PDA

View Full Version : Steiner 30% Discount

Sonny25
09-05-2010, 12:05 AM
I've never purchased anything from Steiner until tonight & apparently they deducted 30% off.

I searched & searched but couldn't really find any information about the discount, anybody know how long this is going on?

Dach0sen0ne
09-05-2010, 01:29 AM
I'd say it's a glitch cause it works on Jeter items and those are like NEVER discounted.

LWMM
09-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Probably this? They've sent round a couple of these emails recently.

http://www.steinersportsmarketing.com/retailemail/midnightII_20100827/midnight_20100827.html

Note the fine print: ** Product Exclusions include: Meadowlands Seat Pairs, Yankee Stadium Seat Pairs, Game-used Jerseys, Game-used Bats, Autographed Game-used items and products featuring Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez or Mariano Rivera.

Dach0sen0ne
09-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I think this promo is glitching, it's giving 30% off EVERYTHING

http://www.steinersportsmarketing.com/retailemail/2010collegekickoff/nd9310.html?cc=ndkickoff9310

LWMM
09-05-2010, 02:04 AM
I think this promo is glitching, it's giving 30% off EVERYTHING

http://www.steinersportsmarketing.com/retailemail/2010collegekickoff/nd9310.html?cc=ndkickoff9310

Quick, it's only $10,500!

http://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-2-1998-game-used-road-jersey

Dach0sen0ne
09-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Quick, it's only $10,500!

http://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-2-1998-game-used-road-jersey

Only if they have 5 available. LOL

Sonny25
09-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I just got an email from them.

They said the discount was only good for Thursday. lol

I got a couple nice game used jerseys though at a great price.

BoneRubbedBat
09-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I just picked up a Starlin Castro GU bat and it gave me the 30% off. The discount said "College Football Discount." I was gonna pay the full $200 for the bat, but got out for under $150 shipped.

So.....the 30% off is still in effect as of noon on Sunday.

ereyes
09-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately all orders this past weekend using the expired 30% off coupon code will be voided. There was a glitch in our system that allowed you to use the code on all products. The code expired on August 27th and when valid you couldn't use it on any game used products. You can reach me at 888-265-9298 or via email at ereyes@steinersports.com in the event that you may have some questions.

ereyes
09-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Sorry that's most orders not all, thanks

ndevlin
09-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately all orders this past weekend using the expired 30% off coupon code will be voided. There was a glitch in our system that allowed you to use the code on all products. The code expired on August 27th and when valid you couldn't use it on any game used products. You can reach me at 888-265-9298 or via email at ereyes@steinersports.com in the event that you may have some questions.

So you will be voiding all orders this past weekend because of a glitch in your system? As in, items that have already been purchased this weekend using that code will be voided and refunded the money? Is that right?

Do you think that looks good? I didnt order anything, but I would think you guys would honor any orders over the weekend with some sort of "glitch" in your own system.

mbenga28
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
if I was running a business and had a glitch like that, I would continue to honor the discounts because that error is on me. this really doesn't give customers confidence to buy again in the future. does it say on Steiner's site they are not responsible for any errors?

Dach0sen0ne
09-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Good thing I didn't sell all my possessions on craigslist to buy that Jeter jersey, cause I'd be pissed. :D

zooat2
09-07-2010, 10:06 AM
- Terrible job Steiner. Just terrible....you guys make money hand over fist, let it go this time...

AWA85
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I was close to buying an item with that discount, but glad I backed off. Thought in the back of my mind something like this could happen, but I know any business and store you go to.... if they ring something up wrong it's on them.

Interested to see how this one is handled!

ereyes
09-07-2010, 10:15 AM
The link that was sent previously on this thread shows how the code expired on August 27th, so everyone was aware that it had expired and took advantage of the situation. If you read the all the language on the link sent it states that Steiner Sports reserves the right to cancel any order.

BULBUS
09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
- Terrible job Steiner. Just terrible....you guys make money hand over fist, let it go this time...

Really......how many items that werent supposed to be discounted sold :confused:

I don't think this is the first time there was a "glitch" in the system and they voided orders :(

ereyes
09-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Please read all my postings, i stated that not all orders will be voided.

tkd7
09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't have a dog in the fight, I didn't buy anything with the discount, but I don't have a problem with Steiner canceling orders that don't comply with their promotional terms.

If I posted a $2000 item on ebay and made a typo with the BIN price at $20, I would not honor that sale as a seller. It clearly was a mistake. If I was on the buying end, I wouldn't expect the seller to honor it either. Its just a mistake.

zooat2
09-07-2010, 10:29 AM
The link that was sent previously on this thread shows how the code expired on August 27th, so everyone was aware that it had expired and took advantage of the situation. If you read the all the language on the link sent it states that Steiner Sports reserves the right to cancel any order.

- If you Google search "Steiner Discount Codes" you will find a # of so called "expired" codes that work, I'm sure you haven't gone back and voided ALL of these past orders....

- Remember, you get more bees with honey....

Dach0sen0ne
09-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Nobody entered any codes, your site was automatically giving a 30% discount to ANY item put in their cart without utilization of any code. So, there's no language to read. Just saying.

ereyes
09-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Ok zooat2 I'll say it express it again, we are NOT voiding all order

AWA85
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Another reason this GUU board is so helpful, I just saw the discount when I was messing around on the Steiner site. No links or whichever emails that some of you receive.

