time ever comes, the transition to yours would be seamless.

joelsabi
08-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I knew you would be the first to reply Joel, and i dont know why im not shocked that you would want it ;). On where i got it from, i was checking ebay and spotted the ball and contacted the seller and made an offer that he accepted. I was shocked at the condition, and for some reason im afraid i wont be able to keep it in such good shape. Oh and for now, it has a very comfy home, though if the time ever comes, the transition to yours would be seamless.

I see the listing. Nice. 26 views only. Must have been a nice offer.

Its funny but i have a period too after the date. It must have been a trademark from this time period. Name , Uniform # , today's date.

Enjoy the baseball! Nice find.

Dach0sen0ne
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Totally not related: Javy Lopez hits his first major league homerun on August 21, 1993 off of Shawn Boskie. :D

legaleagle92481
08-24-2010, 08:42 AM
IMO the fact that it is not a major league ball does not hurt its value. AROD was not a professional at the time it was signed. I doubt you would find an MLB ball signed by him from that time period. To keep it in shape, don't display it or handle it outside a ball cube. Store it in a ball cube inside a ballcube box at normal room temperture. It works I lost alot of graphs due to the sun, room light and the oils from my hand over the years but I started doing this and the balls years later look as pristine as when they were signed.

Fnazxc0114
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
The first auto i ever got was on one of those wilson balls. Its a mantle and has held up just as well as any of the other autos i have. I think i got it about 21 years ago.