PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Game Helmet For Sale

scottanservitz
08-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I have what I think is a Notre Dame game used helmet up for sale. The story behind it is it was purchased at a thrift store in Ohio. I don't know when it was used, but I will detail everything that I can tell from the helmet as I got it. I don't know the size as it doesn't quite fit my head. I wear a 7 3/8 baseball cap. So it is smaller than that. It shows heavy use both inside and out. It has been painted gold apparently several times. On the front it has IRISH on the bumper. The facemask shows a lot of hits. It has an ADAMS chinstrap with USA and 93 on it. All interior padding is intact and shows heavy wear. I don't know if the air pad holds air or not as it is hard from age. On the back there is the warning label on the right with an NCAA football sticker on the left. It also has the American flag sticker attached just to the right above the stickers. The helmet shows numerous scratches and somewhere along the way it appears somebody scratched the word FAT on the top. I am not an expert on helmets as I really haven't handled many since my playing days. It is a neat conversation piece and I don't see any numbers attaching it to any specific player. I'm looking to sell it for $175 shipped. If you have any questions or can add anything I'd be very appreciative. Thanks for the look.

Scott

anservitz@yahoo.com

lakeerie92
08-28-2010, 10:03 PM
This is a repainted youth helmet made to look like a Notre Dame helmet. The decals are current but the placement is wrong. A helmet with this decals wouldn't have a 93 chinstrap. There is a lot about this helmet that doesn't match up.

scottanservitz
08-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I really don't know that much and really don't want to rip anybody off. So in reality this sale is over. Sorry for the inconvenience.