PDA

View Full Version : My biggest pet peeve...

kylehess10
08-25-2010, 01:11 AM
As I'm sure is the same for a lot of other members too...

http://shop.ebay.com/jeffredsfan/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

jetersbatboy
08-25-2010, 02:05 AM
It could of bin worse! She could have bin a he, around 300+pounds, hairy, no shirt, sweaty, and smoking a big fat cigar!!;)

nickacs
08-25-2010, 08:29 AM
And sittin' on the pot taking a dookie, like that one Ebay idiot does.. Draping his jerseys on the toilet :confused: :rolleyes: WTF is wrong with people

AWA85
08-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Which one of you is going to buy one of the jerseys and throw a fit that she didn't come with the purchase????

intheminors
08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
I hate that too... Really gets under my skin...

Anyone want to buy my Dodgers jersey?

Dach0sen0ne
08-25-2010, 09:56 AM

I might be interested in the game used heels, if they're my size.

nickacs
08-25-2010, 10:15 AM

Now I'll buy that for a dollar :D

suave1477
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I might be interested in the game used heels, if they're my size.

At least the heels are color coordinated to the #25.:D

But ok im going to ask the dumb question. Who is she?

BULBUS
08-25-2010, 10:26 AM
At least the heels are color coordinated to the #25.:D

But ok im going to ask the dumb question. Who is she?

Thats one of the Kardashian sisters, Kim I think.

What, you don't watch keeping up with the Kardashians:confused::D

David
08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
It's not a pet peeve, but I'm not fond of the practice.

sox83cubs84
08-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Speaking of....does AMI still have the bimbo brigade wearing 2,000 jerseys in photos? I haven't gotten a catalog in a few years...just curious.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
08-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Speaking of....does AMI still have the bimbo brigade wearing 2,000 jerseys in photos? I haven't gotten a catalog in a few years...just curious.

Dave Miedema
That should read $2000 jerseys

DM

kylehess10
08-26-2010, 03:01 AM
So I sent the seller an e-mail saying how a lot of collector's feel that it can destroy the value of a piece if they see people showcasing it on their own backs for their auctions and in part of the long response back, he said:

"I've been collecting jerseys since the mid 70's and have worn many, many jerseys to shows. Star jerseys, such as Rose, Morgan, Walter Payton, etc.,"

:eek:

David
08-26-2010, 03:07 AM
She's wearing clothes underneath at least. There was one woman who was wearing at most underwear under the baseball jerseys. She was good looking, but still.

jetersbatboy
08-26-2010, 04:45 AM
So I sent the seller an e-mail saying how a lot of collector's feel that it can destroy the value of a piece if they see people showcasing it on their own backs for their auctions and in part of the long response:eek:

I emailed him also, but I asked if the girl was included!!;)

No I didn't!!!!! That would just bin bad, but funny!!!

joelsabi
08-26-2010, 09:07 AM
So I sent the seller an e-mail saying how a lot of collector's feel that it can destroy the value of a piece if they see people showcasing it on their own backs for their auctions and in part of the long response back, he said:

"I've been collecting jerseys since the mid 70's and have worn many, many jerseys to shows. Star jerseys, such as Rose, Morgan, Walter Payton, etc.,"

Q&A from Ebay Listing:

Q: Dear Seller, just trying to give some good advice as I am an ebay seller myself and game used collector. If I were you when listing your game used items. just display them thats it. Don;t have someone model them or wearing them for the picture. Not there is anything wrong with your daughter but most collectors hate seeing a Jersey being worn or used other than the player and will cause people not to bid on items or turn them off from an auction. Just trying to help!! Aug-25-10
A: You made some very valid points and I appreciate you taking the time to offer them. I have sold many, many game used items over the years and had followed the advice you stated. This time, however, my daughter asked me if she could make some extra working around the house. I told her that if she modeled the jerseys I was selling, I'd pay her 5.00 for each one that sold. So, if bidders get turned off by the way I display my items, then so be it. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to offer your thoughts. My way (this time) is the correct way. Take care. Jeff

joelsabi
08-26-2010, 09:12 AM

So this Walter Payton jersey he is now selling, the correct way, has been worn by the seller to shows.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-80s-Chicago-Bears-PAYTON-home-jersey-GF-LOA-/300459884326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

geoff
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I hate when People Wear Game Used Jerseys.

cohibasmoker
08-28-2010, 07:49 AM
I personally do NOT have an issue with it. The Seller got a family member, in this case his daughter, involved into the hobby. What's wrong with a Father and Daughter spending quality time together and sharing a mutual hobby?

Just my thoughts

suave1477
08-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I personally do NOT have an issue with it. The Seller got a family member, in this case his daughter, involved into the hobby. What's wrong with a Father and Daughter spending quality time together and sharing a mutual hobby?

Just my thoughts

Cohiba I dont think anyone here has an issue with Father and Daughter spending quality time together.
The issue is regardless of who is wearing the Jersey other than the player himself / herself no one really wants to see that. It is a turn off.

sox83cubs84
08-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Could be worse...instead of letting his daughter wear it, he could be photographing it while it sat atop his toilet...:p

Dave Miedema:p