PDA

View Full Version : This friggin hobby....

philsfan
08-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Went to the highschool track in the afternoon for a quick run. As I finished my run, the football team left the field, leaving a ton of equipment on the field: jerseys, helmets, gloves, footballs. This "hobby" has become so out of control for me that, for a second, I considered grabbing everything I could and making a run for my car. Absolutely pathetic!

CampWest
08-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Didn't Bryce Harper's high school bat sell for a couple grand a while back?

If there was some future superstar in the crowd it may actually be a "good investment". Say you had the next Peyton Manning's high school jersey. Might not be such a bad thing.

That said, stealing is wrong. Just say no to thievery.

Mark17
08-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Congratulations on the self-control.

Had you taken them, would you have washed them, removing much of the game use (grass stains, etc.) or left them in a big, smelly pile in your home?

philsfan
08-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on the self-control.

Had you taken them, would you have washed them, removing much of the game use (grass stains, etc.) or left them in a big, smelly pile in your home?

LOL! I guess if I truly had a "game used" problem, I would have been one of those guys posting on GUU about how I like to put the stuff on and walk around town with it. I recall a post on here from a guy that said he liked to put his game used jerseys on and wear them around his house. Even better were the guys who said they "rub off" the autographs on their game used bats. Unbelievable!