Ot: How Did This Arod Item Survive 17 Years???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yankees506
    • Apr 2010

Ot: How Did This Arod Item Survive 17 Years???

This isnt a gu item but i wouldnt have posted it if i didint think i needed help with it (also no1 visits the autograph portion of the site). This is a recent pick up of mine and i want some opinions, it as a signed and dated pre rookie alex rodriguez signed ball (dated 8/21/1993) (coincidence on the date.) That would mean alex had just turned 18 when he signed it! I know it appears to be a correct early arod sig, but i have no idea of the value or how rare it is, thanks for any and all opinions
    Attached Files
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: Ot: How Did This Arod Item Survive 17 Years???

Originally posted by yankees506
    This isnt a gu item but i wouldnt have posted it if i didint think i needed help with it (also no1 visits the autograph portion of the site). This is a recent pick up of mine and i want some opinions, it as a signed and dated pre rookie alex rodriguez signed ball (dated 8/21/1993) (coincidence on the date.) That would mean alex had just turned 18 when he signed it! I know it appears to be a correct early arod sig, but i have no idea of the value or how rare it is, thanks for any and all opinions
    I have a similar baseball from 1993 that is dated and from Coach Hoffman's collection. Its a Wilson A1010 baseball. I think its pretty rare. I do not know the significance of the date on your ball. It is a week before he signed with the Mariners. Very cool. The downside on the baseball is that its not on an official baseball which, imho, hurts its value. Regardless its a great baseball i think.

On its condition. the best person to ask is the person you bought it from. Alex Rodriguez was a phenom in Miami so I can imagine someone keeping the baseball for this long of a time and taking care of it, which seems like the case of your baseball. Where did you get get?

Email me if it needs a new home.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• yankees506
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by joelsabi
      I have a similar baseball from 1993 that is dated and from Coach Hoffman's collection. Its a Wilson A1010 baseball. I think its pretty rare.
      On its condition. the best person to ask is the person you bought it from. Alex Rodriguez was a phenom in Miami so I can imagine someone keeping the baseball for this long of a time and taking care of it, which seems like the case of your baseball. Where did you get get?

Email me if it needs a new home.
      I knew you would be the first to reply Joel, and i dont know why im not shocked that you would want it . On where i got it from, i was checking ebay and spotted the ball and contacted the seller and made an offer that he accepted. I was shocked at the condition, and for some reason im afraid i wont be able to keep it in such good shape. Oh and for now, it has a very comfy home, though if the time ever comes, the transition to yours would be seamless.

Comment

• joelsabi
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by yankees506
        I knew you would be the first to reply Joel, and i dont know why im not shocked that you would want it . On where i got it from, i was checking ebay and spotted the ball and contacted the seller and made an offer that he accepted. I was shocked at the condition, and for some reason im afraid i wont be able to keep it in such good shape. Oh and for now, it has a very comfy home, though if the time ever comes, the transition to yours would be seamless.
        I see the listing. Nice. 26 views only. Must have been a nice offer.

Its funny but i have a period too after the date. It must have been a trademark from this time period. Name , Uniform # , today's date.

Enjoy the baseball! Nice find.
        Regards,
        Joel S.
        joelsabi @ gmail.com
        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
          • Jul 2010

Totally not related: Javy Lopez hits his first major league homerun on August 21, 1993 off of Shawn Boskie.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

IMO the fact that it is not a major league ball does not hurt its value. AROD was not a professional at the time it was signed. I doubt you would find an MLB ball signed by him from that time period. To keep it in shape, don't display it or handle it outside a ball cube. Store it in a ball cube inside a ballcube box at normal room temperture. It works I lost alot of graphs due to the sun, room light and the oils from my hand over the years but I started doing this and the balls years later look as pristine as when they were signed.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
              • Aug 2007

The first auto i ever got was on one of those wilson balls. Its a mantle and has held up just as well as any of the other autos i have. I think i got it about 21 years ago.
              Baseball do what it do
              -Ron Washington

Comment

Working...