PDA

View Full Version : Possibility I'm Being Scammed. Help Me.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Ok guys, I just won an auction on ebay for a Jason Heyward spring jersey.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260650955210

Does anyone KNOW the seller or KNOW if he is a member here? As soon as I won the auction, I got 5 emails from him saying not to pay through ebay and that I had to send the money to another email address. I am 100% sure that this seller owns the jersey... I know this because the guy that sold it to him offered it to me first, but I had another bill that had to be paid, so he sold it to this guy...

what I'm not sure of, is if his ebay was hacked while it was listed and it is someone else trying to get my money. Does that make sense?

Here is the last email that he sent me. Does anyone recognize the email?

Thank you for bidding on this auction. I have a special request to make. My Paypal account I have set up in connection with this auction is not working properly (I Mispelled it by one letter & could not correct it after 1st bid). Can you manually make Payment to my Paypal account? Do you know how to do that? If you send payment thru ebay checkout, the money will NOT go into my Paypal account. It will get lost/stuck in Paypal.

If you need to speak w/me to confirm this let me know I will email you my phone number immediately and you can talk to me personally to assure you and answer any questions you have.

My Paypal addrress is:
vintagebats4u@yahoo.com

I appreciate any help with this issue. Hell, I'd be willing to reward someone to clear this up or verify his identity. justinbittner220@hotmail.com

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
The one thought that I did have, is that maybe I should request that He sends me a paypal request and lists the auction number on it. Would that guarantee my safety in the event of a scam?

ballhawknet
08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Got to the request user information form on ebay.

Or contact information as they call it .( you might have to search for it )

This way you get his real info , and you can call him .

good luck

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Though I am an ebay junkie, I 'm not sure that I understand what you mean... Lol, can you guide me through it?

AWA85
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
It could be true, I would talk to him on the phone and have him send the paypal request for money "for the Heyward jersey". Take your time and be smart, it should work out.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:05 PM
awa85,
The phone number he gives could be a ridiculous phony one too that goes to the bogus scamming hacker fraud. Right?

ballhawknet
08-25-2010, 01:20 PM
The contact information page is here

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contact-member.html#requesting

you need name and item #

If the sellers rating was low ...real low , then yes I would say he could have a fake number . ( and if its no good then you know ) But the seller is 200 + perfect. Get his number , the one he has listed and call him,

Let him know that he CAN correct his address he listed through paypal and resend the money request through ebay/paypal .

NOTE : A lot of people are doing this because of paypals new rule holding back funds until the shipment arrives and feedback has been left. If he sends money request he gets the $ immediately and you are not protected.
Bottom line is if you trust the seller then do it , if not dont.

PAYPALS NEW RULES : SUCK , because they already have , in my case , my bank account info , so if anything goes wrong they can just dip into there and get it back to the buyer . Just another way to our money in paypals account longer .

good luck

cliffjmp33
08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Not sure I am any help, but would contacting the previous owner (the one who sold the jersey to the ebay seller) be a possibility? Maybe use that person as a middle man if you both trust him and he's willing to do it?

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Thank you... I'll try this is see where it goes. He has good feedback, but so does everyone else until someone steals their name and password and sell a bunch of fake stuff.

Should I ask this guy where and who he got the jersey from? I know the answer to that.

joelsabi
08-25-2010, 01:25 PM
try this

http://shop.ebay.com/ebayadvsearch/_W0QQ_sofindtypeZ9?&_in_kw=1&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_adv=1&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip%20code&_sargn=-1&_salic=1&_saact=1&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_saslop=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

phone number needs to match what the person is giving you thru the email you are getting outside of ebay otherwise I would be skeptical.

good luck

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
cliff,
i did that and am waiting for a response.
thanks

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok... if someone is able to steal an ebay name and password, wouldnt they be able to change the listed phone number in ebay?

ballhawknet
08-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Ok... if someone is able to steal an ebay name and password, wouldnt they be able to change the listed phone number in ebay?

A notice goes directly to the real persons email notifying him of the change in personal info on ebay if this does happen.

I still think the guy is trying to get around the hold paypal places on auctions until item is delivered and feedback is left.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Another email. I told him to email me his number. I'll see if it matches the ebay one.

