PDA

View Full Version : Took BP yesterday at the Diamond

Vintagedeputy
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img835/8172/proactiveshooters1.jpgSince

My company is a sponsor for the Double A Richmond Flying Squirrels, I was able to take BP at the Diamond yesterday. Found out that even on a professional field, I'm still a dead pull hitter, lol. I smoked 6 or 7 in row fair, down the 3rd base line and popped one out to 2nd. Boy it was fun swinging a bat again!

island_style
09-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Hey, Jim.

Congrats on taking a round of BP at the Diamond! Save some of those ropes to left for when you attend your Yankees camp this January!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

P.S. I get dibs on one of your baseball cards from the camp.

Vintagedeputy
09-03-2010, 12:12 PM
haha, thanks Ron. I'll save you a card. I'm actually thinking about getting myself a bat!

Kid4hof03
09-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Very cool!

I grew up at the Diamond, spent a lot of summer nights watching the Braves play. I still remember what a big deal it was when they tore down Parker Field and built that place.

On a collecting note, I have a pair of Parker Field seats in my office. I was able to pick them up at one of the old Tuff Stuff shows 10-12 years ago.

island_style
09-05-2010, 04:55 AM
haha, thanks Ron. I'll save you a card. I'm actually thinking about getting myself a bat!

Thanks for saving a card for me, Jim. I have one from my camp and can trade with you.

The camp should have stock bats for the players to use, but it will be nice to use your own (and have the camp instructors sign afterwards). Some campers bring their own helmet, too. Try to dip into the ball bag so that you can have a game ball from each game you play.

You should start a thread about your "Road to Camp" so that we can all enjoy the experience!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com