PDA

View Full Version : Bats from the year before

AWA85
09-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Last night as I was sitting by Brewers fans watching the Reds and Chapmania, I noticed Harang was using a bat which seemed to have the 125 year logo on it from LS. My fiancee shook her head that I would recognize something like that, but it made me wonder about how many bats players have and do the batch dates on the bottom really help us. Would people question a 2009 bat if it was MLB authenticated for 2010 season?

I will admit, Harang may be one of the worst hitters of all time so it is possible that he just did not break his order from last year and with all the time out because of injury still has a few left.

Jags Fan Dan
09-01-2010, 08:53 AM
People will question anything that is not exactly what they would expect to see. But that does not mean that many, many anomalies are not out there. I mean, if you were Harang, would you throw out a bunch of perfectly fine bats just because they were last years model? I don't think I would care if I were him. As you say, he ain't Babe Ruth up there!:D

AWA85
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
If I was Harang I think I would be swinging anyone's lumber that would allow him to. The little lady is not a sports fan, but she even critiqued him when he was up at the dish last night.

sox83cubs84
09-01-2010, 10:14 PM
I've been handed two such bats by players over the years, both Rawlings: 1998 Brant Brown given to me in 1999, and a 2002 Moises Alou bat he gave me in '03.

Dave Miedema

chakes89
09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Yovanni Gallardo was swinging a 2009 bat last night

BMH
09-02-2010, 04:59 AM
I've had at least three players call and complain about models this year. They dig through what even pile of bats they have and pull out one at least two to three years old and compare it to the new ones. Of course most do not understand that wood will shrink and expand with temp and moisture content. So the next day we'll get a call from our sales reps that the player's new bats are nothing like the ones he used to get and there must be something wrong with our CNC machine.:rolleyes:

Player's will keep bats a very long time.

metsbats
09-02-2010, 07:00 AM
I've had at least three players call and complain about models this year. They dig through what even pile of bats they have and pull out one at least two to three years old and compare it to the new ones. Of course most do not understand that wood will shrink and expand with temp and moisture content. So the next day we'll get a call from our sales reps that the player's new bats are nothing like the ones he used to get and there must be something wrong with our CNC machine.:rolleyes:

Player's will keep bats a very long time.

Perhaps like fine wine bats should be aged 2-3 years before they are given to the players. Replace the "Powerized" stamp near the center brand with "Aged To Perfection".:D