I apologize for the barrage of emails to you, this is an emergency. Please contact me BEFORE YOU SEND PAYMENT, my Paypal account address that is linked to this auction is incorrect. I found this out the hard way, when one of my most recent auction closed and the payment was stuck in Paypal. The customer had to cancel the payment and we had to send it manually, it was a nightmare. Please I want to avoid the hassle for both of us, DO NOT SEND PAYMENT THRU EBAY CHECKOUT!!!! Please Contact me or Follow the instructions I gave you. Again, if you want to speak with me personally to confirm or ask questions, please let me know, I will send my phone number to you. Thank you and I apologize for the inconvience.

Lt Commander
US Navy SEALs
Special Operations

jetersbatboy
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
If it smells like sh!t, feels like sh!t and it taste like sh!T, then it is sh!t!!! Scam all the way!!!!

joelsabi
08-25-2010, 01:43 PM
If it smells like sh!t, feels like sh!t and it taste like sh!T, then it is sh!t!!! Scam all the way!!!!

email the seller thru the ebay system about what is happening and see if you get a reply back. it could be that the seller has no idea about these emails you are receiving.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:44 PM
jetersbatboy,
I'm glad that someone agrees. I am aware of most of the bs ebay scams. This one just seems ultra odd.

ballhawknet
Lt Commander
US Navy SEALs
Special Operations

????????????????

NOW im suspicious

just notify ebay ...end of story :)

joelsabi
Another email. I told him to email me his number. I'll see if it matches the ebay one.

I apologize for the barrage of emails to you, this is an emergency. Please contact me BEFORE YOU SEND PAYMENT, my Paypal account address that is linked to this auction is incorrect. I found this out the hard way, when one of my most recent auction closed and the payment was stuck in Paypal. The customer had to cancel the payment and we had to send it manually, it was a nightmare. Please I want to avoid the hassle for both of us, DO NOT SEND PAYMENT THRU EBAY CHECKOUT!!!! Please Contact me or Follow the instructions I gave you. Again, if you want to speak with me personally to confirm or ask questions, please let me know, I will send my phone number to you. Thank you and I apologize for the inconvience.

Lt Commander
US Navy SEALs
Special Operations

this looks scripted.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I am going to wait and see if

A. Someone that has purchased something from this seller contacts me with a confirmed email/phone number
B. The previous owner of the jersey writes back to me and confirms that he sold the jersey to this guy and gives me his email/phone number

Then ebay will be contacted etc...

I knew I could go a whole week without something ridiculous happening... I feel like the Phillies.

jetersbatboy
08-25-2010, 01:55 PM
jetersbatboy,
I'm glad that someone agrees. I am aware of most of the bs ebay scams. This one just seems ultra odd.

It's almost like those Nigerian Kings emailing me, that I am the new crowned price and I stand to inherit $500000 pounds!!! If i send a $1000 fee to have it notarized. Weird part is I'm not even african American!!! I'm Japanese Hawaiian!!! Go figure!!!

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 02:04 PM
I would be happy to pay $1000 dollars to inherit this Heyward jersey, lol...

BULBUS
08-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Seems like a scam, but considering this guys previous listings, I wouldnt put it past him to pull something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1952-Mickey-Mantle-Rookie-Year-Game-Used-Glove-wCOA-LOA-/260591632927?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cac78c21f

There are some entertaining threads on this guy.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
bulbus,
Ya, I've seen some his stuff before... however, I didn't realize that it was the same guy I was dealing with... and I don't even care if he is odd or strange or whatever, I just want what I thought was coming my way.

Mark17
08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
As others have said, report the entire situation to ebay, try to get a case number or something, go through PayPal with someone from ebay/PayPal walking with you through the process, and then if anything goes wrong (not that it would, from a guy selling a Lou Gehrig bat and claiming one of his authenticators recently spoke to Gehrig,) ebay and PayPal will already be on top of the transaction.

I feel honored to see my question about this guy's Lou Gehrig bat now included in his LOA from "TSA":

Q: Hi, the letter from TSA says: "TSA" these are scholars,philosophers,doctors,lawyers,lawmen etc at levels you wont even see in movies. One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right. Which one of the TSA people spoke to Gehrig recently? The doctor, lawyer, or lawman?

