PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Problems TODAY

DantleyHOF
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi,

Today I tried to list some items on ebay. I got a message saying
"Attention Sellers: Please place a reimbursement payment method on file".

You are supposed to have that already before you can list on Ebay. I had no problems listing items yesterday. Is it a Ebay problem or was it a buyer asking for a refund? If that happenes there should of been alert message placed on my messages. I see none. Why did I get that message. Anyone else is having that problem? B.F.

DantleyHOF
09-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi,
I type fast. Correction of the spelling it is happened not happenes B.F.

Dach0sen0ne
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Do you have a credit card on file?

DantleyHOF
09-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi,
Yes I have a credit card on file. Thats how ebay gets there payment. I also have paypal. I had no issues listing items yesterday.

Dach0sen0ne
09-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi,
Yes I have a credit card on file. Thats how ebay gets there payment. I also have paypal. I had no issues listing items yesterday.

Not sure then, I'm able to list just fine. Normally if you get that message, there's no bank account or credit card linked to you Paypal.

DantleyHOF
09-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi,

Ebay takes out from my credit card per month. To list period. You are supposed to have all of that information even a back up. Like bank account etc. Yesterday I can list and today I get that message. Does ebay have a toll free number or should I can up paypal? B.F.

Dach0sen0ne
09-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I'd call eBay, you can click Contact Us then type in the problem you are having. If the answer isn't helpful, it should have a CALL US option. Good Luck!

justinbittner220
09-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Hopefully you didn't click a bogus link that was trying to get your credit card info. Maybe close all your windows and try again with a new one? I know it sounds dumb, but I guess it's possible?

DantleyHOF
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
justinbittner220
Dach0sen0ne

Called up ebay toll free number and got this issue solved. The problem is under choose payment method. This is a buyer protection and the seller needs authorize there credit card for reimbursements. Just in case a problem does happen. Have a great holiday everyone and thanks for the help on this matter. B.F.

NEFAN
09-10-2010, 05:37 AM
On the same eBay note, I just got back from a year away and started selling again. So far, 75% of my winnning bidders have disppeared after winning. Now that you cannot leave a negative is this the new trend?

cohibasmoker
09-10-2010, 08:00 AM
On the same eBay note, I just got back from a year away and started selling again. So far, 75% of my winnning bidders have disppeared after winning. Now that you cannot leave a negative is this the new trend?

A troubling trend and that is why if you list an item and a Buyer emails you with a Buy It Now price, take it because at least you know they will pay.

Jim