PDA

View Full Version : Arod gamer .... guess the hammer price

Neal
09-08-2010, 07:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-AROD-GAME-USED-HR-526-BAT-PSA-DNA-9-5-/150490685238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2309f19f36#ht_500wt_1154

I saw this in my daily search, and was curious to see how it does. I am still kinda new to the game used bat hobby, so seeing some pricing certainly will help.

Any guess?

BULBUS
09-08-2010, 08:00 AM
There is a reserve on the bat. Probably wont hit the reserve.

joelsabi
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Not sure how much it will fetch. I think the repair on the bat will deter some collectors from bidding so its not a good indicator imho of ARod HR bats.

camarokids
09-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Not sure how much it will fetch. I think the repair on the bat will deter some collectors from bidding so its not a good indicator imho of ARod HR bats.

Why would someone repair a minor crack??? :confused:

suave1477
09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Why would someone repair a minor crack??? :confused:

I hate when someone repairs the crack. It completely imo ruins the bat. It takes away from the originality of the bat. Not to mentioned it is no game use.
It's not like the player himself went to the hardware store and bought wood glue to fix his cracked or broken bat. And if he did, I want provenance showing he did lol

Neal
09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I do not really care one way or the other on repairs such as minor cracks ... as long as the repair is properly disclosed. Adding wood to bat would be a different story however.

Interesting viewpoints. I am not in the market for an Arod. Sticking with Phillies bats, but may start to look at other players. I just thought this one may be worth watching based on the inscription.

MVSNYC
09-15-2010, 10:56 AM
hi, this is my first time posting on this forum...i post periodically on Net54. glad i was told about this forum, it's great!

i am the owner of this ARod HR #526 Bat. just wanted to say, the bat is spectacular, and is so well documented (PSA/DNA 9.5, Full JSA LOA, LOA from ARod, etc). it was acquired directly from ARod's representative.

regarding the minor crack through the center brand, i debated long & hard on having it repaired, and at the end of the day, it was such a minor crack that i felt it would present better being repaired (knowing full-well it would be properly mentioned in Taube's LOA). and in doing so, it went from a 9 to a 9.5, which i thought made the money & effort to repair the crack, worth it. if anyone has any questions let me know, the reserve was just to protect my investment, and i will say that it's below $4500.

thank you for looking, best of luck!
MS

MVSNYC
09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
P.S. a similiar bat (his HR # 560 bat) sold recently in an SCP Auction for around $7,300 w/ the juice. that bat wasn't as well documented either.

joelsabi
09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
P.S. a similiar bat (his HR # 560 bat) sold recently in an SCP Auction for around $7,300 w/ the juice. that bat wasn't as well documented either.

Glad you found this site.

Everyone is entitled to their opionion on what bat is better documented. The 560 HR bat has a MLB hologram with a comment it was used in the 9th inning and has PSA/DNA for the autograph.

MVSNYC
09-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Joel! thank you for your response. i respect your opinion as well. i guess i was just commenting on the fact, that it lacked a numerically graded LOA from John Taube. i also have been hearing some whispers that MLB tends to slap many things with stickers, and there might be some mistakes made here & there (not saying that is the case with the HR 560 bat)...but, given the choice, i would lean towards having a Taube 9.5 vs. just an MLB sticker. just my preference.

thanks, have a good evening-
MS

joelsabi
09-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi Joel! thank you for your response. i respect your opinion as well. i guess i was just commenting on the fact, that it lacked a numerically graded LOA from John Taube. i also have been hearing some whispers that MLB tends to slap many things with stickers, and there might be some mistakes made here & there (not saying that is the case with the HR 560 bat)...but, given the choice, i would lean towards having a Taube 9.5 vs. just an MLB sticker. just my preference.

thanks, have a good evening-
MS

In my mind, the 560 bat would get a Taube 10.

MVSNYC
09-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Joel- i respectfully disagree. i have been dealing with John Taube for several years now, and i know first hand how extremely difficult it is for a bat to achieve a "10".