A: Well it could have also been the butler the baker or the candle stick maker too lolol. If you are serious write me back and i will ask "TSA" then we will all know. But i already have an idea who it migtht be there is only one person on earth alive that can do something like that. Please dont write back if you are not serious ok i dont care if you are from the "FBI" im not impressed not after what i have seen throughout the many years. Besides you did not get the memo the fbi does not exist anymore but only in name not power. A new goverment took over already ok i know its made up of so many nazis so what as long as they follow the american laws lol. Which i know they wont for long lol but thats when this country can really start living and a new nation be born. It has already started cant turn back now its too late besides why would you want to. Thank You

spartakid
08-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Definitely a scam, NO ONE signs their name that that on a paypal/ebay message. Sounds exactly like those craigslist scams of poeple who claim to be in the military and offer to ship a car to you, etc. Point being, I wouldn't pay a cent if I were you.

Dach0sen0ne
08-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Lt Commander
US Navy SEALs
Special Operations

I received a similar email a few weeks back, but the guy was a Captain not a Lt Commander. It was total BS and I didn't even win an auction.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Ok. The previous owner just contacted me and definitely sold the jersey to nycsportsstore.

The shady seller just emailed me his phone number. It is different than the one listed on ebay. They are both 718 --- ---- numbers, so maybe one is a cell and one is a house or business? I'm unsure. Should I call the ebay number and see who answers?

spartakid
08-25-2010, 07:23 PM
It seems like you are playing with fire. I can see all the things you listed being explained, EXCEPT that LT. Commander thing. Seriously, who would sign a note like that?

trsent
08-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Ok. The previous owner just contacted me and definitely sold the jersey to nycsportsstore.

The shady seller just emailed me his phone number. It is different than the one listed on ebay. They are both 718 --- ---- numbers, so maybe one is a cell and one is a house or business? I'm unsure. Should I call the ebay number and see who answers?

Pay for it through eBay only. Use a credit card to pay through PayPal or do not send payment. Also, only email the seller through eBay's messanging system. Call their on file number, do not call the number emailed to you.

buc
08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
It seems like you are playing with fire. I can see all the things you listed being explained, EXCEPT that LT. Commander thing. Seriously, who would sign a note like that?

I completely disagree. By the way, I've got a Mickey Mantle game used glove if anyone is interested.
President of the United States
President
US of A

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks buc... I'll take two.

Sparta,
My thoughts exactly. EXCEPT that people that wrote feedback to him called him sir on several occasions. What a cluster...

joelsabi
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Pay for it through eBay only. Use a credit card to pay through PayPal or do not send payment. Also, only email the seller through eBay's messanging system. Call their on file number, do not call the number emailed to you.

+1

You definitely have to play by all Ebay rules in this situation. You need documentation on the Ebay system or Ebay will not protect you.

MSpecht
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Just read these two threads---if you still feel comfortable dealing with this guy, well --------just maybe those Nigerian guys will actually come through.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32866&highlight=TSA

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33119&highlight=TSA (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33119&highlight=TSA)

One other option, of course, is to tell them that since they are 'changing the game,' in terms of payment, that you will be happy to send payment anywhere they want it, as long as they send the jersey first and you will send payment immediately upon receipt. (Based on your feedback they should trust you to do this.)

Mike jackitout7@aol.com (jackitout7@aol.com)

buc
08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Just read these two threads---if you still feel comfortable dealing with this guy, well --------just maybe those Nigerian guys will actually come through.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32866&highlight=TSA

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33119&highlight=TSA (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33119&highlight=TSA)

Mike jackitout7@aol.com (jackitout7@aol.com)

My thoughts exactly. And, by the way, some of the other items he has received GREAT feedback for are not authentic...but you decide. I'd rather take a non-paying strike than deal with this.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, like I said in my original post. The only TSA stuff is the bs autograph on the baseball card. The jersey, which he bought from someone I know, is what I am interested in and it comes with an LOA from the Braves team, just like my other 3 Heyward jerseys do. I just don't want to send the money to the person if his account was hacked.