Look on here and some people cautioned that the deal was over. Where would we be without GUU?!?!?!

ereyes
09-07-2010, 10:56 AM
We understand that no code was entered, and that's why we're only voiding some orders. Not sure how else to express it. Let me ask you this if it was the other way around and the web charged you more than what you were suppose to be charged would you let it go as is? The answer is no of course.

zooat2
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
- I know, I know not all of the orders were canceled...

- The fact of the matter is you're STILL making money! Including the discount!

- I own a business and there have been a # of times where I have incorrectly priced items, but I let it go because I VALUE the customer, its basic Retail Business 101....I'm still making money on the item, maybe not as much as I could have, but its still money in my pocket...and who knows, maybe if it was its original price it would have sat there on the shelf for years collecting dust..

- And for the record, I didn't purchase anything either, all I'm saying is do right by the customer for crissake!

maccamania
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
another long list of black eyes for Steiner, just man up and honor the discounts. lets see you sell 200% over book value and with 30% off, you still are making 170 %, its a shame this is a good way for Steiner to fix all their screwups for all these years and they blow it.........

legaleagle92481
09-07-2010, 01:01 PM
To defend Steiner. A computer glitch is different then if you called the rep and he said ok your total is x. Then he calls back next day and is like I am sorry but that price I gave you yesterday is wrong. Computers make errors. And here everyone who bought knew or should have known the sale was not applicable. Most of the purchases would likely have ended up on Ebay at a markup anyway. When I saw this thread Saturday I was fuming mad at Steiner because the sale was much less than I had offered them for several Yankees jerseys. My thought was they have the nerve to reject my offers and then sell the items cheaper at a sale they don't tell me about. At those prices they had to be losing money on some of those items.

Sonny25
09-07-2010, 01:12 PM
As I stated in my original post I've never purchased anything from Steiner before up until this weekend.

I had absolutely NO idea about the discount until I was ready to check out with the jerseys I had purchased & they automatically deducted the 30%.

I assumed this was just some awesome discount they were offering & that's why I originally made this thread & emailed them that night, to find out how much longer the sale would be going on for.
I had decided to go ahead & buy a handful of other jerseys assuming the sale would continue another day or two.

But I'm really not upset though, I understand mistakes are made & as long as I do get my money back then I'll probably end up buying all the jerseys I was interested in, when I can afford them. lol

I am having an awesome string of bad luck lately though with memorabilia.

- NBA Auctions lost one of my packages.

- Grey Flannel said their auction had a glitch & that's why I lost out on the Jordan game used bat I thought I had won.

- A pair of game used shoes I won off ebay got sent to a neighbor of mine, fortunately they did give them to me a few days later.

- The Steiner glitch.

lol

Jules9
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
http://www.steinersportsmarketing.com/retailemail/midnightII_20100827/midnight_20100827.html

Note the fine print: ** Product Exclusions include: Meadowlands Seat Pairs, Yankee Stadium Seat Pairs, Game-used Jerseys, Game-used Bats, Autographed Game-used items and products featuring Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez or Mariano Rivera.

They aren't voiding all orders, maybe just the orders that were used to purchase the items in the fine print.

This post isn't directed toward LWMM216118

mbenga28
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
right, so the Midnight Madness code was for Friday only but if 30% was deducted for another day can't someone say this was for a new unnanounced promotion?

yankees506
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
This is exactly why Steiner can never do anything good. They have a promotion and get killed by people who havent even placed orders! I placed an order this sunday and i was contacted by Efrain this morning and at first sure i was pissed but after i rationalized that i got a discount i was not entitled to i calmed down and we worked a deal where we where both happy. They always treat me great over there and i know they will make it right somehow like they did with me.

LWMM
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM

The link that I posted, with a discount ending on August 27th, was an example of what the first post mentioned. As I said, "Probably this? They've sent round a couple of these emails recently." That could have been worded somewhat better, but the second sentence noted that there were several of the same (or very similar) promotions in the past few days. Dach0sen0ne immediately pointed out the actual promotion that was at issue (link below), which would have ended today. Several posts later, BoneRubbedBat referenced using this promotion (i.e. the one that expired today) with a purchase of a game used bat.

This is only one of the issues brought up, and I have no investment in the others. Just wanted to clear this one up.

lakeerie92
09-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I feel bad for the sales reps because they only have so much room to wiggle so for Efrain and Joseph nothing personal. Most businesses would honor the discount though and do what they can to fix the problem and prevent it from happening again. Then again someone who thinks $500 for a single Derek Jeter sock is reasonable probably doesn't follow the traditional business mold with your average middle class customer in mind.

I recently wanted to buy a 2008 Dodgers line up card from Steiner. I contacted a sales rep and he said it wasn't available because it went to auction and to keep an eye out for it at auction. Two days later I recieved an email stating it didn't sell at auction and I could purchase it for $150. It didn't sell at auction with an opening bid of $30 and now I am expected to pay $100-150 for it.

LWMM
09-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Why was this moved to General Sports Discussion? Don't know about anyone else, but I don't think this thread is about tonight's Rays game.