Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjackson35
    • Dec 2006

American Memorabilia auction - Drew Pearson jersey

Any Cowboys game used collector have any input on the Drew Pearson gamer in the American Memorabilia current auction?

Jersey has tons of use, from sleeve scuffing, tons of pilling on shoulders, and incredible letter puckering. The nameplate stitching is fraying, and jersey has hit marks. The mesh jersey v-neck is cut. Southland tag is sewn on into collar. Pearson spent his 10 year career with America's team- The Cowboys. The 3x Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champ wore this particular jersey during the mid 70 seasons based on the Southland tagging, style of jersey and inventory tag in the collar. The Cowboys selected Pearson as their nominee for NFL Man of the Year. Pearson is known as "Mr. Clutch" for his numerous clutch catches in game-winning situations.
    "88" sewn on back, front and sleeves with "D. PEARSON" sewn on back in tackle twill.
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: American Memorabilia auction - Drew Pearson jersey

Didn't 70s Cowboys jerseys have heat-pressed numbers and lettering?

Comment

• earlywynnfan
      • Oct 2005

You might want to do a thread search, I swear I remember a much-discussed Pearson jersey from AMI a few years ago.

Ken
      earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• slats7
        Banned
        • May 2009

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
        Didn't 70s Cowboys jerseys have heat-pressed numbers and lettering?
        Only in 1980, if you're referring to the royal blue road jerseys. The white home unis switched to heat-pressed numbers in 1974.

Comment

• LWMM
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
          You might want to do a thread search, I swear I remember a much-discussed Pearson jersey from AMI a few years ago.

Ken
          earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
          I looked at all the threads that came up under a "Pearson" search, and all I could find were a couple mentions of an assumed to be bogus helmet. Could that have been what you are thinking of?

Comment

Working...