buc
08-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Well, like I said in my original post. The only TSA stuff is the bs autograph on the baseball card. The jersey, which he bought from someone I know, is what I am interested in and it comes with an LOA from the Braves team, just like my other 3 Heyward jerseys do. I just don't want to send the money to the person if his account was hacked.
He also sold a FAKE Mickey Mantle autograph authenticated by STAT and TSA. I understand your dilemma, but is the Heyward worth it???? And if his account was hijacked, PayPal (ebay in itself) would already have been notified and told you not to pay.

lakeerie92
08-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I can tell you as a Navy man myself. 9.9 times out of 10 if someone tells you they are a Navy SEAL they are not. The guys who are have enough confidence that they don't have to brag about it. Plus, it is bad from an operational security standpoint. Different story once they get out though. Oh, by the way this is fake. I received an eBay email like this before. They saw you won and sent it to you. Email nycsports confirm it is ok to send payment first.

jetersbatboy
08-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I suggest you tell the seller you won't pay until he gets his paypal account fixed. If he is a honest seller he should understand! Or I'd take tresent advice, you CC will protect you!

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 08:02 PM
A new reply from him.

Its my cell number. what is so confusing? i misspelled paypal email on auction. once a bid is made i could not correct it. i want you to send payment manually. you know how to use paypal? i gave you my cell number so you can call me for any questions. i got a call from unknown number. was that you? you said hello and hung up. call me

ps. it wasn't me that called him. His next message says ask for Dan... His ebay info says his name is Michael Jacob.

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 08:06 PM
He also claimed that once a bid was made that he couldn't change his paypal payment address on the auction.

Mark17
08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
If you do talk to him, will you PLEASE ask him which one of the TSA guys recently spoke to Gehrig? I'm betting it's either the doctor or the lawman, but I'm dying to know for sure.

Thanks,
Mark

justinbittner220
08-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I just mentioned this situation to ebay. Tomorrow I will call the ebay number first, then the one this guy gave me and see if anything lines up. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again for all of the help so far,
Justin

Linkinph1088
08-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Got to the request user information form on ebay.

Or contact information as they call it .( you might have to search for it )

This way you get his real info , and you can call him .

good luck

Wow, Thanks for your suggestion. It's helpful for me.

Thanks a lot,

joelsabi
08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
He also claimed that once a bid was made that he couldn't change his paypal payment address on the auction.

I believe this is true since certain fields do become read only once a bid is in the system. But there should not be a reason to input the paypal payment address as it should default what information you have in your seller information when you create a listing and if it was wrong previously why has he not bothered to correct his seller information after having trouble with past transactions.

earlywynnfan
08-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Here is the seller's email. He's quick to reply, or at least was to me:

nycsportsstore@yahoo.com

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

justinbittner220
08-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok guys... good or bad, I don't know yet. I had the seller relist the item and update his paypal account information. I bought it through ebay, sent the money through paypal, and talked to the guy on the phone. Hopefully, I will be getting a Heyward jersey in the mail this weekend...

Again, I thank you guys for all of your advice and support. That is what this forum is for.
Justin

buc
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Ok guys... good or bad, I don't know yet. I had the seller relist the item and update his paypal account information. I bought it through ebay, sent the money through paypal, and talked to the guy on the phone. Hopefully, I will be getting a Heyward jersey in the mail this weekend...

Again, I thank you guys for all of your advice and support. That is what this forum is for.
Justin

Justin,
Hope it all works out for you....it is a great jersey and one that I'd love to own. Let us know what happens.

joelsabi
08-26-2010, 10:56 PM

Justin

ingenious solution. hope it works out.

BU54CB
08-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Sounds shady to me, how is the seller accepting other payments if they "mis-spelled their paypal address? If there's something you double check when selling items, isn't it your paypal address. If you think you're being scammed, nine times out of ten, you probably are.

xpress34
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Justin -

Hope it all works out for you, but this loon IS the TSA guy... check his 'other auctions' and you'll see the 'Gehrig Bat' and the 'Mantle Bat', etc...

In one of the forums on this guy, he REFUSED an offer of $125,000 for the so called Gehrig bat until the buyer told him why he would pay that much for a bat!?!?! And he was asking $250,000 for it???

He lists the TSA 'Guarantee' on everyone of his auctions and threatens Legal Action against any who challenge him.

Me personally, I would have let the jersey go.

I do wish you the best in the situation though... please keep us posted how it goes.

- Chris

cohibasmoker
08-27-2010, 09:02 AM

Justin

Words of advise, open the package in front of the USPS delivery person. If you have to go the Post Office, take your digital camera and open the package in front of the clerk. Why? To document what was sent and/or received is what was promised.

Just my opinion.

legaleagle92481
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Honestly. You are INSANE to go through with it. This guy is the looniest guy on Ebay. I have run into some interesting characters in this hobby in 20 plus years in it and he far and away is the most completely off his rocker. Plus he was trying to scam you. I mean do you really need the jersey that bad to risk it? As far as opening it in front of the postman like someone said what if the postman just leaves it outside your door?

MSpecht
08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Hopefully things work out for you, but the points have been made--- this guy IS TSA and all of his ridiculous crap is easily seen in his 'other items for sale' which still has the "Gehrig Bat" (maybe Lou will personally deliver it to the winner,) " Mantle Glove" (maybe The Mick will do the same), the "Bench Bat" (NOTHING about it resembles a professional model bat but TSA says it's good and heck, they even offer a money back guarantee), the "Dickey Ensamble," etc etc etc....

In this case, at least try to protect yourself as much as possible, and at least you're not putting out an absurd amount of money like $480,000.00 for the "Mantle Glove." If things go sideways, you are more than welcome to contact Mr. Budi below in my behalf (actually, all of Mr Budi's representations sound alot like the glorification of TSA in every one of this clown's auctions):

"I know this letter may come to you as a surprise considering the fact that you have not had any formal acquaintance before, because there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Mr. Douglas Budi, a staff from Arab Bank of Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I write to seek your services in a private matter regarding some funds (unclaimed) in Arab Bank of Malaysia Kuala Lumpur without any beneficiary.

My propose is to get in touch with you to receive money /asset owned by our foreign estate investor to avoid it being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank {ARAB BANK OF MALAYSIA} and the fund worth (U.S. $ 5,200,000.00) Five million two hundred thousand united states dollars

The suspense account has a pending U.S. $ 5,200,000.00 usd that has never been picked up for 3 years despite all efforts to get a hold of anyone associated with this man has proved useless, so in touch with you, I am asking for your consent to submit to the bank as the family / beneficiary of funds on behalf of my late clients because as an officer of this finance institution, I cannot be directly connected to this money by claiming it as the beneficiary, so I need your assistance to receive this money as the trustee for us to SHARE. so that we can proceeds with requirements of the transfer and we can negotiate merits of a mutually agreed percentage.

All legal documentation to support their claims as the family of my client can also be granted from high court as well as in finance departments by the help of his personal Attorney. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us achieve this transaction. The proposed transaction will take place under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any violation of law. However, if this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do not accept my sincere letter. If instead you want to achieve this goal with me, please contact me for more details. Hope to hear from you soon

Sincerely,

Mr. Douglas Budi"

P.S. Why does all of this guy's feedback thank the buyers for their "support, patience, and understanding," ????

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com (Jackitout7@aol.com)

rj_lucas
08-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Mike, LOL. What exactly is a 'suspense account' anyway? The only suspense associated with my bank account is wondering if there's enough in there to cover the bills :)

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

justinbittner220
08-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Ok guys. I will say what I have said before because some of your posts have kind of been covered.

1. I had the previous owner of the jersey verify that it was 100% sold to this guy. It has a LOA from the Braves, just as my other Heyward jerseys do.

2. I'm not in any way, shape, or form even remotely concerned with any of the BS that TSA or whoever stands for, sells, or verifies.

3. I really don't care how odd the guy is. On the phone, he was ultra polite, not shady, apologetic, etc, but is definitely one of a kind. However, that doesn't affect my desire for the jersey.

4. I already said in a post that I was aware of the ridiculousness of the TSA guy auctions, but I was unaware that this was him when I placed my bid. I should have looked.

The whole situation is odd, but I'm hoping for the best. He claimed that he was going to express/overnight it, so I'm sure that I will have to sign for it if it arrives. I WILL DEFINITELY open the box up in front of whoever brings it and high five them if the EXACT JERSEY THAT I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO RECEIVE is in the box.
Why does he thank everyone for patience and support?

MSpecht
08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Justin--

Everybody on the forum is hoping that all works out for you in this deal, as you have done alot to try to cover all the bases. Good Luck and be sure to update.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

justinbittner220
09-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Update.

So he didn't overnight the item, as promised, but did provide me with a tracking number 3 days ago. However, the number wasn't registered with USPS until today. Odd. I guess I'll see this week if it arrives...

cohibasmoker
09-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Update.

So he didn't overnight the item, as promised, but did provide me with a tracking number 3 days ago. However, the number wasn't registered with USPS until today. Odd. I guess I'll see this week if it arrives...

Again, open the package in front of a USPS employee and have your digital camera handy to document what was actually in the box.

justinbittner220
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I'll update everyone as soon as the box is opened.

earlywynnfan
09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Anyone notice his items have been removed?? I was a bidder on the frank chance bat and received an email that they were cancelling the auction for our safety.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

justinbittner220
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
early,
That is odd. I did contact ebay as soon as my situation got strange. I just told them about everything that was going on and they claimed that they would look into it. I haven't heard back.

Jags Fan Dan
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
If it comes down to eBay doing something, you might as well forget about it.:rolleyes:

justinbittner220
09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
The only hope, in my experience, is with paypal. I'm just praying that it doesn't come down to that.

justinbittner220
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Ok guys. I got home from work today and there was a box in between my doors. Typically, the USPS doesn't let packages at my house and I have to pick them up. So this sort of took away the option of opening the box with postal woman(I would have liked to high five her:) ).

So I waited for my girlfriend to get home and made her watch every step. Inside the packaging, I found an L.O.A. from the Braves, alot of empty envelopes for padding, and a Jason Heyward Spring Training Jersey. I have to be honest. I'm probably just as shocked as all of you that I actually got this.

The jersey is identical to my other Heyward spring jerseys and the L.O.A. matches my others, as well. Thank you to all of you for all of your help throughout this process.
Justin

Jags Fan Dan
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I am really glad it worked out fine.:)

Dach0sen0ne
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Sometimes you have to take the chance, in your case it was worth it. I'm glad it came. CONGRATS!!! :D

Mark17
09-03-2010, 04:24 PM
I'll admit, I wouldn't have taken the chance you did. Glad it worked out for you!

Out of curiosity, you know what you paid, and you know what your seller paid to get it. What was the difference in prices? Did the guy ship to you while taking a loss on it?

-Mark

justinbittner220
09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Mark17,
He paid 950 for the jersey about 2 months ago. I was offered the chance to buy it by the previous owner for the same price, but I just didn't have the money at that time.

I ended up paying 505 shipped to my door. I'm very shocked that he sold it for that price.

justinbittner220
09-03-2010, 08:19 PM
PS. I bid $1000, right off the bat, because I assumed that the chance of him selling the jersey for less was highly unlikely.

Mark17
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
From some of the exchanges regarding his other "vintage" items, it seemed clear the seller was reading the GUU message boards. I think the guy deserves credit for doing the right thing, shipping the item while taking a loss (we've all had to do that on occasion, I'm sure,) and I also think this forum deserves some credit for spotlighting the transaction as things unfolded.

Yet another example why I love GUU, and how it's a great resource for the hobby.

-Mark

vonbrandingo
09-04-2010, 12:46 AM
From some of the exchanges regarding his other "vintage" items, it seemed clear the seller was reading the GUU message boards. I think the guy deserves credit for doing the right thing, shipping the item while taking a loss (we've all had to do that on occasion, I'm sure,) and I also think this forum deserves some credit for spotlighting the transaction as things unfolded.

Yet another example why I love GUU, and how it's a great resource for the hobby.

-Mark

Well put. One member stated that he may have been a member and I don't doubt it considering the knowledge he had of the hobby (even if used inappropriately). I'm sure there are plenty more people that roam the boards than post.